Off Spinning Variations - Any Variation

Yes I have seen the paddock before in a few videos off yours! I can remember watching the 'off-spinning' flipper!
I still bring that one out every now and then, I got one of my biggest scalps with that ball, a South African semi pro player who was listed on cricinfo, he played for the leg-break and it came back in - nice!

I still bring that one out every now and then, I got one of my biggest scalps with that ball, a South African semi pro player who was listed on cricinfo, he played for the leg-break and it came back in - nice!

Very hard to deliver that bowl over a full length pitch! Very impressed

Very hard to deliver that bowl over a full length pitch! Very impressed
Yeah it doesn't always turn, but it'll do something different to the leg break, so it's still worth a punt and is a variation irrespective of whether it turns or not. Good batsmen that played at my old club used to say that it was useless watching the ball out of my had because I had so many variations! I've pruned a lot of them since and hardly bowl any of them now.

I think I've bowled something very similar to this.. didn't quite land it properly though.

Nathan Lyon, master of disguise!

groucho_glasses1.jpg

(to the best of my knowledge, that ball didn't make an appearance in the Tests v India this summer)

I didn't see that Nathan Lyons Carrom ball that's just been quoted until now, but that ball is Jeff and not the carrom ball. Just saying.

Yeah I like Jeff. It's basically an arm ball but with the seam angled to leg-slip like an off-spinner.

edit: the first Ashwin delivery there is either carrom ball gone wrong, or its Jeff (or whatever Ashwin calls it instead).

Last edited:
What
I didn't see that Nathan Lyons Carrom ball that's just been quoted until now, but that ball is Jeff and not the carrom ball. Just saying.

What is the difference between the Jeff ball and the carrom bowl? When I'm Practising my "carrom bowl" I have an action which has a slight wrist turn and more backspin and then I have one that I'm working with right now that I really try to turn with my fingers and not wrist.. Is that the difference?

Back