South East Cricket Association (seca) 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on uncle. Last time I checked there were no sheep stations involved in SECA cricket!! As for predictions pretty close to the mark, I think ch will get to see where there at This week playing the billionaires on the rebound. As for wooly from what I can see even dropping 2 sides out and playing with 10 there still seems a massive divide between top and bottom sides. I have long been an advocate of dropping 1 or 2 teams from longy to try and improve the standard. Even the bottom couple in longy look like they might be in for a long year.

LONGY
UTG/ESBC/ANA/CARN.STH OR ELW WITH WP TO CHALLENGE FOR SPOT ALSO, CH WOULD BE HAPPY WITH START BUT HAVE HAD A NICE DRAW AND REALITY MAY BE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
WOOLY
I THINK MICK IS PRETTY CLOSE THERE

West Bentleigh's flag to lose. They're a cut above everyone else. Uniting seem a little unsettled with their line ups the first month. Once it's back to norm, they'll be the only legitimate contender. Moorabbin West & Hampton Central will battle for bragging rights against each other, but are making up numbers. Before the last 3 weeks I would've said Washington Park are the next rung down or even on par with MW & HC, then throw a blanket over the rest. All reasonable on their day, but aren't consistent enough to threaten the sides above for a finals berth unless they get on a hot streak.

Round 3 Preview
Union over Spiders in an upset (The Hoops are always better at Hurly and will look to atone for their poor second up performance)
Mackie over Le Page just (Real flip of the coin bit the Machine simply have to win or a long season awaits).
Elwood over ANA just (Could go either way but the Beach Boys look the goods so far)
Sharks over Ommies just (Ivan’s men seem to be bereft of any form at present and we are only two rounds in)
Uniting over ESBC just (It should be a cracker and do not be surprised if the Maroons look to choke at some stage. However, they have too many guns and should get the job done).
Chelsea over Golfers just (On recent form they should do it easily, but this is just the sort of contest they have dropped in years gone by, so I will not be placing my hard earned on them).

Round 3 Review

3/6 (11/18 cumulative) was another poor return in a week where the mighty were fallen. Guy Matyn & Danny Korp ensured the juggies posted too many for their long time adversaries. Without Manders and Lalor, suddenly the Uniting batting line up looked vulnerable for the first time since Jimmy Olsen was sending them down at Longy Level. ANA and Mackie saluted in their 'must win' fixtures and it is already looking forlorn for the likes of Omega, Union and Kingston Heath.

Round 4 Preview

Spiders over Wash Ups just (Don't know why many of us continue to doubt Carnegie Sth. They were last year's beaten Grand Finalists and have won two from three, yet still I cannot select them with any confidence. Gihan Pereira to be the difference)

Mackie over Elwood just (Match of the day for mine and a real $1.91 each of two match. Surely 'Buddha' is due for a score and he may prove the difference against the likes of Chawla and De Haan).

Uniting over Chelsea easily (As much as the Heighers deserve praise for their start to the season, they will be brought back to earth by the Millionaires on the rebound who should do this easily. Ash Russell to ton up).

Union over the Ommies just (The Delac Cup may be the only chance these teams have of a win all year and frankly it is the Hoops who have impressed more so far. Kuzma to make the big score for the visitors).

ANA over Le Page comfortably (Biggs and Dolman were the familiar contributors for the Royals last time out and when they fire ANA can topple just about anyone).

ESBC over The Golfers just (reckon The Juggies may be a tad smug after last week's triumph so expect this game to go through the motions. Too many guns for East Sandy however and it may just be their seamers, such as Paddy Singh who are the defining factor this round).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Round 4 tips :
All teams that win the toss will bat especially with a top of 28 degrees expected.

Spiders over Wash Ups just - in the match of the round.
Elwood too strong for Mackie
Uniting over Chelsea with Lalor back this week, Manders still injured ?
Brighton Union to defeat Omega - in toss of a coin job
ANA over Le Page with Biggs and Dolman to fire again
ESBC over Kingston Heath - with Martyn on fire - early fav for Knights Award

Good luck on the ground and on the punt.

Spiders to beat the Sharks - should be a great match.
My boys to bounce back after last week's disappointment and beat Mackie.
Uniting to beat the Heighters -- who have been brilliant thus far.
Brighton Union over Omega.
ANA to beat Le Page.
East Sandy to beat the Golfers.

I witnessed probably the best individual bowling performance i've seen on Saturday from Oshan De Silva from Le Page.
He took 8/6 off 8 overs including a hat trick.

Also 3 more Big Dogg voucher winners for Longmuir centuries. Well done to Glenn Lalor, Brett Hampton and Mark Devereaux.

Round 4 Preview

Spiders over Wash Ups just (Don't know why many of us continue to doubt Carnegie Sth. They were last year's beaten Grand Finalists and have won two from three, yet still I cannot select them with any confidence. Gihan Pereira to be the difference)

Mackie over Elwood just (Match of the day for mine and a real $1.91 each of two match. Surely 'Buddha' is due for a score and he may prove the difference against the likes of Chawla and De Haan).

Uniting over Chelsea easily (As much as the Heighers deserve praise for their start to the season, they will be brought back to earth by the Millionaires on the rebound who should do this easily. Ash Russell to ton up).

Union over the Ommies just (The Delac Cup may be the only chance these teams have of a win all year and frankly it is the Hoops who have impressed more so far. Kuzma to make the big score for the visitors).

ANA over Le Page comfortably (Biggs and Dolman were the familiar contributors for the Royals last time out and when they fire ANA can topple just about anyone).

ESBC over The Golfers just (reckon The Juggies may be a tad smug after last week's triumph so expect this game to go through the motions. Too many guns for East Sandy however and it may just be their seamers, such as Paddy Singh who are the defining factor this round).

Round 4 Review

3/6 (14/24 cumulative) was another poor return in a season where no team remains undefeated. My doubts over Carnegie Sth were franked in a performance that would've disappointed all at Lords Reserve. Mackie and Elwood was always going to be tough to call and Oshant De Silva possibly bowled the most devastating spell in recent Longmuir history to send ANA packing. East Sandy and Uniting went through the motions and The Ommies look set for a one year stint in Longy only.

Round 5 Preview

Wash Ups over Union just (It is a game the boys from Packer Park must win if they are to be considered a contender and I feel they will, save for some Kuzmarian magic.

Uniting over Mackie easily (The machine are not what they once were).

Elwood over the Heath easily (Wont be the most scintillating match of the round)

Spiders over Le Page just (I will give Carnegie one more chance, but do not be surprised if they get rolled).

ESBC over Ommies easily (Possibly our first outright result for the season if Omega bat first)

ANA over Chelsea just (Surely 32 will not be repeated. I will go for a tenfold increase with Biggsy to score 100)

Good luck to all

Quasi

Gee not much happening on the forum this year, surely there are a few things to talk about that have happened so far this year?

I know it's early but who will play off in the T/20 final?

ESBC, BU?

Team Shelthart (or Lockton) are a smoky. Luke & Brad are in some serious form. If they can sustain it for the season and the support cast performs admirably, they might surprise many and go deep in both forms of the game.

No predictions this week folks?

Well, here's my first crack at it:
LONGY:
Sharks
Holders
Beach Boys
Heightens
Juggernaut
Millionaires

WOOLY:
Jugg Ressies
$$$ Ressies
Westars (moor)
Westars (bent)
Sharks Ressies

Longy 4/6 - Wool 3/5 (total 7/11)

This weeks:
LONGY:
Beach Boys
Millionaires
Heighters
Machine
Juggernaut
Golfers

WOOL:
Westars (Moor)
Westars (Bent)
C's
Centrals
Juggie Ressies

Am I the only one still on here....

Not alone on here, Roey. Keep an eye on Chelsea Heights this week. I believe the young fella may have fallen off a cliff or did he land on their door matt?

Fair call UM.

I've since learnt that the Heighters may be a bit light on for cattle this week.

Also a rumor that Brett Turner from Uniting is not in a good way atm. Can anyone confirm/deny?

If it's true, I'm sure we all wish Brett a speedy recovery. He's a gentleman of the SECA.

Word coming out of CV headquarters is that CV have agreed not to fixture any premier grade cricket on Saturday the 14th of Febuary 2015, so to allow local cricketers to attend the Australian V England game at the MCG on that day. CV are encouraging all VMCU Associations to follow suit. WTF, can you believe that !!!

Quite true, but what a joke do they think every suburban cricketer is going to the G. Why wouldn't they play it on the Friday or Sunday. Anyhow the VMCU is a joke .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back