Subbies 2011/12

Pardon my ignorance. What do you mean by the 'super' group'?
It happens every three years. Caulfield, Oakleigh and Melton are the three "Power house" clubs along with Malvern, who struggled this year , but were coming off back to back flags. Melton have played in 4 consectutive grand finals for 3 flags, the one they dropped was in this group when Malvern upset them.

Sorry about that,as I was saying looking at the squad for the t.o.t.y just goes to show how strong the comp's become when the likes of Harwood,Lewis,Geisler,Kirk,Sheedy,Hutchinson,etc etc cant get a look in.
Without any research I'll have a go at my team.
Cross
Damiano WK
Allen Capt
Dean
O'Shea
Maynard
Gill
Perera [Noble Park]
Pinwill
Waterman
Shellie
Travaglia 12th man.
Come on boys,have a crack.

Sorry about that,as I was saying looking at the squad for the t.o.t.y just goes to show how strong the comp's become when the likes of Harwood,Lewis,Geisler,Kirk,Sheedy,Hutchinson,etc etc cant get a look in.
Without any research I'll have a go at my team.
Cross
Damiano WK
Allen Capt
Dean
O'Shea
Maynard
Gill
Perera [Noble Park]
Pinwill
Waterman
Shellie
Travaglia 12th man.
Come on boys,have a crack.
Of your misses, Hutchinson certainly stiff. Not sure Harwood, Lewis & Sheedy had great years.

In order

Allen
Damiano
Cross
Travaglia
Maynard
O'Shea
Gill
Mawzon
Perara (NP)
Pinwill
Shellie

It happens every three years. Caulfield, Oakleigh and Melton are the three "Power house" clubs along with Malvern, who struggled this year , but were coming off back to back flags. Melton have played in 4 consectutive grand finals for 3 flags, the one they dropped was in this group when Malvern upset them.

These 3 clubs are never in the same group as Caulfield - South, Oakleigh - East and Melton - West. Seems like a big year for recruits and I understand another South club soon to announce 2 big signings. Could be a hard year for batsmen next season. Any one recruiting Bats ?

Agreed,total waste of time,any player signing news boys?,heard a whisper at footy that Willy have signed Matthew Inness ex Vic and WA left armer,huge coup if true.
YWL could you confirm?

I can confirm mate. Very exciting for news for the club on the back of a very disappointing season. Exciting times ahead for Willy being back at the main ground for the first time in 3 seasons so already looking forward to season 2012/13.

Intersting that PNG boys will not be back in Melbourne next year. Certainly makes a dint in our side, now need to try and pick up a couple elsewhere!

Hutchinson a good player, will make a difference, previously played at the club. Is Vanderwert related to the Noble & Moorabbin guys?

VanderWERT is no relation to the VanderGERT brothers at noble and moorrabbin..

Vanderwert is a wicket keeper batsman.. Wont be a star in the comp.. Just a solid player..

Absolute certainty to be at Plenty Valley, they already have Jaench and Dennett, it will keep the Plenty Valley Richmond connection going.
Maybe this is not the right place to post this.but if any players are looking for a new home this year,and perhaps they have been overlooked within the club of their choice ,Sunshine would be more than happy to talk with you .we have a lot of youngsters here who need guidance.no smart comments thanx Weapons

thanks for the article Westland Joseph just last week won the clubs champion player award (voted by umpires)not only is he an up and coming cricketer he is also a junior champion footballer,he is leaving Sunshine this year too go to Footscray Edgewater

Tweet from EHCC. Matty Hutchinson from Doveton and Shean Vanderwert from Narre Warren lead a talent-packed list of recruits for 12/13.

Hutchinson numbers seem to show some success and Vanderwert's numbers are fairly ordinary. They'll need a lot more fire power to keep up with oakleigh, box hill, plenty valley and Kew.

I dont think their intention is to become a super power over one pre-season.. I think its more a change in direction and coaching structure.. Improvement is the key for them.. Not try and get a super team to take on the likes of oakleigh, caulfield etc

Back