Should KUMBLE retire after AUTRALIA series

Is this the best time for Kumble to announce retirment?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

amuzammi

Should KUMBLE retire after AUTRALIA series

Well if any of you have seen the yesterday's bowling by KUMBLE then you will witness that all the batsmen played him with great ease and scored runs from his end. He was not as lethal as he could be in the past, this trend has started in the last series in Srilanka, where he only managed to get wickets of tailenders in the second test.

In my opinion he should take his own step and announce his retirment after this austrlian series, and it will enhance his reputation in the eyes of fans. I cal easily suspect if he keep on lingering this matter then selectors may be forced to ignore him at the cost of MISHRA or PIUESH who are coming up with the reputation of front line spinners in their respective teams.

I dont know if Kumble is trying to compete with Murali or Shane Warne or has any plans to reach or equalise Shane's wickets, it is cleat that he cant even stand by Murali, because Murali has atleast another complete 2 years in his pocket to play international cricket or even more because of his fitness and variation according to the players and conditions.

I humbly request to KUMBLE to announce his retirment so that his fans like me can not be hurted by selectors in next series.

regards

Aamir:)

Re: Should KUMBLE retire after AUTRALIA series

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;271142 said:
Sad thing is he properly does, what else do Indians have to do? they don't drink:rolleyes:

I think your mistaking the Islamic tradition for India.

Tonnage;271228 said:
I think your mistaking the Islamic tradition for India.
Well its matter of Ethics not any sort of tradition, dont bring religion into play.

Kumble has hinted that he this last series test series against Australia but not his.
SO let's wait and see.
In the current test match in Bangalore the aussie batsmen were playing against him more with a straight bat and trying to avoid bringing in the front foot forward maybe to avoid the LBW chances adding to his anger.

amuzammi;271241 said:
Well its matter of Ethics not any sort of tradition, dont bring religion into play.

I'm not you said that Indians don't drink, All I'm saying is that you are generalising, and the only generalisation possible would be the Koran forbidding drinking, although how you got that would be interesting to know because the major religion in India is Hinduism which has no such restriction, hence no ethical restriction. Secondly unless I'm missing a whole lot of sarcasm, you are the one generalising
SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;271142 said:
Sad thing is he properly does, what else do Indians have to do? they don't drink:rolleyes:
------
Anyway back on topic I think Kumble should retire if India win or draw, because it will be a victory for India against Australia, who many in India perceived as having cheated (not suggesting anything :)) in the last test series between the two countries.

If they lose well he should still retire although a whole lot more quietly :p

Gentleman, if we can leave regligion out of this, it would be much appreciated.

The poll/thread is about whether or not Kumble should retire after the current series, not about the recreational habits of a country; so please stay on topic.

As for the op, well, lets give him a few more innings, one bad session/match doesn't mean that a player has had it.

from what i've seen of kumble bowling in the last 2 series he doesn't seem to be anywhere near the bowler he used to be. If australia win the series he should definitely retire, if india win the series it might just be enough to prolong his career a few more games

I think he should go within the next six months. Anil is 38 next week and doesn't seem to be the bowler he once was. It's probably time for India to blood a new spinner in the side to support Harbhajan. Piyush Chawla would be the obvious choice, he was very good in the tour game against Australia.

mas cambios;271399 said:

The poll/thread is about whether or not Kumble should retire after the current series, not about the recreational habits of a country; so please stay on topic.

As for the op, well, lets give him a few more innings, one bad session/match doesn't mean that a player has had it.
i totally agree with you, i dont know why some guys went off track to involve religion into the topic, i request please remain with the topic to benefit each others vision.

Look at the figures of KUMBLE in last test, he did not get a single wicket, and the run / over was also high, so i think he should announce like GANGULY that this is his last series, and retire with great RESPECT, unless selectors drop him, and it will be pain full for his fans like me.:eek:

You have to ask how much his shoulder injury hampered him though - if he was 100% fit, would he have taken wickets?

mas cambios;272151 said:
You have to ask how much his shoulder injury hampered him though - if he was 100% fit, would he have taken wickets?

But is the injury due to the fact he's getting old and worn down.

Maybe it is time for stumps? ;)

el-capitano;272273 said:
But is the injury due to the fact he's getting old and worn down.

Maybe it is time for stumps? ;)

Is a fair point but then again injury can affect us all, regardless of age. :)

mas cambios;272151 said:

mas cambios;271399 said:

Sorry about going off topic.

Yeah he probably would have taken more wickets. Looking back on his career he had a long and successful one, where he adapted to whatever a batsmen could throw at him. There is no reason to doubt that he could of handled this one.

However I agree with the thread he should most definitely retire, as said before he has had a long successful career. I think the time has come for him to go yet it is still sad to see players bow out with injuries.

Being out of this Mohali test due to shoulder injury and with the leg spinner Amit Mishra taking 5 wickets on his debut and that too against Australia will certainly keep the Media working overtime and lots of questions will be raised and kumble might 'now' feel it.

Virendersingh.berthwal;273235 said:
Being out of this Mohali test due to shoulder injury and with the leg spinner Amit Mishra taking 5 wickets on his debut and that too against Australia will certainly keep the Media working overtime and lots of questions will be raised and kumble might 'now' feel it.
Great point there VB. There are a few of the older guys in your team that need to seriously look at their own position in the team. They are all awesome players, but sadly they aren't going to be around forever.

The emergence of Mishra probably makes it easier for him to go as well, as he may well feel that a replacement has been found.

Back