Subbies Thread

I don't know the background to it but I see Yoshan Kumara from Taylors Lakes has been cleared to Williamstown Cyms who play in the lower divisions of the Vtca,wtf?,if he doesn't make 1000 runs and get 60 wickets he'll have had a shit year.

If he makes 1000 runs on the pitches I have seen in that comp he will be doing well, and I am a curator. Most clubs have to make their own pitches at that level. If you are a visiting team and win the toss best you bat first!

with the addition of Nankervis to the Bats, there is no way that team fits under the 20 points allocated to each club.

Nankervis - 4
Dickinson - 3
Black - 3
Pearson - 4

Last edited:
with the addition of Nankervis to the Bats, there is no way that team fits under the 20 points allocated to each club.

Nankervis - 4
Dickinson - 3
Black - 4
Pearson - 4

I’m sure Eddie McGuire will find a loophole, does that place ever produce any of their own juniors? Or just open up the wallet and fill up with a premier 2s team

When do VSDCA publish all player points for transparency purposes. WAFJ

They don't!!

You can get a fair understanding of who is pushing 20 points and who isn't.

PV will need a discount to get 20 and under or they need to drop a player like brun$wick did with Fort.

I believe it is fair game to all clubs if you can 1. Pay and 2. fit all players within 20 points. If you can't, then no relief should be given by the competition unless you have been a struggling club for a certain amount of time and have not played 1st eleven finals for a min of 5 years.

They don't!!

You can get a fair understanding of who is pushing 20 points and who isn't.

PV will need a discount to get 20 and under or they need to drop a player like brun$wick did with Fort.

I believe it is fair game to all clubs if you can 1. Pay and 2. fit all players within 20 points. If you can't, then no relief should be given by the competition unless you have been a struggling club for a certain amount of time and have not played 1st eleven finals for a min of 5 years.

It would be undesirable for the total permitted points to become so low in an attempt to even up the competition that the points system would become a lowest common denominator approach. For that reason, I think points 1 and 2 of your post make good sense.
In discussion of the player points system as an alternative to the lack of transparency of what preceded it, there were many posts at that time favouring the adoption of the points system primarily because it offered transparency.

Round 1 to go ahead Saturday with some alterations,I understand it was a close run thing with only about 15 out of 28 grounds available,this after the driest September in over 100 years,some councils asleep at the wheel.

Round 1 to go ahead Saturday with some alterations,I understand it was a close run thing with only about 15 out of 28 grounds available,this after the driest September in over 100 years,some councils asleep at the wheel.
Boorendara , Manningham and Melbourne said they didn't have time , what a lot of crap.

Boorendara , Manningham and Melbourne said they didn't have time , what a lot of crap.

The fact school term holidays coincide with the time when the initial pitch preparation should be underway may have a lot to do with it. I have heard a lot of recreational turf staff are allowed holidays at this time. Over this side of town many Councils do not prepare pitches and it is a challenge for clubs to get people to fit in curating outside of the time they must spend at their 'day job'. And the missus saying you are always at that bloody cricket club--when are you going to cut our lawns, they haven't been touched in a month!

Back