Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Disappointing isnt the word AB, Competitive i would say. you ask people that play against them and what they think of them. I've got mates down at HCC - They are great blokes to be around, great rooms and always friendly. Pretty sure none of them get paid to play compared to other club's in the comp so to finish so if they get a decent batter next season they could be anything
I reckon paying $20k to a coach would be called paying a player. Unfortunately hasn't delivered at any DVCA club that he has been to so far. Not sure the value in paying a 48 yo that sort of coin. It baffles me actually.

Disappointing isnt the word AB, Competitive i would say. you ask people that play against them and what they think of them. I've got mates down at HCC - They are great blokes to be around, great rooms and always friendly. Pretty sure none of them get paid to play compared to other club's in the comp so to finish so if they get a decent batter next season they could be anything
No, disappointing is the word I was looking for. They lost to Rosanna by 1 run in a GF the year before coming across, being "competitive" was a given. They lost their best player before coming over and their team looks pretty young but I still think they have under achieved. I'm not knocking them as a club by any means, just making the point that no finals appearances since coming across would have been below internal expectations let alone what I think.

I reckon paying $20k to a coach would be called paying a player. Unfortunately hasn't delivered at any DVCA club that he has been to so far. Not sure the value in paying a 48 yo that sort of coin. It baffles me actually.
No idea if that figure is correct, remember they're not just paying him to play he is coaching the club as well. I've heard only good things about his coaching and his record speaks for itself. Obviously no finals at Hberg but if he is staying on that could change. Played 1 year at research didn't he? Unfortunately has only been able to deliver at a national, state and district level thus far

No, disappointing is the word I was looking for. They lost to Rosanna by 1 run in a GF the year before coming across, being "competitive" was a given. They lost their best player before coming over and their team looks pretty young but I still think they have under achieved. I'm not knocking them as a club by any means, just making the point that no finals appearances since coming across would have been below internal expectations let alone what I think.

No idea if that figure is correct, remember they're not just paying him to play he is coaching the club as well. I've heard only good things about his coaching and his record speaks for itself. Obviously no finals at Hberg but if he is staying on that could change. Played 1 year at research didn't he? Unfortunately has only been able to deliver at a national, state and district level thus far
Regardless of his record at higher levels of cricket, his record at local level is average at best. Hiedleberg are paying him to perform for them. They couldn't careless what he did 15 years ago.

Regardless of his record at higher levels of cricket, his record at local level is average at best. Hiedleberg are paying him to perform for them. They couldn't careless what he did 15 years ago.
Heidelberg are also paying him to coach. He has taken over 20 wickets in each of his 3 seasons in the DV and as you say he is 48. There are a lot of bowlers going around that would be happy with 20 wickets, average at best seems a bit exaggerated. What's the matter did he get you out or something?

Heidelberg are also paying him to coach. He has taken over 20 wickets in each of his 3 seasons in the DV and as you say he is 48. There are a lot of bowlers going around that would be happy with 20 wickets, average at best seems a bit exaggerated. What's the matter did he get you out or something?
Averaging 2 wickets a game. I would suggest that's average at best. Don't get me wrong I think he is a fantastic bloke and its terrific he is giving back to local cricket. Just don't think he has delivered value for money.(coaching wise can't back that up as not knowing what he does during week). Purely playing wise is my point.

Played 1 season for us and didn't cost us a cent. Took 28 wickets and came second in comp medal. I think he was good for us and in hindsight we should of done more to keep him instead of pandering to a couple of blokes who are no longer there who decided he wasn't their cup of tea and threatened to move on. History shows us they moved anyway.

Averaging 2 wickets a game. I would suggest that's average at best. Don't get me wrong I think he is a fantastic bloke and its terrific he is giving back to local cricket. Just don't think he has delivered value for money.(coaching wise can't back that up as not knowing what he does during week). Purely playing wise is my point.
One of the berg boys told me he was the best coach he'd ever had so sounds like he is delivering on that front, I think the problem is the other 10 blokes rather than the cockroach!

Played 1 season for us and didn't cost us a cent. Took 28 wickets and came second in comp medal. I think he was good for us and in hindsight we should of done more to keep him instead of pandering to a couple of blokes who are no longer there who decided he wasn't their cup of tea and threatened to move on. History shows us they moved anyway.
Hey brutal what ever happened to T.Gilmore? he wouldn't be one of the blokes you're talking about would he ?

Another dig, Brutal?

Hey brutal what ever happened to T.Gilmore? he wouldn't be one of the blokes you're talking about would he ?
Tom left a few years ago and got a clearance to Plenty. Don't think he played a game and I saw that he was cleared to Riverside at the start of this season. I think he's living in Newcastle at the moment.

Another Dig at long serving players of the club by sounds of it Tongs. No wonder blokes move on to greener pastures.

It's pathetic. It really is.
You never ever burn your bridges. Look at Riverside. Gibbsy left to come to Eltham. Not a bad word was spoken by anyone down there. In fact most wished him well.

Now, after a couple of years at ECC, he's now playing in a GF back at Riverside.

I doubt many Research boys would want to go back after being slagged off.

It's pathetic. It really is.
You never ever burn your bridges. Look at Riverside. Gibbsy left to come to Eltham. Not a bad word was spoken by anyone down there. In fact most wished him well.

Now, after a couple of years at ECC, he's now playing in a GF back at Riverside.

I doubt many Research boys would want to go back after being slagged off.
Yes. Gibbsy is a great and honourable fella:thumbsu:

No. You probably tell your mates all the lovely things they want to hear, how perfect they are and how they are always right. What a good mate:thumbsu:

Its not about that at all, you've totally missed the point. If you have issues with how things are handled, by all means let him know about it. I don't get why you have to continually take sniping little remarks at him on social media. That's the pathetic part.

And don't back track on Gibbsy, I saw your other post that you were actually quite complimentary of him and the handling of him moving to and from Eltham, then deleted it.

Whilst on gibbsy, for me one of the most annoying cricketers to play against for no other reason than his stupid cricket chat , but after our two games this year he really is a ripper fella, since our semi loss he's gone out of his way to ring a a NEW player, is now setting up meetings and personally taking him through his own connections to further his cricket . Really is a good fella gibbsy

Back