South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

Exactly. :D

Apparently Krejza is almost a sure thing, so it'll be between him and Watson. I think Watson might have the edge... we'll see though.

Bad luck for Clark. I hope it's not serious.

Annoying that Siddle got the call-up, i was looking forward to seeing him bowl tomorrow. :eek:

That is bad news for Clark, hope he gets back into the team, he isnt far from 100 test wickets!

Good news for Siddle though, looks like there will be a Victorian playing in the boxing day test!

Tour match ended in a draw.

Western Australia vs South Africans at WACA Ground, Perth

South Africans 1st Innings 8dec/320

Western Australia a.o. 280

Michael Johnston 83
Aaron Heal 68
Theo Doropoulos 32

Paul Harris 4/94
Dale Steyn 2/33
Lonwabo Tsotsobe 2/62

Morne Morkel bowled 11 overs in the WA innings, he should be right for the first test starting on Wednesday. AB de Villiers kept wicket in the WA innings.

Jolldo87;293491 said:
Bad luck for Clark. I hope it's not serious.

Annoying that Siddle got the call-up, i was looking forward to seeing him bowl tomorrow. :eek:
Seems we didnt need him :D

I reckon he might be carrying the drinks though, but hopefully after Watson gets carted he gets back in for Melbourne

Really? Wow, I didn't know... I wonder why I didn't. Hmmm, ahh well. He ready for the first test, or is de Villiers keeping for the game too?

Australian XI for 1st Test.

R.Ponting (c)
M.Clarke (vc)
M.Hayden
S.Katich
M.Hussey
A.Symonds
B.Haddin (wk)
B.Lee
M.Johnson
J.Krejza
P.Siddle
S.Watson (12th man)

Happy with that team, the final spot would of come down to Krejza and Watson.

I am waiting for this contest .... I hope My favourite Australian team wins this series.

tristo;294409 said:
Australian XI for 1st Test.

R.Ponting (c)
M.Clarke (vc)
M.Hayden
S.Katich
M.Hussey
A.Symonds
B.Haddin (wk)
B.Lee
M.Johnson
J.Krejza
P.Siddle
S.Watson (12th man)

Happy with that team, the final spot would of come down to Krejza and Watson.

Looks good, I'm happy with that. If Symonds can bat a little better thats a fine team. Ponting will have a good series, I can feel it. He has his problems but he'll show why he's a great and bat well through it. Clarke is in fine form and I see that continuing. Johnson will star with the ball, as will Lee if he can get into a good routine. Looking forward to it.

Prince is out after getting hit on the finger in the nets yesterday. JP Duminy makes his test debut.

here we go.

Prince out of South African team, hit at training yesterday!

Duminy to make his test debut.

Australia: RT Ponting, MJ Clarke, BJ Haddin, ML Hayden, MEK Hussey, MG Johnson, SM Katich, JJ Krejza, B Lee, PM Siddle, A Symonds

South Africa: GC Smith, HM Amla, MV Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, PL Harris, JH Kallis, ND McKenzie, M Morkel, M Ntini, DW Steyn

Come on lets fire up boys. Haydos is due for a big innings, I wonder if Bill will call him "this huge man" today :D

Back