Subbies Thread

Melton have made three signings of late with David Kirk returning as well as adding a former Zimbabwe international and Premier spinner from St Kilda and Essendon Steve Buhagiar.

Can't help with any of those clubs SS,I know Yates gone from Yarra to RPB as assistant coach and Matthew Innes now coaching Willy.
I just wish clubs would use their websites to publicise appointments,transfers etc.
Bravo to Kingston for telling us of their new cc,what can you tell us of him SS,Luke Wintle?,not a name I know.
How would you evaluate Entwistles' tenure,success/failure or otherwise?

Can't help with any of those clubs SS,I know Yates gone from Yarra to RPB as assistant coach and Matthew Innes now coaching Willy.
I just wish clubs would use their websites to publicise appointments,transfers etc.
Bravo to Kingston for telling us of their new cc,what can you tell us of him SS,Luke Wintle?,not a name I know.
How would you evaluate Entwistles' tenure,success/failure or otherwise?
Came up through the juniors with us, a good bat, played at Melbourne and Frankston with some success. A natural leader and hopefully will draw some players to the club.

Have to classify Craig's tenure as a success, made finals for the first time under him and last year was always going to be difficult. Probably didn't have the impact as a player we or he would have liked.

Yeah definitely on the move. Not sure if he will actually move from subbies though. Could be a good pick up for another close by subbies club. I have heard it is a 'mutual' retirement after both club and player were disappointed with on and off field actions / behaviour last year.

I also know that Osbourne is looking at going back to district from Bayswater. Can anyone confirm?

Osborne was announced as the Bayswater captain on twitter today
Yeah definitely on the move. Not sure if he will actually move from subbies though. Could be a good pick up for another close by subbies club. I have heard it is a 'mutual' retirement after both club and player were disappointed with on and off field actions / behaviour last year.

I also know that Osbourne is looking at going back to district from Bayswater. Can anyone confirm?

Haha.

Now seriously, who do we think the contenders will be in West/North? Should be a strong group.

Portables are now in place at Dempster which Sunshine will be required to use for the entire season as the $1M ugrade of the facilities is about to begin and will take 8 months to complete. This disruption will not be helpful in the financial turn-around it urgently needs, given last season's loss declared in the annual accounts is $7,860.65 (as compared to a profit of $7,496.54 in pcp 2012/13). As of a few days ago, it had yet to find a replacement curator for Dempster my successor there of the past 2 seasons having resigned in disgust and still owed $600. An 81yo club stalwart has offered to curate Lloyd. At 73, and doing 2 pitches elsewhere, I already have enough on my plate and in any case my offer of assistance was rudely rejected by Weapons who has another season of his contract to serve but failed to attend the AGM (and, I am told, with no apology being tendered and the committee unable to explain his non-attendance). As all but one of the folk I have known at Sunshine over many years have moved on or are dead, I have decided this is my final post. All the best for the up-coming season.

Portables are now in place at Dempster which Sunshine will be required to use for the entire season as the $1M ugrade of the facilities is about to begin and will take 8 months to complete. This disruption will not be helpful in the financial turn-around it urgently needs, given last season's loss declared in the annual accounts is $7,860.65 (as compared to a profit of $7,496.54 in pcp 2012/13). As of a few days ago, it had yet to find a replacement curator for Dempster my successor there of the past 2 seasons having resigned in disgust and still owed $600. An 81yo club stalwart has offered to curate Lloyd. At 73, and doing 2 pitches elsewhere, I already have enough on my plate and in any case my offer of assistance was rudely rejected by Weapons who has another season of his contract to serve but failed to attend the AGM (and, I am told, with no apology being tendered and the committee unable to explain his non-attendance). As all but one of the folk I have known at Sunshine over many years have moved on or are dead, I have decided this is my final post. All the best for the up-coming season.
Interesting, very interesting.
With 2 more years of didvidend to go and that will be it (my belief), there must be a lot of clubs just hanging on. I still shake my head when looking at other club's annual reports and the financials are taken out. Do they have something to hide or are that that poor?

Interesting, very interesting.
With 2 more years of didvidend to go and that will be it (my belief), there must be a lot of clubs just hanging on. I still shake my head when looking at other club's annual reports and the financials are taken out. Do they have something to hide or are that that poor?
Ive heard that the dividend is finished now. Can anyone confirm?

Back