Sock Cricket

Re: Sock Cricket

I set up a sock cricket rig in my house during the weekend as I didn't fancy the rain ::)

I put it up in the hallway with 2 sport socks round the ball (so as not to damage walls/people etc :D). Felt great for trying to hit straight - as sideways wasn't an option. I'm hoping it will pay off when nets start in a few weeks.

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Can u post a video or photo as well.
I'll try (won't be in my home house until at least next weekend), it's a straightforward enough setup though - The entrance to our attic at home is in the ceiling of the hall. I just tied the string to a nail on one of the rafters so it was hanging down into the hall. Hall is about 1 metre wide - so no temptation for cross batted shots :laugh:

Hi guys,

Just a quick question arising from reading the posts up till now - which out of Play-in-the-V and Eye-In would people recommend? I'm thinking of acquiring one of these two items, but not sure which.

Cheers.

kamikenshin said:
Hi guys,

Just a quick question arising from reading the posts up till now - which out of Play-in-the-V and Eye-In would people recommend? I'm thinking of acquiring one of these two items, but not sure which.

Cheers.

Hi kamikenshin, depends what you are after working on.

Most guys interested in this type of product are interested in improving hand/eye coordination. If this is the case then I would recommend the Eye In.

However, if you are interested in improving batting technique, then perhaps the weight of the V may be an advantage.

If you wanted to improve in both then perhaps I would still go for the Eye In, you could weight the bat for technique practise ;)

Bearing in mind that Liz has given you the options, I would just add that in terms of value for money the eye-in is your friend. You can use it not only to help improve co-ordination but as Liz said by weighting it you'll get the same effect as the play-in-v bat.

Another option might be to get a but down cricket bat? Most places can offer from £12 -£20 and you get a proper bat except for the shoulders cut off. May be a little more robust and can be used with normal cricket balls if needed.

Readers manufacture a practice bat roughly the width of a cricket ball, it's basically a slightly nicer version of the bat that comes with the eye-in. It's also suitable for nets :D

Hi Everybody,

Cricketing season has ended;so I will continue practice on Weekends with my own custom made "Eye-In" Bat.
Check out the Photo alongwith the Tennis Bat & Tennis Ball.

Back