Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

They originally "merged" with Yarrambat and now call themselves LaurimarPV or something similar. Good on them for doing so as they have now got hold of a flourishing area that will serve them well for the future. They're doing the best thing for their club. Not sure if clubs like Mernda or Plenty (2 closest clubs to laurimar) had the same train of thought to get themselves involved in the area, if they didn't, they probably should have.

Haven't been involved at club level for a few seasons so unsure of their current arrangement. What I do know is that the senior side in our comp has basically been their 5th 11 so can not see anything changing in relation to them being competeitive. Personally don't think they should be a senior club in our comp.

The only positive of them having their own juniors is that they may now cease trying to entice other clubs better junior players when they represent them in rep sides.... doubt it though.

Thanks for that. Interesting. If that is really their 5ths in Mash, they will be horrible.

As far as juniors go, they are the only club in the area that can offer turf cricket. So I can see why some juniors who have turf cricket aspirations would play there.

Just noticed that we have a Money Shield game scheduled for Australia Day in the fixture, on a Thursday. Round 9 Bundoora Utd vs Monty at Loyola, not sure how popular that's going to be with our guys. Not even sure about the reasoning for this.

Just noticed that we have a Money Shield game scheduled for Australia Day in the fixture, on a Thursday. Round 9 Bundoora Utd vs Monty at Loyola, not sure how popular that's going to be with our guys. Not even sure about the reasoning for this.

I'd almost certain you (the club) would've requested it. Should be commended for at least having a crack at something different. Reckon there's every chance you'll get a fair crowd to come and have a look. These are the types of things that will keep local cricket relevant I reckon, thinking outside the square

I'd almost certain you (the club) would've requested it. Should be commended for at least having a crack at something different. Reckon there's every chance you'll get a fair crowd to come and have a look. These are the types of things that will keep local cricket relevant I reckon, thinking outside the square

Yeh maybe, I don't think it's been mentioned at training, well not that I'd heard. I spose it doesn't hurt to try.

Fantastic idea. I tried pushing ECC to think outside the box and do something similar last year, but couldn't get it up and going.

They'll get a big crowd, make some good money and put on a show. Great work by both clubs to get involved.

seems like a good idea, has it been extended to any other grades? does this mean the official end of the comp game?

Warwick Todd - You may have deleted your comment. But it was seen before you did. I quote:

"I remember Monty playing a match on Australia Day over 20 years ago. It was a compulsory practice match amongst ourselves."

And yet you constantly have denied that you're from there... Whys that? Embarrassed?

seems like a good idea, has it been extended to any other grades? does this mean the official end of the comp game?

I always really enjoyed the comp games. It was great seeing the best of the best playing in the one side. But over the last 5+ years, the better players have been reluctant to play, and the side's became weaker with lesser standard players playing and not as enjoyable to watch. Which is a shame, but there's no real incentive to play in them anymore.

Fantastic idea. I tried pushing ECC to think outside the box and do something similar last year, but couldn't get it up and going.

They'll get a big crowd, make some good money and put on a show. Great work by both clubs to get involved.

It was a BU initiative and we are hoping for a massive day at the club. Could be an option for us to really throw the doors open to past players, sponsors and supporters to get a big crowd in. Used Mont as the best case scenario as geographically makes sense.

Certainly was a BU initiative. Trying something different to show the game to more people, hoping for a big crowd, families and juniors, as well as other grades will be able to see the 1's play. And with a fantastic relationship from a social sense with Mont, they should also have plenty of support.

Should be a great chance for the club to pull some coin in and with have asked that it be a stand alone game for us to continue on with in the future.

Last edited:
3 weeks out from the start of the season and still only have fixtures for about 3 or 4 grades. What the hell is going on with the fixture manager? Are they actually doing anything?

It was a BU initiative and we are hoping for a massive day at the club. Could be an option for us to really throw the doors open to past players, sponsors and supporters to get a big crowd in. Used Mont as the best case scenario as geographically makes sense.

Certainly was a BU initiative. Trying something different to show the game to more people, hoping for a big crowd, families and juniors, as well as other grades will be able to see the 1's play. And with a fantastic relationship from a social sense with Mont, they should also have plenty of support.

Should be a great chance for the club to pull some coin in and with have asked that it be a stand alone game for us to continue on with in the future.

Would hope the comp let this be a stand alone for the forseeable future, no doubt other clubs will try to cash in on the iniative. Good to see the comp support the proposal, would've been easy to find a reason why it couldn't/shouldn't happen

Would hope the comp let this be a stand alone for the forseeable future, no doubt other clubs will try to cash in on the iniative. Good to see the comp support the proposal, would've been easy to find a reason why it couldn't/shouldn't happen

Depends who was 'influencing' or 'consulting' for them on decisions made at the time, as to what reasons could have been used.

Depends who was 'influencing' or 'consulting' for them on decisions made at the time, as to what reasons could have been used.

It's quite simple, playing a different day to the other sides in the comp, It was used before when a proposal was put fwd to move a saturday game to a sunday.

As to "influencing" or "consulting" I have been steadfast since day dot that i don't agree with what transpired from the initial investigation to the penalty. I'm not across all the ins & outs of what eveidence was presented but IMO any penalty should have been directed to the other club not yours.
However, like all things in life, if you don't do the wrong thing then who "infuences" or "consults" is irrelevant...........

They originally "merged" with Yarrambat and now call themselves LaurimarPV or something similar. Good on them for doing so as they have now got hold of a flourishing area that will serve them well for the future. They're doing the best thing for their club. Not sure if clubs like Mernda or Plenty (2 closest clubs to laurimar) had the same train of thought to get themselves involved in the area, if they didn't, they probably should have.

Haven't been involved at club level for a few seasons so unsure of their current arrangement. What I do know is that the senior side in our comp has basically been their 5th 11 so can not see anything changing in relation to them being competeitive. Personally don't think they should be a senior club in our comp.

The only positive of them having their own juniors is that they may now cease trying to entice other clubs better junior players when they represent them in rep sides.... doubt it though.
I think you will find the "old paradians" (not to be confused with the new paradian's/st Francis) basically have overtaken the old Yarramabat club.

Their motivation is not what everyone thinks it is. Their soul motivation is plain and simple to position themselves in the growth corridor of the North to simply gain access to premier Cricket. Yarrambat Park was the piece of the puzzle they wanted and now they have that don't be surprised to see plenty valley divorce themselves from the DVCA and see the left overs (senior and juniors) forced to establish their own club out of Laurimer, with little or no support from the Plenty Valley district / sub district faction....

to be honest I highly doubt it is going to be as big of occasion as what you'd hope it to be. You will get your own and some Mont but if you are hoping to emulate the success of good Friday footy I think you're dreaming.

Good Friday footy works because there is nothing else to do. Australia Day is in the dead middle of Summer and people have a million options

I think you will find the "old paradians" (not to be confused with the new paradian's/st Francis) basically have overtaken the old Yarramabat club.

Their motivation is not what everyone thinks it is. Their soul motivation is plain and simple to position themselves in the growth corridor of the North to simply gain access to premier Cricket. Yarrambat Park was the piece of the puzzle they wanted and now they have that don't be surprised to see plenty valley divorce themselves from the DVCA and see the left overs (senior and juniors) forced to establish their own club out of Laurimer, with little or no support from the Plenty Valley district / sub district faction....

Fairly accurate in general, but IF there is to be a split down the path, it will more than likely be a mutual call.

Well that will interesting if it travels down that path. I was told by an individual on the executive that the reason for the promotion of whatever this club is called was based on a promise that it wouldn't be Plenty Valleys 5th eleven. It was to used as their 3rd eleven. As to how this was going to work with promoting players from DVCA Mash Shield into Subby 2's, the mind boggles. Now apparently Plenty Valley promised this to be the scenario in their presentation to be the 28th club and be part of of the new Mash Shield. If true it's a dogs breakfast of an idea if you ask me, but that's what I was told.

Well that will interesting if it travels down that path. I was told by an individual on the executive that the reason for the promotion of whatever this club is called was based on a promise that it wouldn't be Plenty Valleys 5th eleven. It was to used as their 3rd eleven. As to how this was going to work with promoting players from DVCA Mash Shield into Subby 2's, the mind boggles. Now apparently Plenty Valley promised this to be the scenario in their presentation to be the 28th club and be part of of the new Mash Shield. If true it's a dogs breakfast of an idea if you ask me, but that's what I was told.

It's simply inconceivable that the PV coaches/selectors will go along with the idea of preparing their future 2nds/1sts players by playing them in DV 3rd grade.
If the Executive believed that, I've got a bridge I want to sell.

Back