2nd 20/20	GABBA		Jan 13 d/n

5 ODI Series
1st ODI		MCG		Jan 16 d/n
2nd ODI		Bellerive Oval	Jan 18
3rd ODI		SCG		Jan 23 d/n
4th ODI		Adelaide Oval	Jan 26 d/n
5th ODI		WACA		Jan 30 d/n
South African Squad
G.Smith (c), H.Amla, AB de Villiers, P.Harris, N.McKenzie, M.Ntini, D.Steyn, M.Zondeki, A.Prince (vc), M.Boucher (wk), J.P.Duminy, J.Kallis, M.Morkel, R.Peterson, L.Tsotsobe

Re: South Africa in Australia

tristo;288858 said:
Code:
3 Test Series
1st Test	WACCA		Dec 17 - Dec 21
2nd Test	MCG		Dec 26 - Dec 30
3rd Test	SCG		Jan 3 - Jan 7

2 20/20 Series
1st 20/20	MCG		Jan 11 d/n
2nd 20/20	GABBA		Jan 13 d/n

5 ODI Series
1st ODI		MCG		Jan 16 d/n
2nd ODI		Bellerive Oval	Jan 18
3rd ODI		SCG		Jan 23 d/n
4th ODI		Adelaide Oval	Jan 26 d/n
5th ODI		WACA		Jan 30 d/n
South African Squad
G.Smith (c), H.Amla, AB de Villiers, P.Harris, N.McKenzie, M.Ntini, D.Steyn, M.Zondeki, A.Prince (vc), M.Boucher (wk), J.P.Duminy, J.Kallis, M.Morkel, R.Peterson, L.Tsotsobe

i reckon the protea's will really push the aussie's.
maybe not so much in tests, but in the odi's definatley.

Badger;288882 said:
i reckon the protea's will really push the aussie's.
maybe not so much in tests, but in the odi's definatley.

Im leaning the other way, i think the test series will be really close, Australia is not quite at its best at the moment.

I would expect the one day series to favour Australia, maybe 3-2 or 4-1 but only after Australia go 3-0 up.

tristo;288888 said:
Im leaning the other way, i think the test series will be really close, Australia is not quite at its best at the moment.

I would expect the one day series to favour Australia, maybe 3-2 or 4-1 but only after Australia go 3-0 up.

south africa have always been a bit of a bogey team for australia, and with australia not quite at it's best.... might the protea's can take advantage?

Really looking forward to the WACA Test, might even head up to Perth for it. Should be a close and hard fought series this.

2 - 1 South Africa's way. I just think that it will be like us against India. We have got a young team with half of our players new to the team.

First things first, the Tests. Hopefully for the sake of competition the Proteas really push the Aussies. However, while their form, no doubt, has been awesome lately, we have seen them in the past at this type of level, they can really be near unbeatable against most teams (especially at home), but when it comes to playing Australia, they crumble.:eek:
Since their return from exile from the world, they are yet to beat us in a single series. In past series against Australia, it was a promising start, they even led a series in the very 1st one they played against Australia (which happened to be in Australia as well, a year after we lost against the Windies, since then we have not lost a series at home). A bit afterwards, well, stats say no.
Cricinfo - Records - Australia v South Africa - Test matches - Series results
Anyway, apart from a world class spinner, they have a really good looking, all-round lineup. Their new ball duo, led by Dale Steyn, ably backed up by Makhaya Ntini, is as good as any in the world.

According to the WA curator, we can expect a pitch similar to that of the twenty/20 last year in perth

Wouldnt be suprised if we went for all out pace attack then

Kram81;288917 said:
Really looking forward to the WACA Test, might even head up to Perth for it. Should be a close and hard fought series this.

Heading to the WACA day one, hopefully the Aussies bat first and will be able to see if Steyn is really any good or all talk.

Biggie;289401 said:
AWesome, cant wait for this series.

Will be tough 5 day test cricket at its best.
I'm not sure if I'm that excited by it or not.

With all pace attacks from each team we're only going to get 70 overs in each day!:D

postmanpav;289637 said:
Heading to the WACA day one, hopefully the Aussies bat first and will be able to see if Steyn is really any good or all talk.

Is it going to be the traditional WACA pitch? I heard on the radio that it won't be. I hope its not true.

Diamonds;289739 said:
Is it going to be the traditional WACA pitch? I heard on the radio that it won't be. I hope its not true.

From what i've heard it should be a traditional pitch.

postmanpav;289742 said:
From what i've heard it should be a traditional pitch.

Great news.

Have a great time at the cricket, wouldn't mind going to the MCG when the South Africans visit.

Back