subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

*DaNcE HeRo*;201681 said:
hahahahaha p-toe, silly comment, he would be on at least 10g's

Yeah agree with that.

Local cricket is going through a funny stage at present with regard to paying players. It's taken for granted that some players will turn up every week to give there all, all for the enjoyment of the game whereas your 'professional' player and others get paid huge wads of money for doing the same. I agree that clubs need to attract 'marquee' players to lift the performance of the team, but what of the rest??

I am not having a go at anyone in particular here, but does seem strange to me. Personally I think the money should be shared around a bit more.

*DaNcE HeRo*;201681 said:
hahahahaha p-toe, silly comment, he would be on at least 10g's

Yeah agree with that.

Local cricket is going through a funny stage at present with regard to paying players. It's taken for granted that some players will turn up every week to give there all, all for the enjoyment of the game whereas your 'professional' player and others get paid huge wads of money for doing the same. I agree that clubs need to attract 'marquee' players to lift the performance of the team, but what of the rest??

I am not having a go at anyone in particular here, but does seem strange to me. Personally I think the money should be shared around a bit more.

Oakleigh play Bayswater. We follow Williamstown's fixturing.

I did say at least $3,000. The reality is that he would be getting more than that. I suppose beer sales and subs would cover it though.

I don't know what JT is getting.

Oakleigh play Bayswater. We follow Williamstown's fixturing.

I did say at least $3,000. The reality is that he would be getting more than that. I suppose beer sales and subs would cover it though.

I don't know what JT is getting.

Hy,Ptoe,I reckon $10,000 would be about the mark for most quality pros.
Was mercenary Vimpani really on $20,ooo or is that urban myth?

Hy,Ptoe,I reckon $10,000 would be about the mark for most quality pros.
Was mercenary Vimpani really on $20,ooo or is that urban myth?

That's quite conceivable,I think it's their President who's their backer,multi millionaire racehorse owner.
At least Craig went back to his original club as did Sheedy and Bartlett which I admire.

That's quite conceivable,I think it's their President who's their backer,multi millionaire racehorse owner.
At least Craig went back to his original club as did Sheedy and Bartlett which I admire.

Piston Broke;201804 said:

I agree about going to back to home clubs, but my mail which i believe is pretty good is craig 0n 28,000 and bartlett on 15,000. Also heard dale on 18,000 and ayres on 15,000. And you cant tell me that malvern dont pay monto and craig and johnno,just to name 3

Piston Broke;201804 said:

I agree about going to back to home clubs, but my mail which i believe is pretty good is craig 0n 28,000 and bartlett on 15,000. Also heard dale on 18,000 and ayres on 15,000. And you cant tell me that malvern dont pay monto and craig and johnno,just to name 3

bucket head;201809 said:

ranga would be worth a few bob too i reckon, ex melton player has won a 1st 11 flag with us in his younger days, would love him at our club now.

bucket head;201809 said:

ranga would be worth a few bob too i reckon, ex melton player has won a 1st 11 flag with us in his younger days, would love him at our club now.

*DaNcE HeRo*;201811 said:

forgot about kalpage,that makes five.Hey dance ever noticed that ranga bowls from the most experienced umpires end as not to have his quicker one get a mention??

forgot about kalpage,that makes five.Hey dance ever noticed that ranga bowls from the most experienced umpires end as not to have his quicker one get a mention??

Ranga still throwing them? When will someone have the chutzpah to call him?

My sources tell me that Bartlett is on less than $10,000.

If Dale is on $18,000 then he has taken a pay cut.

was that in 1997........?
long time between drinks dont you think D.H..........

was that in 1997........?
long time between drinks dont you think D.H..........

p-toe;201813 said:

ive herd an urban myth about dale...........what have we started here....lol

this was when he first started.......10g's and had his kids tuition paid for........at parade college.......has 2 billy lids and that equates to 30g's.....15g's each a year for as long as he has been playing........any 1 herd anything similar.........?

p-toe;201813 said:

this was when he first started.......10g's and had his kids tuition paid for........at parade college.......has 2 billy lids and that equates to 30g's.....15g's each a year for as long as he has been playing........any 1 herd anything similar.........?

weapons05/06;201815 said:

yeh i heard the same thing when he first started with the club paying for his kids schooling... $15,000 for ayres?? mmmm.... would he have been on that at malvern? i dont know whether he would be on 15?? anyone else?

weapons05/06;201815 said:

yeh i heard the same thing when he first started with the club paying for his kids schooling... $15,000 for ayres?? mmmm.... would he have been on that at malvern? i dont know whether he would be on 15?? anyone else?

Not disputing that Dale's kids fees were paid,but Parade College is just a Catholic school like CBC,St Bedes etc,perhaps $3000 a year,not much more.
I heard Ayres ws only on $8000 at Malvern so I couldn't believe he'd be on anything like 15k especially in the twilight of his career,grossly overpaid if he is.As for Dale I've only seen him bowl a couple of times and he 's certainly not worth 18-20k at his age.Yarraville Club must have inflated the market.

Not disputing that Dale's kids fees were paid,but Parade College is just a Catholic school like CBC,St Bedes etc,perhaps $3000 a year,not much more.
I heard Ayres ws only on $8000 at Malvern so I couldn't believe he'd be on anything like 15k especially in the twilight of his career,grossly overpaid if he is.As for Dale I've only seen him bowl a couple of times and he 's certainly not worth 18-20k at his age.Yarraville Club must have inflated the market.

Doesnt matter what they get paid, its if they perform what counts.

Brad O'Shea was the best player in the comp, unfortunately left Elsternwick but was an absolute freak of a player.

Doesnt matter what they get paid, its if they perform what counts.

Brad O'Shea was the best player in the comp, unfortunately left Elsternwick but was an absolute freak of a player.

weapons05/06;201677 said:
hahaha 3 grand........he'd be worth more than 3 grand dont you think........?yes he is the only 1 as well as the coach i think im not sure about the coach though.......

how much does your cap get......more than 3 g's for sure.......but i do agree with you its unfair on the other clubs who do the right thing.......and abide by the rules......

Sheeds would not be on 3,000 he would have to be on about 15,000-20,000....rumour had it that he was going to go back to Premier this season so for him to stay he would have had to have been offered some good cash...

weapons05/06;201677 said:
hahaha 3 grand........he'd be worth more than 3 grand dont you think........?yes he is the only 1 as well as the coach i think im not sure about the coach though.......

how much does your cap get......more than 3 g's for sure.......but i do agree with you its unfair on the other clubs who do the right thing.......and abide by the rules......

Sheeds would not be on 3,000 he would have to be on about 15,000-20,000....rumour had it that he was going to go back to Premier this season so for him to stay he would have had to have been offered some good cash...

bucket head;201809 said:

You blokes talk a lot of rubbish about stuff you know nothing about.
Half the rumours and crap that you go on about you make up yourselves on here.

bucket head;201809 said:

simmo;201938 said:

So are you in the know then simmo,spoke to 2 blokes last week that actually spoke to craig about playing with there club and he said dont bother talking to me for less than 30000

simmo;201938 said:

So are you in the know then simmo,spoke to 2 blokes last week that actually spoke to craig about playing with there club and he said dont bother talking to me for less than 30000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back