South East Cricket Association (seca) 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite true, but what a joke do they think every suburban cricketer is going to the G. Why wouldn't they play it on the Friday or Sunday. Anyhow the VMCU is a joke .
Agree SS, VMCU could or wouldn't have the gonads to stand up to CV, the other comps including yours will probably relent as well. Its a shambles.

While we are on the subject of inept cricket management, we have just been advised that all junior grades within the SECA will be playing T16 games this week. Word coming from reliable sources suggest that the SECA has relented to the opinions from the almalgamated associations who have recently joined the SECA to play T16's of which they recommend because they thought it worked in their comps.
What a load of crap, trying to tell kids that they are only playing 16 overs, also what is amusing is that last weeks rnd in juniors were 25 / 25 which worked a treat.
I'm predicting a rather hostile response from clubs and the SECA need to be strong and not change for the sake of trying to apease inferior opinions.
Decisions like this is why these other comps [ federal for example ] joined the SECA, as they obviously couldn't control their own comps.
Every junior player that i have spoken to are bemused and disappointed, what a joke.

Word coming out of CV headquarters is that CV have agreed not to fixture any premier grade cricket on Saturday the 14th of Febuary 2015, so to allow local cricketers to attend the Australian V England game at the MCG on that day. CV are encouraging all VMCU Associations to follow suit. WTF, can you believe that !!!

Winki Pop - Saturday is the 15th of February - not the 14th.
The ONLY Aus v Eng fixtures at the MCG (other than the Boxing Day Test) are Sat Jan 12 (1-dayer) & Fri Jan 31 (T20).
CV Clubs I have dealings with have NO knowledge of your rumored fixturing change.

Winki Pop - Saturday is the 15th of February - not the 14th.
The ONLY Aus v Eng fixtures at the MCG (other than the Boxing Day Test) are Sat Jan 12 (1-dayer) & Fri Jan 31 (T20).
CV Clubs I have dealings with have NO knowledge of your rumored fixturing change.

Wily, you are normally better than that, but last time i checked my calendar Feb 2015 Saturday falls on the 14th. Also, your dealings with CV clubs might just need updating, or maybe you've got sunburnt rolling those wickets.

"While we are on the subject of inept cricket management, we have just been advised that all junior grades within the SECA will be playing T16 games this week. Word coming from reliable sources suggest that the SECA has relented to the opinions from the amalgamated associations who have recently joined the SECA to play T16's of which they recommend because they thought it worked in their comps.
What a load of crap, trying to tell kids that they are only playing 16 overs, also what is amusing is that last weeks rnd in juniors were 25 / 25 which worked a treat.
I'm predicting a rather hostile response from clubs and the SECA need to be strong and not change for the sake of trying to appease inferior opinions.
Decisions like this is why these other comps [ federal for example ] joined the SECA, as they obviously couldn't control their own comps.
Every junior player that i have spoken to are bemused and disappointed, what a joke."

Check with your source, winki pop. Have it on good authority you've been misinformed.

Fair old round of cricket that one. Wash Ups have ESBC's measure at the moment with 2 wins this season. Kingston Heath looking like pinching a spot in the 4 if they can get over Wash Ups. That game and ESBC vs Heighters will have a big bearing on the finals make up as will Elwood vs Heighters the following round. Both side have the Boys Club at Chisholm which you'd pencil in as losses.
Ommies are cooked after a heartbreaking loss on the weekend. Will we see a straight swap if West Bentleigh can get over their form slump and make the GF? Uniting look to have a mortgage on B2B Longmuir/Woolnough flags. Cluden & Hampton Central battle for 4th looks likely to be decided in the final round.

Union
Machine
Elwood
Units
ESBC
Wash Ups

Wash Ups
Cluden
HW - in another Rd.9 upset classic against the keyboard warriors
ESBC
West Bentleigh

Bell's boys
Golf's gang
Army's army
Chelt Park
Squeak's soldiers
Kuzi's klan

Anyone know what's happening with Memorial Oval? Pretty important games in Woolnough being compromised if there's no play. West Bentleigh & Cluden are both vying for a double chance with WB already missing a day of play.

Thanks ss. I should've clarified we know that much. The E grade Rd.8 fixture was reduced to a one day game due to damage caused by the Ibis birds. However, it's happened again and the most recent report was that there won't be any play on that ground for the rest of the season. Given the situation has significant implications to the finals contenders and has been an issue for the vest part of a month, one would expect the SECA to make some sort of announcement pretty soon if they haven't already notified the clubs in question.

Went to the SECA T20 Final at Centenary last night. Boy, Uniting put on a clinic and posted 203 runs. Never knew Backman could bat like that, well deserved man of the match. Sharks never in the run chase. Real big crowd. Got to give credit to Uniting , their supporters come in massive numbers and they always run a good show off ground with Bar and BBQ. Pavilion about to come down but great ground to watch cricket.
Well done Uniting.

Tips for Round 10:

LONGY:
Sharks
Juggernaut
Spiders
Millionaires
Heighters
Folders

WOOLY:
West Bent
Millionaires 2's
Westars
Centrals
Juggernaut 2's

That's IF we get going. Rumour has it that the SECA MAY cancel tomorrow's play due to the heat & ALL grades play a 1-dayer next week. Seems a reasonable decision to me.....

That's IF we get going. Rumour has it that the SECA MAY cancel tomorrow's play due to the heat & ALL grades play a 1-dayer next week. Seems a reasonable decision to me.....[/quote]

Have heard this also, that would be typical SECA, why have rules in place then make it up as you go along. Not saying it wouldn't be the right decision to call the games, but they have tinkered with this rule a couple of times and then not use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back