Subbies Thread

Would be a fantastic pick up for any club, regardless of the level. I understand he does quite a bit of coaching for Cricket Vic, so maybe he'll concentrate more on this.
Lloyd Mash retired as player coach at FDCC but will still coach at Renegades. Have a feeling he'll have a year off to rest and recover from injury then get back into it again. Still regarded as an elite premier batsman.

Have been told James Wheelahan will play next season for Darley. He has been a wonderful servant of Melton, generally toiling into the wind. Has the same excellent on and off-field temperament as his father. Big shoes to be filled.

Why has he moved on Westland? Melton is a great club and should return to the top this coming season?

Why has he moved on Westland? Melton is a great club and should return to the top this coming season?

All I have been told by 2 sources is that he will be joining cousin Brian Wheelahan at Darley. Will try to find out the underlying reason--maybe some Melton folk on reading this post can provide more info. Must say I too was surprised.

Almost have 1st division and 2nd division next season. EastSouth has 8 finalists from last year. North West looks much easier.

Interesting way of looking at it! I reckon the North/West side will be pretty strong this upcoming season with Plenty Valley and Werribee powerhouse clubs along with Kew and Balwyn recruiting very well and personally cannot see Melton being down for two seasons in a row, they get the best player in the comp back and aren't short on cash.

Paul Amy is reporting Hawthorn/Monash Uni have approached Noble Park to amalgamate and join Premier ranks.
I would doubt whether Noble would need to associate themselves with those wanderers ?
Story in Dandy leader.

Interesting. Is this 100% confirmed?
I emailed one of my sources as to why James has decided to play with Darley next season rather than remain at Melton, and have just received the following reply:''He wasn't looked after at Melton and decided on Darley because his cousin plays there.'' I have no idea whether or not Melton would agree with the reason given above. Perhaps James may be persuaded to change his mind---hard to believe Melton would just let him slip through their fingers!!

I emailed one of my sources as to why James has decided to play with Darley next season rather than remain at Melton, and have just received the following reply:''He wasn't looked after at Melton and decided on Darley because his cousin plays there.'' I have no idea whether or not Melton would agree with the reason given above. Perhaps James may be persuaded to change his mind---hard to believe Melton would just let him slip through their fingers!!
Without knowing the guy, maybe he just wants to 'step down' and play at a lower level in a local comp?

Paul Amy is reporting Hawthorn/Monash Uni have approached Noble Park to amalgamate and join Premier ranks.
I would doubt whether Noble would need to associate themselves with those wanderers ?
Story in Dandy leader.
Rumor I heard was CV wants them to amalgamate with Plenty Valley, Melton, or Werribee as Monash Uni Griffins CC takes over their ground. Interesting re the Noble Park offer. On a different note how does everyone think the loss of the CV dividend will affect Subbies clubs. My guess is that some clubs might have lost up to 50% of their income as they relied on this each year.

Rumor I heard was CV wants them to amalgamate with Plenty Valley, Melton, or Werribee as Monash Uni Griffins CC takes over their ground. Interesting re the Noble Park offer. On a different note how does everyone think the loss of the CV dividend will affect Subbies clubs. My guess is that some clubs might have lost up to 50% of their income as they relied on this each year.
Good question re dividend. I think a lot of clubs will struggle. If they are reliant on this to survive, they are dead in the water. My observations are there are a lot of clubs not particularly doing a lot of work on their finances.

Good question re dividend. I think a lot of clubs will struggle. If they are reliant on this to survive, they are dead in the water. My observations are there are a lot of clubs not particularly doing a lot of work on their finances.

Most clubs will hold their AGM's soon giving the members the opportunity to ascertain both the current financial status of their clubs and, what steps may be needed to ensure financial viability sans the dividend. I know of one club where a number of members have told me they will be asking these questions at the AGM (at the risk of their being accused by the incumbent president attempting to destabilise the club, based on past history). Believe he is stepping down and Alex Sorgiovanni will offer himself for the presidency at Sunshine's AGM. He is a good bloke who lives just around the corner from my dunghill.

Melton are a great club. Nothing wrong there. Great bunch of people on and off the field. Looking after his family is priority.

Melton are a great club. Nothing wrong there. Great bunch of people on and off the field. Looking after his family is priority.

Completely agree with your comments re Melton. The comment by my source that James ''wasn't looked after at Melton'', surprised me. It crossed my mind I could phone James' dad, Michael, to try to end the speculation as I have known him since we were kids growing up in Sunshine, but prefer to let the matter lie. Although members well know Michael as an umpire, they may not know that in his youth he played for Sunshine.

How can i PM you westland?

Is PM shorthand for ''personally meet'' ? I haven't heard this expression before. If you will confirm I have correctly interpreted your post, I will think of a way we can meet without revealing id on this forum. Have you by any chance an involvement in pitch curating?

Is PM shorthand for ''personally meet'' ? I haven't heard this expression before. If you will confirm I have correctly interpreted your post, I will think of a way we can meet without revealing id on this forum. Have you by any chance an involvement in pitch curating?
Privately message...

Back