subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

bucket head;324493 said:
Good to see the ormond young lads have listened to you weapons and retreated

gee thats a positive post there b/h........caulfield looking the goods atm..........

people posting has nothing to do with me but seriously enough was enough.......

any news b/h.........

1sts willy v altona last game of the year looks like being a one dayer on the sunday.......bushfire appeal day..........lots of people raising some good coin to help with what has happened in vic over the last couple of weeks great idea i recon........hopefully the game is for top spot as well.........even bigger day if it was........

thoughts???

overstepped;324796 said:
Gents first time poster - few of the old lads wanted me to get on here and make some laughs on a Friday afternoon. Looks like quite a few Ormond boys are trying to take over the world!

gee that was funny...........:eek:

keep up your good work;)

overstepped;324796 said:
Gents first time poster - few of the old lads wanted me to get on here and make some laughs on a Friday afternoon. Looks like quite a few Ormond boys are trying to take over the world!

keep up your good work;)

weapons05/06;324902 said:

keep up your good work;)

thanks for the positive feedback weapons - will work on my material for any future postings! Need to get back amongst the fold to find out what the hell is going on with subbie cricket! What's this heat policy - never happened in my time - just extra drink breaks! What is the world coming too?

weapons05/06;324902 said:

keep up your good work;)

thanks for the positive feedback weapons - will work on my material for any future postings! Need to get back amongst the fold to find out what the hell is going on with subbie cricket! What's this heat policy - never happened in my time - just extra drink breaks! What is the world coming too?

all eyes on sam dalton at box hill oval today
rumors are hes been in great form in the nets
get over there weapons to watch cricket in its most pure form with the Daltons technique, even Beshara will take a back seat to Dalton today

get over there weapons to watch cricket in its most pure form with the Daltons technique, even Beshara will take a back seat to Dalton today

nephs one;325078 said:

yeah id want to go n watch some kid bat at 8 or 9.........:eek:

tough loss again for willy today...........out batted out bowled and out fielded........20 something extra's dont help..........also losing 5 for 7............in the middle of our innings...........:eek:

2's smacked balwyn.............ywl.........??? a couple of good innings chasing over 220 odd...........great win

nephs one;325078 said:

tough loss again for willy today...........out batted out bowled and out fielded........20 something extra's dont help..........also losing 5 for 7............in the middle of our innings...........:eek:

2's smacked balwyn.............ywl.........??? a couple of good innings chasing over 220 odd...........great win

weapons05/06;325180 said:

Twas a great win Weapons.
The ones loss is very disappointing. C Smith only 2.3 overs again:confused:
We bowled ok but nothing special and Balwyn made 210.
We got off to a flier.
Mostly thanks to Cam D'Altera who got 65 off 57(run out at the bowlers end deflected off the bowler) he would have got a ton.
Then freeman 107 not out who has been a sensational player at subbies 2's level for a number of years now and Ben Davis the come back king got 41 not out and saw us home.
Great win that keeps us in the hunt for finals.

We got off to a flier.
Mostly thanks to Cam D'Altera who got 65 off 57(run out at the bowlers end deflected off the bowler) he would have got a ton.
Then freeman 107 not out who has been a sensational player at subbies 2's level for a number of years now and Ben Davis the come back king got 41 not out and saw us home.

nephs one;325078 said:

Dalton batted at 9 and made 6.
Must be a freak because that sends his season tally to 58 runs.
Run machine.

nephs one;325078 said:

Dalton batted at 9 and made 6.
Must be a freak because that sends his season tally to 58 runs.
Run machine.

YWL,

While Sam Dalton hasn't made that many runs in the ones, they are probably that many more than what you have made in the ones for your club.

Walk the walk before you talk the talk.

YWL,

While Sam Dalton hasn't made that many runs in the ones, they are probably that many more than what you have made in the ones for your club.

Young Willi Lad;325247 said:
We got off to a flier.

"Would Have" got another ton,geee he can play that fella.....:p

Young Willi Lad;325247 said:
We got off to a flier.

"Would Have" got another ton,geee he can play that fella.....:p

p-toe;325318 said:
YWL,

I've played 1 game in the ones and got 3 not out. So that's only 40 less that Dalton has made. He is also playing for a lot weaker club than mine and i imagine it would be a lot easier to get into the Ormond middle order than the Williamstown middle order.
No one is on here pumping my tires up and saying how good i am and if they were they would be wrong because i haven't done anything to deserve it.
The same with Dalton IMO.
How many have you made in the ones P-Toe the anonymous scorer.

p-toe;325318 said:
YWL,

I've played 1 game in the ones and got 3 not out. So that's only 40 less that Dalton has made. He is also playing for a lot weaker club than mine and i imagine it would be a lot easier to get into the Ormond middle order than the Williamstown middle order.
No one is on here pumping my tires up and saying how good i am and if they were they would be wrong because i haven't done anything to deserve it.
The same with Dalton IMO.
How many have you made in the ones P-Toe the anonymous scorer.

I just want to congradulate Travis Dean a former Werribee junior player and the winner of two Ist XI batting averages at the club who made his debut for Footscray Edgewater in the ones yesterday and made 91.
He is only 16 that boy and he will play for Australia.
Ormond boys how about you pump this fellar's tires' up.

I just want to congradulate Travis Dean a former Werribee junior player and the winner of two Ist XI batting averages at the club who made his debut for Footscray Edgewater in the ones yesterday and made 91.
He is only 16 that boy and he will play for Australia.
Ormond boys how about you pump this fellar's tires' up.

opinionated;324829 said:
anchorman;324803 said:
no one has yet to be spoken to...he would be handy!! but i don't think he is ready to leave district cricket yet[/QUOT

c'mon anchorman - tell the thruth - BH have a hitlist a mile long! Dart is definitely on it and word is he is more than ready for a change!

Makes sense tho, BH is where lots of old Hawks go to die... I think Dart would look at another premier club first because he's still a star, but yep, I've heard he's ready for a change too...

opinionated;324829 said:
anchorman;324803 said:
no one has yet to be spoken to...he would be handy!! but i don't think he is ready to leave district cricket yet[/QUOT

c'mon anchorman - tell the thruth - BH have a hitlist a mile long! Dart is definitely on it and word is he is more than ready for a change!

Makes sense tho, BH is where lots of old Hawks go to die... I think Dart would look at another premier club first because he's still a star, but yep, I've heard he's ready for a change too...

hussler;325660 said:
How do you know that young fella????:confused:

Just the contrast in standards.
I believe D'Altera will go onto play district cricket in the next couple of years.
Shouldn't take him that long to make it into the 2's there.
That compared to the wonderful WDCA B turf level is a huge contrast.
Just an opinion to mate;)

hussler;325660 said:
How do you know that young fella????:confused:

I believe D'Altera will go onto play district cricket in the next couple of years.

what happened here wepp? choked?

concrete;325788 said:

just didnt apply ourselves with the bat........some ordinary shots me included......

melton ,preston,altona, willy top 4 at the moment kew and bundoora breathing down our necks........preston being the form team at the moment melton not to far behind........

as for choking i wouldnt think so........outplayed i would say.......

as we are not there yet 1 win would see us there......and i wouldnt mind seeing melton in the first semi........what u recon.......?

what about the funniest thing ive ever seen on the cricket field.........on sat balwyn's no 11 come out to bat helmet gloves thigh pad and a bat.......lol......come out with no pads on what a dill.........walked all but 20 mtrs on the ground and we were going wtf........laughing teamates in the grandstand saw him turn around back into the rooms to put on pads.....and was 30 sec's away from being timed out........bahahaha.......

concrete;325788 said:

just didnt apply ourselves with the bat........some ordinary shots me included......

melton ,preston,altona, willy top 4 at the moment kew and bundoora breathing down our necks........preston being the form team at the moment melton not to far behind........

as we are not there yet 1 win would see us there......and i wouldnt mind seeing melton in the first semi........what u recon.......?

what about the funniest thing ive ever seen on the cricket field.........on sat balwyn's no 11 come out to bat helmet gloves thigh pad and a bat.......lol......come out with no pads on what a dill.........walked all but 20 mtrs on the ground and we were going wtf........laughing teamates in the grandstand saw him turn around back into the rooms to put on pads.....and was 30 sec's away from being timed out........bahahaha.......

weapons05/06;325866 said:

Certainly were.

Weapons thought he was Adam Gilchrist and got a bit carried away after hitting a couple of nice 4's.

Certainly were.

Weapons thought he was Adam Gilchrist and got a bit carried away after hitting a couple of nice 4's.

Young Willi Lad;325711 said:

Ive been told hes got no hope of playing any higher than he is cos he is a hero!!!!!! havent always been old + played B-Turf champ!! subbies 2s aint nothing to write home about!!!!

Young Willi Lad;325711 said:

Ive been told hes got no hope of playing any higher than he is cos he is a hero!!!!!! havent always been old + played B-Turf champ!! subbies 2s aint nothing to write home about!!!!

Lol sounds funny as.
Williamstown are going have to improve significantly before finals if they are going to beat n e 1 in the top 4 let alone Melton.
Hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back