Nrl

Re: Nrl

Now that's what I'm talking about!! That surprised even me- we absolutely smashed them- so much so, they might as well have not shown up. Go you Blues!!!!!

Disregard the fact it was only 8 points, it was really four tries to one, and a dominant performance from NSW. It was a team effort, everyone put in, in defence, in attack.

Wallace on debut was outstanding, unflappable, and our forwards killed them. Webb didn't make a yard, Crocker did nothing, and Johnson has to harden up. That's twice in two games now he has missed game time because he hurt his little head. Soft!

Cooper was great in defence, Gasnier showed why he should never be a 5/8th- he is a great attacking centre- stay there.

I only hope that Queensland are stubborn enough to say that they will let those guys redeem themselves and pick the same squad again. Hunt was a joke, Thurston was a speed hump, and Slater looked out of his depth.

How good is Craig Bellamy? I like how he even showed opposition coaches how to nullify Cam Smith, his own best club player, to get the win for the Blues. We even got to rest Buddy for pretty much the second half.

Where was this famed Queensland spirit and courage? Where it always was- in the fiction aisle of the bookstore- it has never existed, and we showed it to be a sham last night.

I'm very confident we can go up there for Game 2 and get a result.

Go you Blues! :D

GO THE BLUES!!!

:D

probably the best bit about the win was the defence of NSW, they were magnificent.

Good kicking game from Peter Wallace, Gasnier for his leadership was brilliant which is why he is th premier 5/8th of the game. Matty Cooper out there too.

It was a brilliant performance wasn't it? brilliant.

Game 2 is at Suncorp, should be a good game!

GO THE BLUES!!

Its on in Sydney again mate! :)

Here's my views on last night :D

Well the fix was on. The refs knew it, the players knew it, only the Queensland fans didn't know it!

Surprise, surprise, we now have the decider in Sydney to ensure a full house! ;)

Its Origin. When you see soft penalties given in front of the posts, or on 5th tackles, you know the fix is on.

Game 1 & 3 are always up for grabs, but whoever loses game 1 away will get the fix for game 2. You can tell by the players reaction. When they lost game 1, Queensland were miserable- a couple players looked like they were going to cry. Last night, the Blues didn't care- they knew it was on.

When have you ever seen Brett Stewart just stroll across to a ball in the in goal area, and just look at it for a bit, only picking it up when the defence is about to get there?

And the funny thing is, even with the fix, Queensland still werent that good. NSW played one out football tackling practice for the entire game- they didn't even want to score. Queensland only scored 4 tries. One was off a forward pass, one was a ref's call 'fix' from a double movement or knock-on. Only two were legit. And they were padded out with the 'fix' penalties in between.

Now they will be allowed to play, watch the Blues smash them in game 3.

A few comments on some players. Craig Bellamy made his first big error in picking Turner. He's not fast, he's not tall, he's not strong, its lucky he plays for Melbourne. I hope he enjoyed his one and only Origin game, ever.

I mentioned how happy I was that they didn't pick Prince for game 1, only for during the first half last night, he made that call look silly. His first three kicks almost went out of the stadium. He finished better though and laid on the fourth try for Folau- that was a legit one! ;)

Gidley- look I know we were chasing the game, but kicking like a goober, throwing flick passes to no-one, and running around like a headless chook, didn't instill confidence in someone, who, until his injury, was going to be the Blues halfback???????

Now the fix is over, I'm looking forward to game 3, where the ref should not be seen again, and the game should be tight. NSW by 20!

get real

don't believe for a second in the fix, what a load of codswallop. QLD were just too good. NSW had no run what-so-ever in the 1st half, they improved in the 2nd, but it was just too much for them.

The ref's call was fair enough, i would have given that, and i'm a NSW supporter. Forward Pass was there though, that was a rough call, but NSW just weren't good enough.

Didn't QLD win it in the 2nd game last year? throws your beliefs out the window already doesn't it?

but it'll be a good Game 3, in Sydney, QLD seem to hate ANZ Stadium, they've never played well there, and it will be good.

GO THE BLUES!

It was a fix :D

re: game 2 last year - as I said above, if you lose the first game away, you get given game 2. NSW were that poor last year that even after the fix for them, they still lost! ;)

Confirmation of the refereeing side of 'the fix'! ;)

UNDER-SIEGE referee Tony Archer made no fewer than eight contentious decisions that went against the Blues in Origin II - adding weight to a NSW theory that Queensland propaganda affected his performance.

Video analysis of the eight incidents by The Daily Telegraph lends support to NSW claims that Queensland's week-long campaign to pressure Archer changed the referee's approach and style from Origin I.

There were claims Archer missed forward passes and knock-ons, allowed Queensland to hold down in the ruck and overlooked balls being stripped in tackles.

The first contentious incident occurred in the 12th minute when NSW forward Willie Mason was held down for five seconds but play was allowed to continue.

A minute later, Ryan Hoffman was involved in a similar tackle, again with no penalty blown. Then, in the 21st minute, Archer missed a blatant forward pass from man-of-the-match Greg Inglis that led to a Darius Boyd try.

The blunders continued in the second half, when an apparent strip by Queensland star Johnathan Thurston went undetected by the referee.

Archer awarded just six penalties in Origin I, but a whopping 16 in Origin II. Before the game, Queensland bombarded the media with views on how Archer should adjudicate the game.

"I've never seen Queensland work on a referee so consistently all week than they did with Archer,'' former NSW prop and assistant manager Steve Roach said.

"They hit him from all angles. It was the best job I've ever seen on a referee. They were just giving it to him. It was constant badgering. Archer went along with it. They talked him into what they wanted.

"There were two penalties by halftime in Origin I and 10 by halftime in Origin II. It was Gomersall-esque

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23855483-5006066,00.html

Game 3 is on for everyone my friend.

If the Queenslanders win- then they woulld've done it fair and square.

That being said, I expect NSW to get the majority of the ref's decisions having the home ground advantage, and to even up game 2. ;)

el-capitano;220906 said:
Game 3 is on for everyone my friend.

If the Queenslanders win- then they woulld've done it fair and square.

That being said, I expect NSW to get the majority of the ref's decisions having the home ground advantage, and to even up game 2. ;)

surely that is .... cheating? :confused:

australians are fair sportsman, the fans on constant winggers

Cheating is one word- gamesmanship is another. Its very typical of most sports to pressure the umpires/refs into doing what you want. Ie: opposition soccer coaches saying we play rugby on the soccer field, or Pim saying that the Iraqis dive.

The Queenslanders pulled out all the stops before game 2 to pressure the ref, it worked, I'm sure that it will turn again!

The ref has to cop it for everything- otherwise a sports fan has no-one to blame! :D

First of all: the Iraqis do dive - it seems to be in their culture, much like us playing the "rugby" style game on the soccer field.

Referees aren't that stupid. Especially here in Australia. They don't pay attention to what coaches, players, fans and the media say. It's not hard to avoid it all actually.

You sure? I could pull out the stats of 6 penalties in total during game 1, 16 during game 2- which is unheard of during Origin- as compared to a normal NRL game.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. ;)

maybe i'm speaking like a true professional umpire, i don't know. But criticism is like water off a ducks back to me.

To criticise a referee and constantly talk him up is taking the problems away from your own side or own performance. An umpire is never going to lose a game for one side or win a game for the other side.

NSW were just ordinary in game 2, QLD were ordinary in game 1.

dont mind NRL i go for the storm i went to a game when i was younger i didn't understand it so evertime some one cheered i would as well lol everyone laughed at me and i didnt know why

pup_gun;222429 said:
titans or storm
I must ask why Titans, is there a personal connection or do you just go for them. I go for Storm cause I like to support League in Melbourne and Parramatta cause I used to live there. However if Melbourne played Parra in the grand final, I'd definetley be going for the Storm.

Back