subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

*DaNcE HeRo*;339973 said:
hahahahahaha i seriously cant believe your club claims that the grass was mowed on saturday night!! its hard enough getting the the grass mowed during the week by the council, let alone 11pm on a saturday night, get serious!! i suppose you just need an excuse, if that makes you guys feel better about yourselves well continue thinking that. at the end of the day the 'melton ferals won the flag on their own dungheap' isnt that how it goes??? ;)

and weapons, why wouldnt i post now?? seems like the perfect time doesnt it?? 3 flags? proud of the clubs achievements

Congratulations on the win DH and to the rest of the club.
Amazing effort getting 4 sides into the grand final and for 3 sides to get up.
Also well done to your boys P-Toe, stayed under the radar all year with sides like Malvern, Caulfield, Box Hill and Brighton getting all the attention but you were better than all of them so well done.
Should be a great game next week.
Im backing in Melton, too much batting power for mine.

hahahahahaha i seriously cant believe your club claims that the grass was mowed on saturday night!! its hard enough getting the the grass mowed during the week by the council, let alone 11pm on a saturday night, get serious!! i suppose you just need an excuse, if that makes you guys feel better about yourselves well continue thinking that. at the end of the day the 'melton ferals won the flag on their own dungheap' isnt that how it goes??? ;)

and weapons, why wouldnt i post now?? seems like the perfect time doesnt it?? 3 flags? proud of the clubs achievements

just giving my opinion......

just giving my opinion......

Young Willi Lad;340020 said:
Also well done to your boys P-Toe, stayed under the radar all year with sides like Malvern, Caulfield, Box Hill and Brighton getting all the attention but you were better than all of them so well done.

Gonna be a hard one to pick. Oak's bowling is very very good atm, they put alot of pressure onto the batting team. I think whoever bats first at Caulfield generally wins, teams find it very hard to chase 2nd day (been there and done that twice now....:( )

My pick for the man of the match is Barry Ensil - he is due for a massive one.

Young Willi Lad;340020 said:

Gonna be a hard one to pick. Oak's bowling is very very good atm, they put alot of pressure onto the batting team. I think whoever bats first at Caulfield generally wins, teams find it very hard to chase 2nd day (been there and done that twice now....:( )

anchorman;340071 said:

ive been there twice for the same result also anchorman.......:cool:

my opinion bats usually dominate both days except for a couple of outstanding performances the last couple of years by 2 bowlers....speakman 5/30 off 22 06/07......and a.blake took all 7 wickets last year against the bop's 07/08....im again tipping a bowler to win it.......ill have a look at both teams and give a MOTM later in the week..........

anchorman;340071 said:

ive been there twice for the same result also anchorman.......:cool:

my opinion bats usually dominate both days except for a couple of outstanding performances the last couple of years by 2 bowlers....speakman 5/30 off 22 06/07......and a.blake took all 7 wickets last year against the bop's 07/08....im again tipping a bowler to win it.......ill have a look at both teams and give a MOTM later in the week..........

anchorman;340071 said:

Should be one of the great CF.
I'm gonna back in half centries to Allen and Gale with contributions from the rest of their star studded batting order to get Melton to 250.
Oakleigh falling about 20-30 short with Brad Jones taking 4fa.
Maybe concrete is in for a big one also, who knows.

anchorman;340071 said:

Should be one of the great CF.
I'm gonna back in half centries to Allen and Gale with contributions from the rest of their star studded batting order to get Melton to 250.
Oakleigh falling about 20-30 short with Brad Jones taking 4fa.
Maybe concrete is in for a big one also, who knows.

*DaNcE HeRo*;339910 said:
This goes out to all you clowns that bagged the Melton Cricket Club at the start of the year and called us all chokers and we made the wrong off field decisions!! The only thing were choking on right now is our premiership medals!! 'The Duke' got stuck into our coach dunc harrison at the start of the year and we pissed in the Ken Fewster Club Championship and we had 4 sides in the grand final and won 3 of them so stick that right up your ass you tool, sounds like his done a pretty good job to me. 'The red and the white.. ohh were from melton town!'

You have a good memory DH (is that dick head). I must have really fired you up this season ! Well done to all at Melton (including Harrison). I am man enough to say I was wr wr wr wrong. Gale deserves it as he has been a long servant of the club.

Enjoy your premiership and I wouldnt get too cocky on here. You have a big game this week and also have to defend the title next year, which is always harder. People on here have long memories as weapons would know !

*DaNcE HeRo*;339910 said:
This goes out to all you clowns that bagged the Melton Cricket Club at the start of the year and called us all chokers and we made the wrong off field decisions!! The only thing were choking on right now is our premiership medals!! 'The Duke' got stuck into our coach dunc harrison at the start of the year and we pissed in the Ken Fewster Club Championship and we had 4 sides in the grand final and won 3 of them so stick that right up your ass you tool, sounds like his done a pretty good job to me. 'The red and the white.. ohh were from melton town!'

You have a good memory DH (is that dick head). I must have really fired you up this season ! Well done to all at Melton (including Harrison). I am man enough to say I was wr wr wr wrong. Gale deserves it as he has been a long servant of the club.

Enjoy your premiership and I wouldnt get too cocky on here. You have a big game this week and also have to defend the title next year, which is always harder. People on here have long memories as weapons would know !

NuthinButTheTruth;339917 said:
Clowns?! I'll give you another C word to describe your club – CHEATS! Obviously wasn't your fault Dance Hero, and you batted beautifully by the way, but you can't claim you won the GF fair and square when your club broke the laws of the game. Altona batted with a slow, lush outfield on Saturday and then they rock up on Sunday and the outfield has been mowed!!!!!!

Law 12.2 says – 'In matches to be played on consecutive days, the pitch may be rolled, beaten, swept and/or mown at any time after the completion of the first day’s play and prior to the commencement of play on the following day. Under no circumstances is the pitch to be watered or the ground to be mown throughout the game.'

In other words, your club cheated. You should have the flag taken off you. What a disgrace. One of the worst acts any of us have heard of. You got the runs only four down, but with only 3 overs left. Altona's 170 was worth 40/50 more on Sunday.

If that's how you want to 'win', good luck to you. Hopefully the VSDCA makes an example of you guys. Now go and suck down your Bacardi Breezer... clown.
you blokes down there at altona sure know how to sook.. last week after the 1sts and 3's were washed out at melton the altona club people were calling melton cheats for "watering" the deck. these accusations are ridiculous. u blokes wish you were in a position that melton are in.:cool:

NuthinButTheTruth;339917 said:
Clowns?! I'll give you another C word to describe your club – CHEATS! Obviously wasn't your fault Dance Hero, and you batted beautifully by the way, but you can't claim you won the GF fair and square when your club broke the laws of the game. Altona batted with a slow, lush outfield on Saturday and then they rock up on Sunday and the outfield has been mowed!!!!!!

Law 12.2 says – 'In matches to be played on consecutive days, the pitch may be rolled, beaten, swept and/or mown at any time after the completion of the first day’s play and prior to the commencement of play on the following day. Under no circumstances is the pitch to be watered or the ground to be mown throughout the game.'

In other words, your club cheated. You should have the flag taken off you. What a disgrace. One of the worst acts any of us have heard of. You got the runs only four down, but with only 3 overs left. Altona's 170 was worth 40/50 more on Sunday.

If that's how you want to 'win', good luck to you. Hopefully the VSDCA makes an example of you guys. Now go and suck down your Bacardi Breezer... clown.
you blokes down there at altona sure know how to sook.. last week after the 1sts and 3's were washed out at melton the altona club people were calling melton cheats for "watering" the deck. these accusations are ridiculous. u blokes wish you were in a position that melton are in.:cool:

anchorman;338480 said:
who is your source for mcmahon? should we be keeping an eye out for an application..?

depends if jones stays at kingston which will be known by next week. they want to keep him there.
Jimmy Mac re signed with Brighton yesterday lads ,

anchorman;338480 said:
who is your source for mcmahon? should we be keeping an eye out for an application..?

depends if jones stays at kingston which will be known by next week. they want to keep him there.
Jimmy Mac re signed with Brighton yesterday lads ,

quietone;339972 said:
As an Altona supporter who was there both days of the game, i am disgusted with this suggestion from some of our players and supporters. The way a few of our players carried on early in the day and called most Melton players 'cheats' was disgraceful and i appologise to those Melton players and supporters on behalf of our club. This is not how we behave as a club. The grass was not cut overnight as suggested and these suggestions can only be put down to sour grapes on our behalf at not posting a more competitive total for Melton to chase. Also the behaviour of one of our more senior players especially early in the day was bordering the limits of 'the spirit of cricket'. Hopefully our club will take that further internally so it doesnt happen again. I congratulate Melton on their much deserved win and hope our boys take a look at the way they presented themselves throughout the 2 days and come back bigger and better next year.
Well put!!

quietone;339972 said:
As an Altona supporter who was there both days of the game, i am disgusted with this suggestion from some of our players and supporters. The way a few of our players carried on early in the day and called most Melton players 'cheats' was disgraceful and i appologise to those Melton players and supporters on behalf of our club. This is not how we behave as a club. The grass was not cut overnight as suggested and these suggestions can only be put down to sour grapes on our behalf at not posting a more competitive total for Melton to chase. Also the behaviour of one of our more senior players especially early in the day was bordering the limits of 'the spirit of cricket'. Hopefully our club will take that further internally so it doesnt happen again. I congratulate Melton on their much deserved win and hope our boys take a look at the way they presented themselves throughout the 2 days and come back bigger and better next year.
Well put!!

The Duke;340271 said:

mmmmm definately........well said

The Duke;340271 said:

mmmmm definately........well said

lionking09;340281 said:

not only the a's the rest of the other teams in the whole comp........again i was out in melton last w/e and it pissed down.........all w/e and i think its pretty dissapointing for the a's perspective to label meton cheats..........

and yes melton will be the hunted;)

surely now west group 3 grannys in 3 years with 2 wins has to be up there for the best group in the subbies........

lionking09;340281 said:

not only the a's the rest of the other teams in the whole comp........again i was out in melton last w/e and it pissed down.........all w/e and i think its pretty dissapointing for the a's perspective to label meton cheats..........

surely now west group 3 grannys in 3 years with 2 wins has to be up there for the best group in the subbies........

weapons05/06;340513 said:

Tough to call but those stats are fairly ominous, weapons...

Congrats to Melton and Oakleigh for making it to the Champ game.

Heard that there might be some 'Group Rep Games' next season ie) Nth vs Sth, West vs East etc... as a means of picking a Subbies Rep team to play Vic Country or whoever.

Regardless of a final team being selected, the lead up games would certainly contain plenty of interest even if 'big guns' didn't play. Hope it's being considered.

Still, that's for next year (hopefully).

Can't pick between Oakleigh and Melton but I'm thinking Oakleigh might just be underdogs...

Heard that there might be some 'Group Rep Games' next season ie) Nth vs Sth, West vs East etc... as a means of picking a Subbies Rep team to play Vic Country or whoever.

Regardless of a final team being selected, the lead up games would certainly contain plenty of interest even if 'big guns' didn't play. Hope it's being considered.

Can't pick between Oakleigh and Melton but I'm thinking Oakleigh might just be underdogs...

Art Vandalay;340593 said:

what a great idea that would be , hope they go ahead with it

Art Vandalay;340593 said:

what a great idea that would be , hope they go ahead with it

I also felt compelled to post as an Altona club person although this will show some signs for club disharmony and weakness which leaves me uneasy.

I have been embarrassed by the some of the people involved in our club and their carry over the past few weeks. NuthinButTheTruth I have a fair idea who you are and I am no longer surprised by some of your carry on as you have always been an excuse maker and I have been angered by the way you have carried yourself recently. I was disappointed in a few of our senior blokes who have been around a long time who have fallen into this excuse making syndrome. I know you are hurting because we lost another GF and were again so close but we once again let it slip because we took out eye of the target and made excuses. It is embarrassing if you think Melton managed to mow their ground overnight. I was in attendance both days and their was no change in the conditions. The wicket was superb and the outfield did not change one bit. We just did not make enough runs on day 1. We had brain explosions from senior players once again like we did in Round 12 against Melton. But in saying all of this we could only manage to take 9 of Melton's wickets in 2 games. You just don’t win games let alone finals doing that.

I have also been embarrassed by some of the things posted on our clubs website especially in the past few weeks. We have all year focussed on why this has not happened and also on what other teams do, not what we have control over.

I wish Melton and Oakleigh all the best this weekend although very envious of your success as we were so close but because of mental frailty from a few we are yet so far.

I plead with the people involved at our club to stop making excuses and put all our energy into a tilt at the flag in o9/10 and bring the flag home.

I also felt compelled to post as an Altona club person although this will show some signs for club disharmony and weakness which leaves me uneasy.

I have been embarrassed by the some of the people involved in our club and their carry over the past few weeks. NuthinButTheTruth I have a fair idea who you are and I am no longer surprised by some of your carry on as you have always been an excuse maker and I have been angered by the way you have carried yourself recently. I was disappointed in a few of our senior blokes who have been around a long time who have fallen into this excuse making syndrome. I know you are hurting because we lost another GF and were again so close but we once again let it slip because we took out eye of the target and made excuses. It is embarrassing if you think Melton managed to mow their ground overnight. I was in attendance both days and their was no change in the conditions. The wicket was superb and the outfield did not change one bit. We just did not make enough runs on day 1. We had brain explosions from senior players once again like we did in Round 12 against Melton. But in saying all of this we could only manage to take 9 of Melton's wickets in 2 games. You just don’t win games let alone finals doing that.

I have also been embarrassed by some of the things posted on our clubs website especially in the past few weeks. We have all year focussed on why this has not happened and also on what other teams do, not what we have control over.

I wish Melton and Oakleigh all the best this weekend although very envious of your success as we were so close but because of mental frailty from a few we are yet so far.

I plead with the people involved at our club to stop making excuses and put all our energy into a tilt at the flag in o9/10 and bring the flag home.

Weapons - using your theory that The west group must be the strongest going by Grand Finals and championships in the last 3 years, wouldn't the East group consider themselves to be a 'stronger' group with 5 of their sides playing off in the Championship final in the last 5 years (Oakleigh x 2, Box Hill x 2 & Damien Fleming - I mean Noble Park) for potetially 3 championships. Think you better re-asses your theory pal!

Weapons - using your theory that The west group must be the strongest going by Grand Finals and championships in the last 3 years, wouldn't the East group consider themselves to be a 'stronger' group with 5 of their sides playing off in the Championship final in the last 5 years (Oakleigh x 2, Box Hill x 2 & Damien Fleming - I mean Noble Park) for potetially 3 championships. Think you better re-asses your theory pal!

The Field;340698 said:

yeah well....can you call b/h c/f win last year as a win.......??....i would call it a tie.......so its not a win.......

not only going by champ final wins but how many teams the west have in the finals each year in the 1sts should be noted.......

any way just giving my opinion.......that the west is the best;)

The Field;340698 said:

yeah well....can you call b/h c/f win last year as a win.......??....i would call it a tie.......so its not a win.......

not only going by champ final wins but how many teams the west have in the finals each year in the 1sts should be noted.......

weapons05/06;340722 said:

Nothing wrong with your opinion, just letting you know that the world and this thread does not revolve around the west group! It will be interesting to see how all groups fair next season with the change up again!

weapons05/06;340722 said:

Nothing wrong with your opinion, just letting you know that the world and this thread does not revolve around the west group! It will be interesting to see how all groups fair next season with the change up again!

The Field;340730 said:

i run this thread.....im in the west......so it does revolve around us......lol

good too see blokes from other groups on here i guess you play/or involved at caulfield......?

The Field;340730 said:

good too see blokes from other groups on here i guess you play/or involved at caulfield......?

weapons05/06;340735 said:

Definently not Caulfield - should get you to wash your mouth out with soap. Am from that side of the river though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back