subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

*DaNcE HeRo*;288972 said:
no excuses?? in the previous post you gave us neally 5 excuses you ********! and Young Willy Tool get out of A Blakes ass, all you do is talk about him...is it love? Any chance of getting back in the 1's for the first one after christmas dog? Also interesting to see the under 21 williamstown side playing at maccy park last sunday.. was more interesting to see what they said about their former coach... i wont go into it ;)

sweet mate..........i wanna get back into the ones full stop let alone 1st 1 after chrissy..........its all in my hands knackers..........:D

hows your form going???not being smart either.......

no excuses?? in the previous post you gave us neally 5 excuses you ********! and Young Willy Tool get out of A Blakes ass, all you do is talk about him...is it love? Any chance of getting back in the 1's for the first one after christmas dog? Also interesting to see the under 21 williamstown side playing at maccy park last sunday.. was more interesting to see what they said about their former coach... i wont go into it ;)

sweet mate..........i wanna get back into the ones full stop let alone 1st 1 after chrissy..........its all in my hands knackers..........:D

pleeeeease.............go into it,it'll be a top laugh!!!!:D

pleeeeease.............go into it,it'll be a top laugh!!!!:D

weapons05/06;289055 said:

not good but happy were winning. bowlers bowling really well, concrete bowled a treat last week, knocked over hopkins 2nd ball and gave radford a working over then got him 1st slip. how u hitting them?

weapons05/06;289055 said:

not good but happy were winning. bowlers bowling really well, concrete bowled a treat last week, knocked over hopkins 2nd ball and gave radford a working over then got him 1st slip. how u hitting them?

*DaNcE HeRo*;289481 said:

good stuff......as they say time in the middle the runs/form will come.......
yer hitting them well these starts arnt enough to get me back in the team as of yet but looking to this week to stamp my authority on the game early on...... get over the 20 over mark by taking the shine off the ball just the way i like it and look to cash in on a big score.......1's are finding ways to win without dominating we have only played one 2 dayer so im sure once the 2 dayers and the weather gets a little better the standard we have set over the last couple of years will be back in force........2's have a mixture of young and old which is good though unavailabilities throughout the club each week are making it hard to pick consistant 11's.......im sure this wouldnt just happen at our club........

what were the conditions of the ground/pitch like last week....d.h/concrete...?

good luck on the weekend

ywl........turned like the titanic..........bahahahaha:eek:

*DaNcE HeRo*;289481 said:

yer hitting them well these starts arnt enough to get me back in the team as of yet but looking to this week to stamp my authority on the game early on...... get over the 20 over mark by taking the shine off the ball just the way i like it and look to cash in on a big score.......1's are finding ways to win without dominating we have only played one 2 dayer so im sure once the 2 dayers and the weather gets a little better the standard we have set over the last couple of years will be back in force........2's have a mixture of young and old which is good though unavailabilities throughout the club each week are making it hard to pick consistant 11's.......im sure this wouldnt just happen at our club........

good luck on the weekend

weapons05/06;289520 said:

good luck on the weekend

Lol sorry about that reference but i couldn't help myself lol.

weapons05/06;289520 said:

good luck on the weekend

Lol sorry about that reference but i couldn't help myself lol.

Mate i'm allowed to talk about whoever i want.
I just asked if he is injuried. Is that a crime?

Mate i'm allowed to talk about whoever i want.
I just asked if he is injuried. Is that a crime?

weapons05/06;288923 said:
good post....i agree entirely....but i do know of boglis being very caught up with work as a lawyer or something along those lines.......maybe too busy to play in the rep team.......i dunno:confused:

Sorry to labour the point on this Boglis/Goodwin selection issue but I have it on good authority that the selectors didn't even know what Boglis bowled! They only discovered he was a leggie after they'd selected the side! WTF?! That proves the selectors are clueless and haven't even bothered to get out to an Altona game this year, which is unbelievable in itself considering the A's are the only undefeated side in the NW Group and are a game clear on top.

In any case, it shouldn't be too hard to pick Boglis out – all they had to do was look at the list of leading wicket-takers! At the time the team was announced, Boglis was equal leading wicket-taker in the NW Group (the equal leader, Tahir Afridi from Bundoora OP, had bowled in one more innings than Boglis).

And by the way Weapons, Boglis WAS available for the Subbies game. You're right, he's a busy man in the legal world and he hardly trains, which makes it all the more remarkable that he is still able to bowl 25-30 overs on the trot with sustained quality.

And how does Radford get a game? Talk about picking blokes on reputation. Just using Altona as an example, they had one bloke averaging 131 (Liam Johnson), and another averaging 85 (Varchione) – both of these bats would have been far more deserving of a gig, as would a number of others around the competition.

In fact, the selectors almost entirely ignored the western suburbs teams, with only Patty Gallivan getting a game. But of course the eastern suburbs Gestapo is in power! Heil Hitler!

weapons05/06;288923 said:
good post....i agree entirely....but i do know of boglis being very caught up with work as a lawyer or something along those lines.......maybe too busy to play in the rep team.......i dunno:confused:

Sorry to labour the point on this Boglis/Goodwin selection issue but I have it on good authority that the selectors didn't even know what Boglis bowled! They only discovered he was a leggie after they'd selected the side! WTF?! That proves the selectors are clueless and haven't even bothered to get out to an Altona game this year, which is unbelievable in itself considering the A's are the only undefeated side in the NW Group and are a game clear on top.

In any case, it shouldn't be too hard to pick Boglis out – all they had to do was look at the list of leading wicket-takers! At the time the team was announced, Boglis was equal leading wicket-taker in the NW Group (the equal leader, Tahir Afridi from Bundoora OP, had bowled in one more innings than Boglis).

And by the way Weapons, Boglis WAS available for the Subbies game. You're right, he's a busy man in the legal world and he hardly trains, which makes it all the more remarkable that he is still able to bowl 25-30 overs on the trot with sustained quality.

And how does Radford get a game? Talk about picking blokes on reputation. Just using Altona as an example, they had one bloke averaging 131 (Liam Johnson), and another averaging 85 (Varchione) – both of these bats would have been far more deserving of a gig, as would a number of others around the competition.

In fact, the selectors almost entirely ignored the western suburbs teams, with only Patty Gallivan getting a game. But of course the eastern suburbs Gestapo is in power! Heil Hitler!

And... the keeper situation in the subbies team is also a little perplexing. They've gone for Kremer from Croydon (surprise, surprise) but he's averaging only 15 from four hits. Other candidates like Hodges (Willi) is out of form and Waters (Coburg) is no longer keeping. Hey Dance Hero, I see your keeper Dylan Kight opens the batting and has made 174 at 43.5, including a 70 and a 50. What's his background? Would he have been worthy of selection? Or maybe there's another keeper-bat out there who has been better.

And... the keeper situation in the subbies team is also a little perplexing. They've gone for Kremer from Croydon (surprise, surprise) but he's averaging only 15 from four hits. Other candidates like Hodges (Willi) is out of form and Waters (Coburg) is no longer keeping. Hey Dance Hero, I see your keeper Dylan Kight opens the batting and has made 174 at 43.5, including a 70 and a 50. What's his background? Would he have been worthy of selection? Or maybe there's another keeper-bat out there who has been better.

Fleshy Gloveman;289633 said:

how about justin farrow @ box hill. opening bat averaging mid 40's this year with a career average of 38.

Fleshy Gloveman;289633 said:

how about justin farrow @ box hill. opening bat averaging mid 40's this year with a career average of 38.

anchorman;289635 said:

Well there you go. Obviously availability comes into it, but surely the first consideration must be form – Farrow and Kight are two who have it; Kremer doesn't. Of course, it's not Kremer's fault he was selected.

anchorman;289635 said:

Well there you go. Obviously availability comes into it, but surely the first consideration must be form – Farrow and Kight are two who have it; Kremer doesn't. Of course, it's not Kremer's fault he was selected.

Fleshy Gloveman;289639 said:

there are alot of factors involved, coach must nominate the player and some of it does have to go on reputation. Krem's a good bloke and plays the game hard. Haven't seen many others out there that have dominated for a few years, so I guess they want to go with someone who has been a performer for a while.

Fleshy Gloveman;289639 said:

there are alot of factors involved, coach must nominate the player and some of it does have to go on reputation. Krem's a good bloke and plays the game hard. Haven't seen many others out there that have dominated for a few years, so I guess they want to go with someone who has been a performer for a while.

I understand what you're saying anchorman, and if two players have similar form you'd always go for the proven performer (I'll take your word on that re Kremer). However, a keeper in a rep side needs to be making runs, particularly when most tracks this season have been roads – afterall, it's been the driest start to a cricket season ever. The only exception is if he's a superstar keeper who can produce legside stumpings from the mediums – and if he was that good he wouldn't be playing subbies cricket!

I understand what you're saying anchorman, and if two players have similar form you'd always go for the proven performer (I'll take your word on that re Kremer). However, a keeper in a rep side needs to be making runs, particularly when most tracks this season have been roads – afterall, it's been the driest start to a cricket season ever. The only exception is if he's a superstar keeper who can produce legside stumpings from the mediums – and if he was that good he wouldn't be playing subbies cricket!

how about last year when they picked Adam Thomas as keeper of the year! Like picking Luke Livingstone in Carlton's team of the century.

how about last year when they picked Adam Thomas as keeper of the year! Like picking Luke Livingstone in Carlton's team of the century.

Fleshy Gloveman;289647 said:

see what you mean, I can't pick who would be the best to go for. you can go by the numbers and pick a muppet as a keeper hwo can bat, but i think they have gone for what they know. i feel they probably don't know who would actually be the best "keeper" as you can't go on how many catches they take as this would be completely inaccurate. krem played last year and did a good job and has been a team of the year member. it will be the same thing at the end of the year - they will choose the keeper who takes the most catches or makes the most runs, but in the end i don't think anyone would know who can actually "keep"

Fleshy Gloveman;289647 said:

see what you mean, I can't pick who would be the best to go for. you can go by the numbers and pick a muppet as a keeper hwo can bat, but i think they have gone for what they know. i feel they probably don't know who would actually be the best "keeper" as you can't go on how many catches they take as this would be completely inaccurate. krem played last year and did a good job and has been a team of the year member. it will be the same thing at the end of the year - they will choose the keeper who takes the most catches or makes the most runs, but in the end i don't think anyone would know who can actually "keep"

diamond duck;289651 said:

there is no easy way to pick a keeper of the year, batter who keeps or keepers who can bat. catches mean nothing as they are generated by the bowler. maybe look at the byes or maybe the selectors actually need to go the games and watch them...!!

diamond duck;289651 said:

there is no easy way to pick a keeper of the year, batter who keeps or keepers who can bat. catches mean nothing as they are generated by the bowler. maybe look at the byes or maybe the selectors actually need to go the games and watch them...!!

Fleshy Gloveman;289602 said:

How could they have not known about Boglis? He has been a proven player for a number of years now. I agree with most things that you said. Radford has only made 1 score this year compared with Johnson and Varchione and Holmes from Yarraville who has made a truckload of runs.

Kight or Farrow would have been worthy. Farrow has been a very dangerous batsmen/wicketkeeper for a while now and can take games apart at the top of the order. Kight is only a kid but has had a fantastic start to the season and it would have been a great experience for him. Its good to see that they have given young Mitchell Streiff a game from broadmedows. Good allrounder who represented Australia U/16's in there tour of England.

Good luck to the VSDCA side.

Fleshy Gloveman;289602 said:

How could they have not known about Boglis? He has been a proven player for a number of years now. I agree with most things that you said. Radford has only made 1 score this year compared with Johnson and Varchione and Holmes from Yarraville who has made a truckload of runs.

Kight or Farrow would have been worthy. Farrow has been a very dangerous batsmen/wicketkeeper for a while now and can take games apart at the top of the order. Kight is only a kid but has had a fantastic start to the season and it would have been a great experience for him. Its good to see that they have given young Mitchell Streiff a game from broadmedows. Good allrounder who represented Australia U/16's in there tour of England.

Good luck to the VSDCA side.

Streiff is an excellent kid who should go a fair way in the game and I'm rapt for him to get this honour, but he doesn't deserve a game either. At this stage he's a bit of a Shane Watson selection – a budding allrounder who couldn't hold his spot in this side as either a bat or bowler. What's actually wrong with the selectors picking blokes on performance?! I must be from another planet.

Streiff is an excellent kid who should go a fair way in the game and I'm rapt for him to get this honour, but he doesn't deserve a game either. At this stage he's a bit of a Shane Watson selection – a budding allrounder who couldn't hold his spot in this side as either a bat or bowler. What's actually wrong with the selectors picking blokes on performance?! I must be from another planet.

Fleshy Gloveman;289659 said:

i don't disagree. i pretty much think they don't have an idea, you are talking about picking a keeper based on their ability to bat. i don't think you can do this, they need to be able to keep, and i just don't think the selectors know who can keep, so they just pick on numbers or what they know.

Fleshy Gloveman;289659 said:

i don't disagree. i pretty much think they don't have an idea, you are talking about picking a keeper based on their ability to bat. i don't think you can do this, they need to be able to keep, and i just don't think the selectors know who can keep, so they just pick on numbers or what they know.

haven't played here for a few years but hampton from st bedes/kingston is a gun with the gloves! was at ringwood a couple of years ago. bloke at willy isnt bad either

haven't played here for a few years but hampton from st bedes/kingston is a gun with the gloves! was at ringwood a couple of years ago. bloke at willy isnt bad either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back