subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Young Willi Lad;318030 said:
Anchorman.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Matthew Fyfe, young kid who batted 5 for Croydon and made 46 against you on the weekend.
Has made over 200 runs in the 1's this year as a 17 year old, pretty impressive.
He has caught my eye because last year i played against him in the 2's and he batted for 45 mins and made a duck. He looked to have a good technique he just couldn't find the gaps.
He must have improved a lot because to make 46 against the Blake's and Fortington.

YWL, you are correct with that guy. he does look very good with a good technique and mindsetmiddles the ball well, but lacked the ability to penetrate the field and could not pick the gaps. he was very determined not to go out, but in the end we almost bowled too well to him as he hardly looked to score much and just stayed in. if he learns to spread the field, then pick off the gaps he could potentially be a quality player

Fleshy Gloveman;317994 said:
Yep, sensational stuff from an excellent subbies player. Apparently bowled his usual fast-mediums with the new ball to start with, then mediums, then resorted to spin, and then he fired up and bowled quick again once the tailenders were in. Intelligent cricket and a lion-hearted effort.

But as usual he was also up to his old tricks on the yap. Somehow the rules allowed him to field as a sub in Ormond's twos on the Sunday (they're playing a Sunday-Sunday game) and what a fine example he set. When a side pulls your pants down and violates you by making 362 in 79 overs (with an opener smashing 135 and eight other blokes making double figures), surely there can't be much to sledge about. Wrong. Even when the Baysie boys were treating it like a session at a golf driving range, crater-mouth still couldn't help himself. For God's sake man, when you're losing shut the hell up. Don't embarrass yourself. What a great example to set young players you're supposed to be developing. The prosecution rests Your Honour...
I'm sick and tired of you personally attacking Ormond Coach Simon Beshara. Curious to know whether you have been coached by him ? Cause I have and he has been superb. He has united the club and turned it around from a shambles to a club on the rise. Having played under him he can be extremely tough yet he has always ensured we approached the game professionally yet enjoyed our cricket along the way. Having been coached by him in juniors and also been involved in games he has played in I can say that he does lead by example and is luved by all juniors. I think maybe you should toughen up and stop sooking on a cricket forum.
He is a great player, great bloke and great coach.
Also heard he might be joining the bigcricket forum hahahahahaha

Fleshy Gloveman;317994 said:
Yep, sensational stuff from an excellent subbies player. Apparently bowled his usual fast-mediums with the new ball to start with, then mediums, then resorted to spin, and then he fired up and bowled quick again once the tailenders were in. Intelligent cricket and a lion-hearted effort.

But as usual he was also up to his old tricks on the yap. Somehow the rules allowed him to field as a sub in Ormond's twos on the Sunday (they're playing a Sunday-Sunday game) and what a fine example he set. When a side pulls your pants down and violates you by making 362 in 79 overs (with an opener smashing 135 and eight other blokes making double figures), surely there can't be much to sledge about. Wrong. Even when the Baysie boys were treating it like a session at a golf driving range, crater-mouth still couldn't help himself. For God's sake man, when you're losing shut the hell up. Don't embarrass yourself. What a great example to set young players you're supposed to be developing. The prosecution rests Your Honour...
I'm sick and tired of you personally attacking Ormond Coach Simon Beshara. Curious to know whether you have been coached by him ? Cause I have and he has been superb. He has united the club and turned it around from a shambles to a club on the rise. Having played under him he can be extremely tough yet he has always ensured we approached the game professionally yet enjoyed our cricket along the way. Having been coached by him in juniors and also been involved in games he has played in I can say that he does lead by example and is luved by all juniors. I think maybe you should toughen up and stop sooking on a cricket forum.
He is a great player, great bloke and great coach.
Also heard he might be joining the bigcricket forum hahahahahaha

Let him join up and defend himself.

The public perception is pretty much that he is a very good player who fails to carry himself in a manner that portrays the Spirit of Cricket

Let him join up and defend himself.

The public perception is pretty much that he is a very good player who fails to carry himself in a manner that portrays the Spirit of Cricket

first time poster lads
what's all this crap about spirit of cricket? Has it ever got one of you a wicket or a run? If Beshara can use it to his advanatge why not - never stopped the likes of Walker, Norton, Herman, Whiteside in years gone by. I say play hard on and off the field!

By the way anyone heard why the scores at Coburg were so low yesterday? Is the wicket really bad or did they have a LOCAL heatwave?

first time poster lads
what's all this crap about spirit of cricket? Has it ever got one of you a wicket or a run? If Beshara can use it to his advanatge why not - never stopped the likes of Walker, Norton, Herman, Whiteside in years gone by. I say play hard on and off the field!

By the way anyone heard why the scores at Coburg were so low yesterday? Is the wicket really bad or did they have a LOCAL heatwave?

opinionated;319387 said:
first time poster lads

Think everyone needs to get a bit tougher,way too many soft ***** playing subbie cricket.Played against all of the above and could names many more of the like.I do laugh at times because half these blokes that want to have a crack only do it 2nd week when their bowling...lol.Least by the sounds of things the bully has a crack all the time........keep it up big fella!!

opinionated;319387 said:
first time poster lads

Think everyone needs to get a bit tougher,way too many soft ***** playing subbie cricket.Played against all of the above and could names many more of the like.I do laugh at times because half these blokes that want to have a crack only do it 2nd week when their bowling...lol.Least by the sounds of things the bully has a crack all the time........keep it up big fella!!

bucket head has nailed it - althought the one's with ability had a crack both weeks
The heat policy is the same bullsh*t rule as under 17 players not being able to bowl for more than an hour. Next thing you know we'll be handing out skirts!
As for Preston, if Doggie gets going (my god he's due) then who knows what he can do. Maybe turn the lights out - he does perform well after dark!
Prett hard to go against the cash at Caulfield - how does Fergie fit in with those blokes?

bucket head has nailed it - althought the one's with ability had a crack both weeks
The heat policy is the same bullsh*t rule as under 17 players not being able to bowl for more than an hour. Next thing you know we'll be handing out skirts!
As for Preston, if Doggie gets going (my god he's due) then who knows what he can do. Maybe turn the lights out - he does perform well after dark!
Prett hard to go against the cash at Caulfield - how does Fergie fit in with those blokes?

mondo21 – don't get those skid-marked undies in a knot. While I admire your loyalty to your coach/mate, your loyalty is blind because you're overlooking a fault that reflects poorly on your club. p-toe hit the nail on the head – "The public perception is pretty much that he is a very good player who fails to carry himself in a manner that portrays the Spirit of Cricket". I'd go further than that and say it's not just perception, it's fact. If he was my teammate/coach, I'd be rapt with his stats but embarrassed/angry with his conduct.

mondo21 you say i need to "toughen up and stop sooking". Fair enough, but let's turn it around and look at how tough sledging actually is. For starters, it's 11 vs 2 (very courageous I must say) and it allows wimps to gob off while hiding behind 10 mates. It's the cowardly mob mentality. If they spoke to you like that on the street or even on a footy field you'd be within your rights to punch their big mouth loose. (But it would be insane to react that way to a massive unit like Beshara!) There's also a difference between witty gamesmanship sledging and downright abuse sledging, and from my experience and knowledge Beshara isn't very well versed in wit. You can still play the game hard without all the other BS. You should try it sometime. You never know, maybe your club would be viewed better by others.

And 'opinionated' – so you don't think it's important to play within the spirit of cricket? That says more about you than it does about me. It's a cliche but surely sport isn't just about whether you win or lose but also how you play the game – that's if you care about your reputation. The players you mentioned definitely had the umps bluffed with their reputations and strong personalities and virtually umpired games themselves, which should never happen. I know more about Norton than the others and he definitely took the game into disrepute, even when he should have been mellowing in his 50s. After one match he pushed an ump up against a wall and got only 2 weeks for it. Should've got 2 years. That's half the problem. Umps are reluctant to report players because they know they'll just get a slap on the wrist. So the circus continues.

Werribee and Coburg didn't play at all yesterday. They were the overnight scores. I'm led to believe they invoked a rule where if it reached a certain temperature both captains could agree to end the game. It seems a strange decision from Edwards the Coburg captain, especially with Mick Lewis spitting chips after being sledged by the Werribee boys. With Lewis in a homicidal rage, they might have won outright – with 6 retired hurt! Hey mondo21, it seems mad Mick can't handle sledging either. Maybe he also needs to harden the f--- up. I'd like to see you tell him that!

mondo21 – don't get those skid-marked undies in a knot. While I admire your loyalty to your coach/mate, your loyalty is blind because you're overlooking a fault that reflects poorly on your club. p-toe hit the nail on the head – "The public perception is pretty much that he is a very good player who fails to carry himself in a manner that portrays the Spirit of Cricket". I'd go further than that and say it's not just perception, it's fact. If he was my teammate/coach, I'd be rapt with his stats but embarrassed/angry with his conduct.

mondo21 you say i need to "toughen up and stop sooking". Fair enough, but let's turn it around and look at how tough sledging actually is. For starters, it's 11 vs 2 (very courageous I must say) and it allows wimps to gob off while hiding behind 10 mates. It's the cowardly mob mentality. If they spoke to you like that on the street or even on a footy field you'd be within your rights to punch their big mouth loose. (But it would be insane to react that way to a massive unit like Beshara!) There's also a difference between witty gamesmanship sledging and downright abuse sledging, and from my experience and knowledge Beshara isn't very well versed in wit. You can still play the game hard without all the other BS. You should try it sometime. You never know, maybe your club would be viewed better by others.

And 'opinionated' – so you don't think it's important to play within the spirit of cricket? That says more about you than it does about me. It's a cliche but surely sport isn't just about whether you win or lose but also how you play the game – that's if you care about your reputation. The players you mentioned definitely had the umps bluffed with their reputations and strong personalities and virtually umpired games themselves, which should never happen. I know more about Norton than the others and he definitely took the game into disrepute, even when he should have been mellowing in his 50s. After one match he pushed an ump up against a wall and got only 2 weeks for it. Should've got 2 years. That's half the problem. Umps are reluctant to report players because they know they'll just get a slap on the wrist. So the circus continues.

Werribee and Coburg didn't play at all yesterday. They were the overnight scores. I'm led to believe they invoked a rule where if it reached a certain temperature both captains could agree to end the game. It seems a strange decision from Edwards the Coburg captain, especially with Mick Lewis spitting chips after being sledged by the Werribee boys. With Lewis in a homicidal rage, they might have won outright – with 6 retired hurt! Hey mondo21, it seems mad Mick can't handle sledging either. Maybe he also needs to harden the f--- up. I'd like to see you tell him that!

interested to know the public percerption of the Ormond Cricket Club. Would you care to elaborate ? R you also claiming Beshara hides behind 10 other team mates and only fires up when in the field hahahahaha(just proves you don't know him). Although I've generally played lower grades I can promise you we r far more professional than most clubs and are doing the right things to improve our ladder positions. How can you sit back and sledge a club and our coach without knowing how we operate. Has Beshara ever been sledged ? sure he has and I'm sure he can cop it.
NO1 fan lol ormond boys understand that

interested to know the public percerption of the Ormond Cricket Club. Would you care to elaborate ? R you also claiming Beshara hides behind 10 other team mates and only fires up when in the field hahahahaha(just proves you don't know him). Although I've generally played lower grades I can promise you we r far more professional than most clubs and are doing the right things to improve our ladder positions. How can you sit back and sledge a club and our coach without knowing how we operate. Has Beshara ever been sledged ? sure he has and I'm sure he can cop it.
NO1 fan lol ormond boys understand that

Hey FG, are you still playing juniors? Don't like being spoken too? I'm suprised you have the proverbials to write back here!
Anyone that says that it's how they play game is cr*p. We get remembered for flags and championships - nobody gives a rats tossbag about who won the Spirit of Cricket last year. Maybe you should eat some of that humble pie you are offering out and toughen up! Norton should have been booked for life after he belted that bloke a couple of years ago and Walker, Herman and Whiteside bluffed the umpires I agree. Benny was the only bloke who didn't take any sh*t from them - need more umpires like him we say! Beshara doesn't hide behind anyone - have you seen the size of this bloke! Refer back to people like Hawkins, Gilchrist and Orelli (now ther's someone with absolutely NO ability) who knew exactly how to use the system of hiding behind people. Chuck in Wildsmith as well - he's pretty good at the gab with plenty of back up!

Interesting info Coburg v Werribee - me think something else went on here FG - please investigate!

As for public perception of Ormond - this hasn't been good for years - Harper certianly helped with that. Mind you public perception of Brighton and Weribbe has not been greta and they have all won flags over the last 10 years - so maybe they just don't care! Toughen up monodo21 - anyone can jump in a forum and put it on a club they know nothing about. Some call it faceless sledging (read your onw comments FG), some call it stupidity. Maybe you should look in your own backyard! Peopls' perception will be combined by gossip among the lads with ladder pefromance which equals a perception of not travelling too well. Mondo21 why don't you invite FG down to an Ormond training session one night for a bit of a look - that might change "public perception"

Hey FG, are you still playing juniors? Don't like being spoken too? I'm suprised you have the proverbials to write back here!
Anyone that says that it's how they play game is cr*p. We get remembered for flags and championships - nobody gives a rats tossbag about who won the Spirit of Cricket last year. Maybe you should eat some of that humble pie you are offering out and toughen up! Norton should have been booked for life after he belted that bloke a couple of years ago and Walker, Herman and Whiteside bluffed the umpires I agree. Benny was the only bloke who didn't take any sh*t from them - need more umpires like him we say! Beshara doesn't hide behind anyone - have you seen the size of this bloke! Refer back to people like Hawkins, Gilchrist and Orelli (now ther's someone with absolutely NO ability) who knew exactly how to use the system of hiding behind people. Chuck in Wildsmith as well - he's pretty good at the gab with plenty of back up!

Interesting info Coburg v Werribee - me think something else went on here FG - please investigate!

As for public perception of Ormond - this hasn't been good for years - Harper certianly helped with that. Mind you public perception of Brighton and Weribbe has not been greta and they have all won flags over the last 10 years - so maybe they just don't care! Toughen up monodo21 - anyone can jump in a forum and put it on a club they know nothing about. Some call it faceless sledging (read your onw comments FG), some call it stupidity. Maybe you should look in your own backyard! Peopls' perception will be combined by gossip among the lads with ladder pefromance which equals a perception of not travelling too well. Mondo21 why don't you invite FG down to an Ormond training session one night for a bit of a look - that might change "public perception"

Gee whiz. It looks like the pandora's box of worms has been opened up in relation to Simon Beshara.

Yes, Ormond seem to be getting better as they should be given that they are in the 3rd year of a 5 year plan. Yes, they do have emerging players coming through; Dylan George and Jack Singleton are reflections of that. As is the success of their Hatch problem.

I will put it bluntly. Beshara carries on like a pork chop/spoilt brat/ordinary park football player. The days when Orelli, Herman, Whiteside, Wildsmith Norton, etc.. played are a bygone era and things have changed a bit since then.

How many players these days carry on like Simon Beshara?

We need more competent umpires, full stop.

Gee whiz. It looks like the pandora's box of worms has been opened up in relation to Simon Beshara.

Yes, Ormond seem to be getting better as they should be given that they are in the 3rd year of a 5 year plan. Yes, they do have emerging players coming through; Dylan George and Jack Singleton are reflections of that. As is the success of their Hatch problem.

I will put it bluntly. Beshara carries on like a pork chop/spoilt brat/ordinary park football player. The days when Orelli, Herman, Whiteside, Wildsmith Norton, etc.. played are a bygone era and things have changed a bit since then.

How many players these days carry on like Simon Beshara?

We need more competent umpires, full stop.

Why can't people give credit where it's due. Simon Beshara was the person who turned the hatch program around, he has significantly changed the culture within the Ormond Cricket Club but people have given him no credit. You mention these names when did they play ? is it okay for clubs to cheer mistakes or yell abuse from the sidelines cause from what I've heard the vast majority of Sub District Clubs do this but can assure you Ormond don't'. Double standards from every1 on this site.

Why can't people give credit where it's due. Simon Beshara was the person who turned the hatch program around, he has significantly changed the culture within the Ormond Cricket Club but people have given him no credit. You mention these names when did they play ? is it okay for clubs to cheer mistakes or yell abuse from the sidelines cause from what I've heard the vast majority of Sub District Clubs do this but can assure you Ormond don't'. Double standards from every1 on this site.

diamond duck;320005 said:
werribee refused to take the field is the story that i got. anyone else hear that?

It seems that Werribee captain envoked the "extreme heat policy", I ask you how can a captain do that when it only only got to 30.4 celsius, or maybe after his teams disgusting way the carried on at stumps the first day they were to scared to face Mick Lewis.

When will the rule makers of the Subbies put on their website and weather recording when you can envoke the "extreme heat policy", surely it must be when it is about 40 celsius.

diamond duck;320005 said:
werribee refused to take the field is the story that i got. anyone else hear that?

It seems that Werribee captain envoked the "extreme heat policy", I ask you how can a captain do that when it only only got to 30.4 celsius, or maybe after his teams disgusting way the carried on at stumps the first day they were to scared to face Mick Lewis.

When will the rule makers of the Subbies put on their website and weather recording when you can envoke the "extreme heat policy", surely it must be when it is about 40 celsius.

The Sh1t has hit the fan in relation to Beshara.
I cannot comment on that but on Saturday Bundoora's 2nd XI side who had already lost the match personally attacked one of Willi's players for a good 10 mins.
That isn't in the "spirit of the game" especially when he was getting batting advice from a no.10 that played one of the worst shots in cricket history.
Sledging is definatly a part of the game and cricket is better with it in my opinion.
It shows that people are passionate about the game and want to win and will do anything to win it.
However personal attacks are not sledging and they do not have a part in the game.
As FG said sledging is a lot better when used with a bit of wit and fun. Personal attacks never involve wit or fun.

The Sh1t has hit the fan in relation to Beshara.
I cannot comment on that but on Saturday Bundoora's 2nd XI side who had already lost the match personally attacked one of Willi's players for a good 10 mins.
That isn't in the "spirit of the game" especially when he was getting batting advice from a no.10 that played one of the worst shots in cricket history.
Sledging is definatly a part of the game and cricket is better with it in my opinion.
It shows that people are passionate about the game and want to win and will do anything to win it.
However personal attacks are not sledging and they do not have a part in the game.
As FG said sledging is a lot better when used with a bit of wit and fun. Personal attacks never involve wit or fun.

mondo21;320038 said:

we've got him this week, so will be interested in seeing how he performs on the field. i remember getting a mouthful the last time we played him. but in the end, all anyone should do is ignore it and worry about their own game. if he wants to gob off, let him - he is the one who holds that whole side together.

mondo21;320038 said:

we've got him this week, so will be interested in seeing how he performs on the field. i remember getting a mouthful the last time we played him. but in the end, all anyone should do is ignore it and worry about their own game. if he wants to gob off, let him - he is the one who holds that whole side together.

Obviously Werribee have a different interpretation of " the spirit of cricket"

I thought this game was a summer sport, not a skirt sport!

And really Mondo21 - get your head of our the clouds and get back to the real world. Sledging IS a part of the game and should be used effectively - but not personally! If you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen (or off the ground in Werribee's case!) Every club including your own cheer mistakes from the boundary line in a heated match - no doubt about that. Don't make out like Ormond atre angels, becuase that they aren't!

Agree that Beshara has worked wonders after the dead wood left, however it's not a one man show down there from what I know! He's just one spoke in a wheel and bleeds like the rest of us. This week will be interesting when they take on Box Hill - let's see how the mouth from the Mond takes on Blakey and his mates!

I still think Caulfield will take home the big one after their run chase on the weekend. It's amazing what money can buy!

Obviously Werribee have a different interpretation of " the spirit of cricket"

I thought this game was a summer sport, not a skirt sport!

And really Mondo21 - get your head of our the clouds and get back to the real world. Sledging IS a part of the game and should be used effectively - but not personally! If you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen (or off the ground in Werribee's case!) Every club including your own cheer mistakes from the boundary line in a heated match - no doubt about that. Don't make out like Ormond atre angels, becuase that they aren't!

Agree that Beshara has worked wonders after the dead wood left, however it's not a one man show down there from what I know! He's just one spoke in a wheel and bleeds like the rest of us. This week will be interesting when they take on Box Hill - let's see how the mouth from the Mond takes on Blakey and his mates!

I still think Caulfield will take home the big one after their run chase on the weekend. It's amazing what money can buy!

can say Ormond don't cheer misfields, injuries or dropped catches. 4 captains are strong on this despite what you may think

can say Ormond don't cheer misfields, injuries or dropped catches. 4 captains are strong on this despite what you may think

mondo21 - you are definitely living in the clouds - don't fall off that pedastool and choke yourself. Who do you think you are kidding? Are you talking about Ormond's junior sides?????

Anchorman - open you mouth at your own peril re Beshara holding the side together. A few experienced old heads in that side may let you rue your comments. I can tell you from experience - have been on the receiving end of an Oaten demolition, Meyer got runs last week and that short bloke up the top with the mouth is well overdue! he's smashed us before in my time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back