Stuart Clark

S

Squiz

Stuart Clark

How does this guy get to play for Australia? Abosolute hack of the highest order. His stats so far in this match against the Windies are 7-0-87-0, that's an economy rate of 12.42. When all the other seamers have an economy rate of under 4.5, that performance is absolutely deplorable!

Never let him play international cricket again! I can't believe he was compared to Glenn McGrath.

Re: Stuart Clark

makes me even more mad that he stayed and Johnson was sent home.

BigJeff;99440 said:
makes me even more mad that he stayed and Johnson was sent home.

But everyone loves Johnson now as he had a good game but before that he was a first class hack and still is in my book. You don't all of a sudden get good from one game, he needs to string them together and he can't even do that at first class level.

Guru™;99512 said:
But everyone loves Johnson now as he had a good game but before that he was a first class hack and still is in my book. You don't all of a sudden get good from one game, he needs to string them together and he can't even do that at first class level.

Did you ever bother to think that he may now be shaking off his continual injury problems and getting closer toward peak fitness?

Squiz;99293 said:
How does this guy get to play for Australia? Abosolute hack of the highest order. His stats so far in this match against the Windies are 7-0-87-0, that's an economy rate of 12.42. When all the other seamers have an economy rate of under 4.5, that performance is absolutely deplorable!
Never been a fan, and they're talking about blooding the youngsters, well they did that with Joihnson and then sent him home and brought in 32 year old Stuart Clark.
Never let him play international cricket again! I can't believe he was compared to Glenn McGrath.
WTF??? I can't think of who would be stupid enough to do that.

Guru™;99512 said:

Also stage fright as a major problem of Johnson's. He said himself he gets very nervy in front of the big crowds and is only starting getting used to it, hence doing well in Malaysia with smaller crowds.

Clark is not a one day bowler IMO. However he will succeed at test level where he showed a lot in South Africa. There is a big difference, use him in the tests but not ODI's.

Don't use him anywhere. With Lee, McGrath and Warne in the tests we only need one more bowler. Picking either Gillespie, Tait or Johnson would make more sense.

Guru™;99512 said:
Johnson. Grade-A Hack

Johnson isn't a hack, just an inconsistent left arm pace bowler but it is interesting to see people go from believing he is perhaps the worst bowler in Australia to believe putting him in their World cup squads.

Very talented kid, intereting to see if he is in the WC squad. Stuart Clark is not a one day bowler, and at best a decent test bowler, our bowling is in a transitional period, patience is needed.

Still not convinced. The Aus selectors are trying to bring young blood into the team and they bring in a 30 something year old.

He'll play the Ashes and should ahead of Gillespie, Kasprowicz and Johnson.

Good enough test bowler, but not good enough at ODI to play for australia...Every dog has his day though

hey guys, im new to the forum and just wanna say GO AUSSIES, ahead of this years ashes.

stuart clark has shown a bit, but with the current situation the selectors have to put in some youth.

i loved tait in my opinion a great one day bowler, not sure about the test scene though as his action requires him to use alot of energy and in tests conserving energy is a neat idea.

johnson should be given a go, hes young, aggressive, and just wants to take wickets, a young bing comes to mind, exept left arm.

bracken, hmm, was good for a period but is bordering on medium pace but moves the ball alot so hes iffy, i'd say.

kaspa has sustained yet another injury, i dont know if he'll get back into the side but if he does, good on him.

watson, i love this guy, i dont know what it is but i just love him, he can bat too which is another advantage.

your thoughts?...

You guys have short memories. This guy was on fire against South Africa and you've all forgotten it.
He would be in my Test side but i wouldn't have him in my ODI side as i would be looking to blood youngsters.

-Ben

I would have been on fire in South Africa. The wickets there were very pace friendly.

Dizzy Gillespie should be in the side before him.

Back