Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Word on the grapevine is that a moderator of DVCA Big Cricket is coaching in the ECA for big $$$$$$$$$.

http://burwoodbulls.org.au/2016/

You don't miss a beat, do you Warwick.

I swear some clubs don't do due diligence when recruiting paid captains and coaches.

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Maybe he promised to bring Skip across.

I wish! He would slot in reasonably well, I'd imagine.

That's a shame, was hoping he'd come to BU so I could annoy him in person and not just on the forums.

I think what got me across the line was using some of your theories and philosophies on coaching. There's a spot for you in our 5ths anytime you'd like to come. BU have already signed 10 clearance forms.

I think what got me across the line was using some of your theories and philosophies on coaching. There's a spot for you in our 5ths anytime you'd like to come. BU have already signed 10 clearance forms.

LOL, what only 10? You should have held out for some $$$, I'm sure the committee will pay a club to take me.

It's always extra bowlers, hardly ever extra batsman. In 10 years time, teams will be made up of 8 bowlers with 3 batsman expected to chase 60 every week.

It's always extra bowlers, hardly ever extra batsman. In 10 years time, teams will be made up of 8 bowlers with 3 batsman expected to chase 60 every week.
Fair point. In our case it was obvious we lacked bowling depth and need to rectify. Also have a new wide pitch going in as well with new surface which I think will help as well.

Fair point. In our case it was obvious we lacked bowling depth and need to rectify. Also have a new wide pitch going in as well with new surface which I think will help as well.

Probably a good thing to get some bowlers if the depth was lacking, especially with a new deck going in. Those are much easier to bat on, so you won't get away with some average change bowlers as often as bowling on the trampoline decks.

Probably a good thing to get some bowlers if the depth was lacking, especially with a new deck going in. Those are much easier to bat on, so you won't get away with some average change bowlers as often as bowling on the trampoline decks.
I think a wider strip will help because with the narrow one we tended to bowl too straight and stray.

Good luck mate, good on you for having a crack!

Thanks mate, appreciate it. They were interested in either a playing or non playing coach, and its an opportunity that doesn't come up too often, so I threw my hat in the ring. They're a really well run club that have a very very young list, with huge senior numbers (5 senior & 2 One day teams). An exciting opportunity for myself and the club.

Anyone looking for a game, feel free to get in contact! ;)

I think a wider strip will help because with the narrow one we tended to bowl too straight and stray.

You have to attack the stumps with the new pitches, if you bowl wide you'll get smashed all over the park.
Anyone looking for a game, feel free to get in contact! ;)

I'll need something a little higher than a 5th XI spot. I can play lower grades at any old club!

Been a couple of rumours over the past month or two. Had an Eltham person adamant that they'd signed a bat/bowler for 15k, but considering this persons track record and a chat to the mentioned player, I dismissed that one pretty quick.

Looks like there were some lies in that conversation. You can say bye bye to that bat/bowler.

Back