Sock Cricket

Re: Sock Cricket

i think that both ways are good and work different things. the bats are good for feeling weight without width but the golf ball works on speed of reaction, in my mind both have a place in training

Thank you KiHack, the point I thought I had made quite well!

The question asked, why use the stump? I know procricketcoaching is pushing 'Play in the V' very heavily but I did not mention it and I quote:

Liz Ward said:
...In fact, if it is used the Bradman way, with a golf ball against a 'wall', the weight of a normal bat, at the speed required would cause stresses on too many areas of the anatomy to mention, hence Bradman's/Virender's stump.

I see no reference to 'feeding mini tennis balls'; I was merely answering Dikon's question.

However, I am amused by procricketcoaching's suggestion that I may not know what I am talking about with respect to stresses on the anatomy :laugh:

I agree Liz; I saw a documentary on Sir Don long back and was amazed with his golf and stump practice and picked the idea from it and since then i have been practicing with it at home especially during off season.
Secondly; as mentioned by Dikon I never had any issue because of golf and Stump practice even when batting in nets or in matches with my normal bat.
In fact helped a lot in hand-eye coordination.
About the "Play in V" kit; looks interesting; if you have any Dealer's contact details in mumbai.
Pls do forward; I will look into it :)

Darren; would like to have your opinion about the same :)

That looks very similar to the 'eye-in' you can get in Aus Viru. its basically just a thin bat which comes with a cricket ball and golf ball attached to a piece of string. its really just a more advanced version of the sock cricket idea

nice work! you made good use of that bat. whats the width of the bat now?

i practice sock cricket with a regular bat but i like the idea of using a stump or a special narrow width bat like the play in the V

deer said:
nice work! you made good use of that bat. whats the width of the bat now?

i practice sock cricket with a regular bat but i like the idea of using a stump or a special narrow width bat like the play in the V
Sorry to miss out this post.The width of the Bat is 3 Inches.
I have a stump and golf ball in sock to practice at home.
It helps a lot for concentration :)

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Sorry to miss out this post.The width of the Bat is 3 Inches.
I have a stump and golf ball in sock to practice at home.
It helps a lot for concentration :)

Nice work with the bat.Doesn't using the lighter bat feel different when using your actual match bat?

No difference at all.
The lighter bat/stump is used in house for knocking practice only.
During the net session;I use my Match bat only.
So there is no difference at all :)

the eye in has helped me alot with my batting...

helps me with my footwork and helps me watch the ball big time...

I got one for christmas and have used it almost everyday, but havent had the chance to see if my timing has improved in game :(

i use the sock cricket works a treat
but dusnt beat the nets or expirience of the actual game
going to a golf driving range and slogging a few helps me to time my big shots

hmmm thats a bit of a tough one.... if you r meaning inside your house... something that i do on wet days etc. is to mark a spot on the floor and go through the footwork for a range of shots... i continue to do this about 10-15 times each shot...

if you have a garage or something you could set up sock cricket in there and just practice getting on the front foot.... (not hitting the ball to hard ofcourse ;))

yeah the problem is in my garage its as cold as it is outside so it will be hard practicing in weather -5 and lower lol :D

Back