Subbies 2011/12

It's on the agenda Westland.

There are a number of important issues that need to be resolved prior to a successful return. In no particular order:

A. A club(s) willing to host the match without the prospect of a significant financial gain.
B. Squeezing a 4th Final into a packed end of season schedule, the final 6 will remain.
C. Negotiating with councils and other shareholders.

I don't love the Championship final, but do agree it is a great point of difference in the Subbies competition, and would lean towards voting it back in if given the opportunity.

Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster!

Here's what i think should happen, The Comp should get split into Division 1 and Division 2 but only in 1stXI and 2ndXI. Lower grades should stay nth/west & sth/east with the top 2 and bottom 2 from each divisions Promoted and Relegated and a final 6 in each division.

T20 comp to stay as it is!

I think this would make a lot more competive games of cricket and would stop your endevour hills, ormands and your sunshines from getting smashed week in week out and actually having the chance to really win a few games each year and the better sides Meltons, Kews, Caufields & Oakleighs having to be on top of there game each week to take home the points! It also gives the bottom teams something to play for each week making the comp healthier.

Im not sure on a selection criteria for this but maybe win loss over the last 3 years, and what division your in is based on your 1stXI!

Just my 2 cents anyway guys!

Now is also the time of year to post your team of the season predictions. It would be fair to say the wicketkeeper of the year and the all rounder of the year would be the same for everybody but with four batsmen from South/East amassing over 500 runs (Two with more than 600) and four batsmen from the Noth/West also doing the same, it will come down to personal choice. As for the bowlers two from the South/East with more then 30 wickets while 4 from the North/West with the same. Does this mean that runs were easier to come by in the SE or was it because the bowlers were better in the NW? Or does it have to do with councils, curators and pitches???????
But as I have said before bring back the Championship final. Nothing else matters. At a few clubs they didn't even rate a group win if you lost the big one. Up until a few years ago they weren't even recorded in the clubs Annual Report!

Well done to Melton and Caulfield on their premierships, the next thing on the agenda is the Hatch Medal. I've had a look at it statistically and I think there are a few stand outs.

Firstly the North/West Group

Francis Gill (Kew) - 324 runs @ 46.29 and 45 wickets @ 13.07. Granted he bowled a lot of overs and he got a couple of not outs but statistically looks to be way out in front.

Aaron Maynard (Altona) - 537 runs @ 38.36 and 22 wickets @ 21.14. Looks a real contented, however didn't do a lot in the season proper apart from the 150 against Sunshine, it looks a little short.

Lorenzo Ingram (Plenty Valley) - 372 runs @ 32.00 and 29 wickets @ 12.76, looks a little short, needs a few more runs or a few more wickets to be in the hunt.

Mick Allen (Melton) - 538 runs @38.43 and 1 wicket @ 76.00. Probably didn't do enough with the ball to compete with the front runners.

Brendan Barry (Preston) - 166 runs @ 16.60 and 38 wickets @ 11.74, needed more with the bat, the fact that his team finish low on the ladder doesn't help.

South/East Group

Jarrod Travaglia (Oakleigh) - 647 runs @ 58.82 and 12 wickets @ 18.17. A massive chance, plenty of runs and a couple of wickets.

Ricky Damiano (Caulfield) - 669 runs @ 83.63 and 22 catches and 6 stumpings. An amazing year, if he doesn't win it, will be in the top couple, probably along with Gill.

Peter Cross (Caulfield) - 558 runs @ 62.00, 0 wickets. Probably not a real contender but a terrific year none the less.

Ben Pinwell (Oakleigh) - 65 runs @ 10.83 and 39 wickets @ 9.54, similar to Cross, probably not really in the hunt, however a great performer and another great year.

I think it's clear to see that its a 3 horse race my tip is:
1st F Gill
2nd R Damiano
3rd J Travaglia

My reason being Gill was the stand out player for Kew, even though they had Gledhill up in the runs and Waterman in the wickets I think Gill has less players to take votes off him that Damiano, who had Cross, Bartlett and Warren (and others). However, whilst I tip Gill, I do so with no confidence, all 3 players have had sensational years and all have played on in their respective GFs.

Stay tuned a 26 man squad which the 20111/12 Team of the Year will be announced very shortly, and again clubs will have an opportunity to submit an entry in batting order with Captain named to win some great prizes at the HATCH Medal dinner.

The HATCH Medal itself will almost certainly be a close run event, certainly more so than last year with a run away winner in Sheedy. Those mentioned above by 12345 should be right in the hunt, but don't discount Aaron Shellie & Mara Perera who both dominated in mid table teams and should monopolise their clubs votes.

There will be plenty of internal competition with the front runners too, Damiano sharing a hundred with Cross in one match and probably getting pipped for the three in another by Pritchard. While Travaglia shared a hundred and wickets with Warren, and another big score with wickets to Pinwill. I think the winner will poll high teens in a blanket finish.

Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster!

Here's what i think should happen, The Comp should get split into Division 1 and Division 2 but only in 1stXI and 2ndXI. Lower grades should stay nth/west & sth/east with the top 2 and bottom 2 from each divisions Promoted and Relegated and a final 6 in each division.

T20 comp to stay as it is!

I think this would make a lot more competive games of cricket and would stop your endevour hills, ormands and your sunshines from getting smashed week in week out and actually having the chance to really win a few games each year and the better sides Meltons, Kews, Caufields & Oakleighs having to be on top of there game each week to take home the points! It also gives the bottom teams something to play for each week making the comp healthier.

Im not sure on a selection criteria for this but maybe win loss over the last 3 years, and what division your in is based on your 1stXI!

Just my 2 cents anyway guys!
Welcome on board Subby-D. Great first post. As you know the subject of your post often appears on this thread. Our posts probably have little influence on the people that need to address this matter. Do you agree the question that needs to be addressed is whether the subbies existing 'one size fits all' model is nowadays appropriate? If it's not, why not, and what needs to be done about it in the interests of the VSDCA in particular, and, for the overall good of our game?
Do clubs delegates ever raise these questions at subbies meetings? If not, the matter may never be discussed where it ought to be. Concerned members are entitled to ask their clubs to have their delegates raise this matter at subbies meetings. We may then get some useful feed-back.

clip_image001.gif

SOUTH CAULFIELD CRICKET CLUB
V.T.C.A affiliated.
The South Caulfield Cricket Club invites the below applications for season 2012/2013;

Senior Coach
•The successful candidate must have a Level 1 Coaching Accreditation. However the successful candidate will be assisted in the attainment of this accreditation if required.
•Will have preferably either district or sub district experience but other applications will be considered.

He will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
•Expected to formulate a pre-season training regime
•Manage senior training throughout the playing season
•Organised Match Day planning / strategy
•Strong leadership with a professional attitude who leads by example.
•Desire to grow and accept a winning culture only
•Excellent communication and people management skills
•Highly driven and motivated to achieve club success
•Ability to teach and improve techniques
•Ability to work with senior and younger players together
•Ability to teach and communicate with juniors a key requisite
•Willingness to be involved in all club activities

Remuneration will be negotiable based on the successful applicant's experience and credentials and commitment given.

Professional Players
Top Order Bat – preferably Left Handed, Spin Bowler, Opening Bowler.
Competitive remuneration with incentives will be offered to the right candidates.

Our first eleven compete in the VTCA’s Senior Division. Our continual aim is to be the best club in the V.T.C.A competition. We have a proud history exemplified by being the only club never to have been relegated from Senior division.
Whilst we didn’t make Finals last season, SCCC have played finals in four of the last 6 seasons. With a young mature squad our ultimate goal is a 1st XI premiership.

We have an excellent newly laid outfield with recently renovated clubrooms situated between 2 full size ovals. With 3 near new training nets and a bowling machine you will have the best facilities to get the most out of your cricket.

Applications close on 30th April 2012.
All enquiries, considered confidential, are to be addressed to:
South Caulfield Cricket Club
PO Box 3090, Moorabbin 3189

Or e-mail to: matt@stahmers.com.au
PH; Matt Stahmer 0412 515 407

Well done to Melton and Caulfield on their premierships, the next thing on the agenda is the Hatch Medal. I've had a look at it statistically and I think there are a few stand outs.

Francis Gill (Kew) - 324 runs @ 46.29 and 45 wickets @ 13.07. Granted he bowled a lot of overs and he got a couple of not outs but statistically looks to be way out in front.

Aaron Maynard (Altona) - 537 runs @ 38.36 and 22 wickets @ 21.14. Looks a real contented, however didn't do a lot in the season proper apart from the 150 against Sunshine, it looks a little short.

Lorenzo Ingram (Plenty Valley) - 372 runs @ 32.00 and 29 wickets @ 12.76, looks a little short, needs a few more runs or a few more wickets to be in the hunt.

Mick Allen (Melton) - 538 runs @38.43 and 1 wicket @ 76.00. Probably didn't do enough with the ball to compete with the front runners.

Brendan Barry (Preston) - 166 runs @ 16.60 and 38 wickets @ 11.74, needed more with the bat, the fact that his team finish low on the ladder doesn't help.

South/East Group

Jarrod Travaglia (Oakleigh) - 647 runs @ 58.82 and 12 wickets @ 18.17. A massive chance, plenty of runs and a couple of wickets.

Ricky Damiano (Caulfield) - 669 runs @ 83.63 and 22 catches and 6 stumpings. An amazing year, if he doesn't win it, will be in the top couple, probably along with Gill.

Peter Cross (Caulfield) - 558 runs @ 62.00, 0 wickets. Probably not a real contender but a terrific year none the less.

Ben Pinwell (Oakleigh) - 65 runs @ 10.83 and 39 wickets @ 9.54, similar to Cross, probably not really in the hunt, however a great performer and another great year.

1st F Gill
2nd R Damiano
3rd J Travaglia

My reason being Gill was the stand out player for Kew, even though they had Gledhill up in the runs and Waterman in the wickets I think Gill has less players to take votes off him that Damiano, who had Cross, Bartlett and Warren (and others). However, whilst I tip Gill, I do so with no confidence, all 3 players have had sensational years and all have played on in their respective GFs.
If my memory serves me right, 150no of Gledhill's aggregate was scored v the hapless Sunshine at Dempster.

South/East Group

1st F Gill
2nd R Damiano
3rd J Travaglia

On those numbers, it would be very hard to tip against Gill, Damiano the danger.

Dave McKay another smokey, 297 runs & 30 wickets. When Brunswick won he had a big influence most times...... also be good to take the limelight off Clint!

Had a really good year Sylvester, out of interest I had a quick look through the scorecards and reckon he will poll as follows:

Rd 3 v Bal (Poss 1)
Rd 4. v Ivan (Poss 1)
Rd 5. v Alt (Poss 1)
Rd 7. v Cob (Certain 3)
Rd 10. v Suns (Certain 3)
Rd 11. v Yarr (Probable 1)

Which gives him a ball park of ten votes and will probably have him in the next tier down from the leaders. I plan to go through the favourites, but suspect the winner might get around 15-18 votes.

For comparison I reckon this will be Gill's votes:

Rd. 5 v Yarr (3 votes)
Rd 6. v Werr (3 votes)
Rd 8. v Bruns (3 votes)
Rd 9. v Pres (2 votes)
Rd 10. v Melt (Possible 1 vote)
Rd 11. v Will (3 votes)
Rd 12. v PV (3 votes)

Giving him 17 or 18 votes. Will be right in the mix if the umpires agree.

For comparison I reckon this will be Gill's votes:

Rd. 5 v Yarr (3 votes)
Rd 6. v Werr (3 votes)
Rd 8. v Bruns (3 votes)
Rd 9. v Pres (2 votes)
Rd 10. v Melt (Possible 1 vote)
Rd 11. v Will (3 votes)
Rd 12. v PV (3 votes)

Giving him 17 or 18 votes. Will be right in the mix if the umpires agree.

By my count:

Gill
Rnd 5 v Yarraville 3w & 16* - 3 votes
Rnd 6 v Werribee 68* & 2w - 3 votes
Rnd 8 v Brunswick 2w & 32 - 3 votes
Rnd 11 v WIlliamstown 79 & 6w - 3 votes
Rnd 12 v Plenty Valley 4w & 23* - 3 votes
15 votes

Travaglia
Rnd 7 v Bayswater 50* - 2 votes
Rnd 8 v Box hill 52 - 2 votes
Rnd 9 Brighton 73* - 3 votes
Rnd 11 v Endeavour Hills 124 - 3 votes
Rnd 2 v Noble Park 66 1w 1ro - 3 votes
Rnd 12 v Mt Waverley 103 - 2 votes
15 votes

Damiano
Rnd 6 v Endeavour Hills 29 4 ctchs - 1 votes (if lucky)
Rnd 8 v Kingston Saints 58 3 st - 3 Votes
Rnd 9 v Moorabin 102* - 2 votes (P Cross 160 - 3 votes)
Rnd 10 v Noble Park 69 - 2 votes (H Pritchard 35 & 5/27 - 3 votes)
Rnd 2 v Bayswater 106 - 3 votes
Rnd 12 v Ormond 100* - 3 Votes
14 votes.

So Endeavour Hills have tweeted they have signed two big recruits already for the next season.. Anyone have any idea of who they might be????
Waste of time tweeting if you are not going to name them. Are big recruits big names or big by size? Still advertising for a CC on their website.

Hope they have got some good ones, have struggled to pull names and would be what they need.

Moorabbin West Cricket Club
Affiliated with the CMCA
SEEKING KEY PERSONNEL FOR THE 2012-13 SEASON
We are a club looking to make a splash, with an expectation of finals next season. Our 1st XI competes in Woolnough Shield and was a finals contender for most of this season, whilst our 2nd XI were D Grade Premiers and will move up to C Grade next year.
We have a solid mix of youth and experience and have already put a new Captain/Coach in place, along with an ambitous and united leadership group.
We now seek the experience and skills of a quality top or middle order batsman.
The person we're after will ideally possess:
  • Experience and accomplishments at a comparable standard of cricket
  • A passion to be part of a strong team and winning culture
  • A commitment to pre season, and strong work ethic during the season
  • A temperament to bat long periods and work with our developing batsmen
In return we offer remuneration consistant with your experience and skill set and a club hungry for success.
Suitable candidates will preferably have statistical credentials available on MyCricket or similar league websites.
Resumes/Applications or Enquiries can be forwarded to moorabbinwestcricketclub@gmail.com or enquiries can be made on 0413 928 287
Applications close 4th May, 2012.

Hi Guys,

There is a thread solely for coaching advertisements, can we keep all requests in there rather than clogging up the discussions? I'm sure anyone interested will look there first anyway.

Back