subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Fleshy Gloveman;317515 said:
You guys are probably on the money with your predictions, but there are a few things to consider in the north-west group.

For starters, YWL and Weapons – what's the story with Rohan Smith's injury? Give us the inside story boys. Heard he was hospitalised after his hammy was ripped off the bone. Any truth, and what's the prognosis? If true, it would have to be curtains for the season for the great Bubba, a huge blow to Willi considering his value as an all-rounder who can bowl heaps of overs unchanged.

Then there's Melton's history of assembling strong sides but then choking/underperforming in finals. But maybe the new captain (Allen) might have some influence on turning things around and helping all the "cobbs" perform when it actually counts.

A team no one has mentioned is Altona. Not sure why – any thoughts? Just had a look at the ladder and noticed that if Altona win (defending 268) and Willi lose (defending 180), Altona will be back on top by four points. Melton can also be on top after this week. Very interesting...

FG - i'm obviously not ywl or old cocko weapo but i can tell you bubba has had surgery and is out for the season! apparently wont even be able to walk for 6 weeks it was that bad! tore ligaments from the bone. apparently worst injury anyone has ever seen and he said he had never had anything like that in 300 games of AFL .

You been a bit quiet since you been in the ones Weapons???????????? Wots going on??????????

You been a bit quiet since you been in the ones Weapons???????????? Wots going on??????????

Hi guys,

Based on your suggestions, you reckon that two of the sides in the South/East group will miss out on the finals? Very interesting to hear that.

Weapons has either been gagged or isn't prepared to talk up his poor performances.

Hi guys,

Based on your suggestions, you reckon that two of the sides in the South/East group will miss out on the finals? Very interesting to hear that.

Weapons has either been gagged or isn't prepared to talk up his poor performances.

p-toe;317744 said:
Hi guys,

looking forward to Box Hill v Oakleigh last game of the season. could decide a few things...

p-toe;317744 said:
Hi guys,

looking forward to Box Hill v Oakleigh last game of the season. could decide a few things...

Weapons might have finally been holstered. Correct me if I'm wrong Weapons or YWL, but Sheeds and a few other Willi boys have been at Weapons for a few seasons now to pipe down and get off this forum. Maybe the Weapon of self-destruction has been told "Your spot is on the line, sunshine – another failure and you're back in the magoos. So pull your head in on BigCricket, keep a low profile for a change and get some runs!"

That's mere speculation of course – maybe Weapons has just got RSI or some other cramp that's preventing him from posting!

Weapons might have finally been holstered. Correct me if I'm wrong Weapons or YWL, but Sheeds and a few other Willi boys have been at Weapons for a few seasons now to pipe down and get off this forum. Maybe the Weapon of self-destruction has been told "Your spot is on the line, sunshine – another failure and you're back in the magoos. So pull your head in on BigCricket, keep a low profile for a change and get some runs!"

That's mere speculation of course – maybe Weapons has just got RSI or some other cramp that's preventing him from posting!

Fleshy Gloveman;317825 said:

Lol.
I can assure you that weapons' internet is down, he will be back on asap.
The power down at Deer Park not the bees knees aparently lol.
As for Sheeds telling him to pipe down, i'm not sure, i haven't heard or been told either way.

Fleshy Gloveman;317825 said:

Lol.
I can assure you that weapons' internet is down, he will be back on asap.
The power down at Deer Park not the bees knees aparently lol.
As for Sheeds telling him to pipe down, i'm not sure, i haven't heard or been told either way.

concrete;317665 said:
FG - i'm obviously not ywl or old cocko weapo but i can tell you bubba has had surgery and is out for the season! apparently wont even be able to walk for 6 weeks it was that bad! tore ligaments from the bone. apparently worst injury anyone has ever seen and he said he had never had anything like that in 300 games of AFL .

All correct except i think the surgery is tomorrow.
He is pretty optimistic and he is confident that he will be up and running in 3 months.
Is seeing the best people so i will back him to be back.
Pity that the cricket season doesn't go for another 3 months.
So yes he is out for the rest of the season, big blow to our side.

concrete;317665 said:

All correct except i think the surgery is tomorrow.
He is pretty optimistic and he is confident that he will be up and running in 3 months.
Is seeing the best people so i will back him to be back.
Pity that the cricket season doesn't go for another 3 months.
So yes he is out for the rest of the season, big blow to our side.

You guys are probably on the money with your predictions, but there are a few things to consider in the north-west group.

For starters, YWL and Weapons – what's the story with Rohan Smith's injury? Give us the inside story boys. Heard he was hospitalised after his hammy was ripped off the bone. Any truth, and what's the prognosis? If true, it would have to be curtains for the season for the great Bubba, a huge blow to Willi considering his value as an all-rounder who can bowl heaps of overs unchanged.

Then there's Melton's history of assembling strong sides but then choking/underperforming in finals. But maybe the new captain (Allen) might have some influence on turning things around and helping all the "cobbs" perform when it actually counts.

A team no one has mentioned is Altona. Not sure why – any thoughts? Just had a look at the ladder and noticed that if Altona win (defending 268) and Willi lose (defending 180), Altona will be back on top by four points. Melton can also be on top after this week. Very interesting...

I had a look at Altona but apart from Boglis i can't see them taking too many wickets.
Sides in the finals will just sit on Boglis and attack at the other end.
Thats what Williamstown did a couple of years ago and it was effective. (Also Sheedy being dropped in that Grand Final helped a lot.)

Also Varchione will have to make stacks of runs.

I had a look at Altona but apart from Boglis i can't see them taking too many wickets.
Sides in the finals will just sit on Boglis and attack at the other end.
Thats what Williamstown did a couple of years ago and it was effective. (Also Sheedy being dropped in that Grand Final helped a lot.)

Also Varchione will have to make stacks of runs.

brightboy;317581 said:
Brighton has beaten Caulfield,Malvern and BoxHill this seasion chasing a score each time. Already got the points this game .Big game against Croydon but the winner should make finals. Seems a much more even division with 10 teams at least still in contention.

Yes they have but they are still only 4th on the ladder.
You have to beat all sides.
The South/East is much more even and stronger in my opinion.
The top 5 sides on the south/east side are as strong if not stronger than the top 2 sides in the North/West.
With Altona the 8th best side.
Box Hill are the sleeper at 5th and will go very close to not only winning the South/East side but the Championship, they have been there and done it for a few seasons now.

brightboy;317581 said:
Brighton has beaten Caulfield,Malvern and BoxHill this seasion chasing a score each time. Already got the points this game .Big game against Croydon but the winner should make finals. Seems a much more even division with 10 teams at least still in contention.

Yes they have but they are still only 4th on the ladder.
You have to beat all sides.
The South/East is much more even and stronger in my opinion.
The top 5 sides on the south/east side are as strong if not stronger than the top 2 sides in the North/West.
With Altona the 8th best side.
Box Hill are the sleeper at 5th and will go very close to not only winning the South/East side but the Championship, they have been there and done it for a few seasons now.

I just want to recognise a freakish performance.
Simon Beshara, Fleshy Glovemen's best mate bowled 38 overs on the trot to claim 4/65 against Bayswater on the weekend.
This takes his season tally to 31 wickets at 11.7, having missed a game.

Simon Beshara, Fleshy Glovemen's best mate bowled 38 overs on the trot to claim 4/65 against Bayswater on the weekend.

Beshara is the only quality player that they have got.

Given that Prabakharan didn't play, who else was going to bowl the overs?

Young Willi Lad;317854 said:

Yep, sensational stuff from an excellent subbies player. Apparently bowled his usual fast-mediums with the new ball to start with, then mediums, then resorted to spin, and then he fired up and bowled quick again once the tailenders were in. Intelligent cricket and a lion-hearted effort.

But as usual he was also up to his old tricks on the yap. Somehow the rules allowed him to field as a sub in Ormond's twos on the Sunday (they're playing a Sunday-Sunday game) and what a fine example he set. When a side pulls your pants down and violates you by making 362 in 79 overs (with an opener smashing 135 and eight other blokes making double figures), surely there can't be much to sledge about. Wrong. Even when the Baysie boys were treating it like a session at a golf driving range, crater-mouth still couldn't help himself. For God's sake man, when you're losing shut the hell up. Don't embarrass yourself. What a great example to set young players you're supposed to be developing. The prosecution rests Your Honour...

Young Willi Lad;317854 said:

Yep, sensational stuff from an excellent subbies player. Apparently bowled his usual fast-mediums with the new ball to start with, then mediums, then resorted to spin, and then he fired up and bowled quick again once the tailenders were in. Intelligent cricket and a lion-hearted effort.

But as usual he was also up to his old tricks on the yap. Somehow the rules allowed him to field as a sub in Ormond's twos on the Sunday (they're playing a Sunday-Sunday game) and what a fine example he set. When a side pulls your pants down and violates you by making 362 in 79 overs (with an opener smashing 135 and eight other blokes making double figures), surely there can't be much to sledge about. Wrong. Even when the Baysie boys were treating it like a session at a golf driving range, crater-mouth still couldn't help himself. For God's sake man, when you're losing shut the hell up. Don't embarrass yourself. What a great example to set young players you're supposed to be developing. The prosecution rests Your Honour...

Fleshy Gloveman;317994 said:

love your comments FG, can't wait to play the big fella in a few weeks and take him on...

love your comments FG, can't wait to play the big fella in a few weeks and take him on...

anchorman;318018 said:

Anchorman.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Matthew Fyfe, young kid who batted 5 for Croydon and made 46 against you on the weekend.
Has made over 200 runs in the 1's this year as a 17 year old, pretty impressive.
He has caught my eye because last year i played against him in the 2's and he batted for 45 mins and made a duck. He looked to have a good technique he just couldn't find the gaps.
He must have improved a lot because to make 46 against the Blake's and Fortington.

anchorman;318018 said:

Anchorman.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Matthew Fyfe, young kid who batted 5 for Croydon and made 46 against you on the weekend.
Has made over 200 runs in the 1's this year as a 17 year old, pretty impressive.
He has caught my eye because last year i played against him in the 2's and he batted for 45 mins and made a duck. He looked to have a good technique he just couldn't find the gaps.
He must have improved a lot because to make 46 against the Blake's and Fortington.

p-toe;317908 said:

I was just recognising his effort and commenting on it, not saying that he shouldn't have or someone else should have bowled instead just merely recognising what happened on the weekend.

p-toe;317908 said:

I was just recognising his effort and commenting on it, not saying that he shouldn't have or someone else should have bowled instead just merely recognising what happened on the weekend.

You have some amazing sources mate.
First on the Rohan Smith thing, then to find out what he bowled, then to find out about the sledging on sunday amazing stuff.
Could you let some others know where you get your info lol.

First on the Rohan Smith thing, then to find out what he bowled, then to find out about the sledging on sunday amazing stuff.

Young Willi Lad;318033 said:

I will never reveal my sources YWL, but rest assured they are impeccable... at least that's what they tell me!

I'm always listening... The truth is out there... Trust no one... (cue X Files theme)

Young Willi Lad;318033 said:

I will never reveal my sources YWL, but rest assured they are impeccable... at least that's what they tell me!

I'm always listening... The truth is out there... Trust no one... (cue X Files theme)

anchorman;318018 said:

Better invest in some ear-muffs then anchorman to drown out the sound of that big bully!

anchorman;318018 said:

Better invest in some ear-muffs then anchorman to drown out the sound of that big bully!

bucket head;318051 said:
Good stuff fg and your club would be who

No need to go into specifics bucket head. Let's just say that at best I'm a very mediocre player from the west – much like the soon to be discharged Weapon!

How about you? Where are you from?

bucket head;318051 said:
Good stuff fg and your club would be who

No need to go into specifics bucket head. Let's just say that at best I'm a very mediocre player from the west – much like the soon to be discharged Weapon!

How about you? Where are you from?

Young Willi Lad;318030 said:
Anchorman.

YWL, you are correct with that guy. he does look very good with a good technique and mindsetmiddles the ball well, but lacked the ability to penetrate the field and could not pick the gaps. he was very determined not to go out, but in the end we almost bowled too well to him as he hardly looked to score much and just stayed in. if he learns to spread the field, then pick off the gaps he could potentially be a quality player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back