Brighton v Ormond
Malvern
v Croydon
Endeavour Hills v Noble Park
Mt Waverley v Caulfield
Moorabbin
v Kingston Saints

Matches of the Round:

N/W - Altona v Melton: Will Melton bounce back from their surprise defeat from last week. I think this will be a close one.

S/E - Bayswater v Oakleigh: Bayswater were dominant last week, can they back it up against the East's powerhouse.

Good call man. I think you are spot on about all your selections, Brighton apparently debuting a pom who bowls quick, should be interesting.

Some interesting results on day one yesterday with a fair few teams already winning. What happened to Preston down at RPB?

Some big scores too as always across both competitions. Surprised to see Y'ville post 280 v Werribee.

Some interesting results on day one yesterday with a fair few teams already winning. What happened to Preston down at RPB?

Some big scores too as always across both competitions. Surprised to see Y'ville post 280 v Werribee.
Werribees bowling attack struggles. Great battling line up though.

20 wickets in one day !!! That's unbelivable any reports of the wicket considering preston elected to bowl ?

Haven't heard anything, although can't have been too bad due to RPB managing to get 140 in the end.
Assuming it must have crumbled as the day went on seeing Johnstone brought himself on basically straight away and took 5 wickets. 5 LBW's in the innings could also have something to do with it though.

The ground at RPB seems to be a bowlers paradise, at least early on. Last season off memory, RPB and Noble Park played a game where both sides were bowled out for less than 60. Plus I think RPB skittled Endeavour Hills for a similar amount last year.

The ground at RPB seems to be a bowlers paradise, at least early on. Last season off memory, RPB and Noble Park played a game where both sides were bowled out for less than 60. Plus I think RPB skittled Endeavour Hills for a similar amount last year.
Sounds like a quality place to play cricket.

No scores from Ivanhoe v Willy,anyone know,YWL?

Yeah unfortunately the wicket had been vandalised the week before. Was disappointing not to play especially considering the wicket out there which was one of the better ones I've seen in the subbies. Was a hole dug on the pitch on a fullish length which was the reason it was called off. 1 dayer this week.

I played out there last year after xmas in a 1 dayer in the 2's and it seemed fine and both sides scored over 200. Might have come good by that stage of the season though. The results can't lie.

Anyone have any idea what the selection process and who the selectors were for the U/19 Subbies rep game?
Matt Dervan from Williamstown has a 1st XI average of 50+ as well as a ton to his name and Luke Rainone has a hundred, a 50 and over 10 games to his name from our Club and blokes from other clubs got in that have played less than three games with nothing runs or wickets wise to their name.
Staggering selections.

Yeah fair statement. Both of those boys you mentioned very deserving and unlucky not to gain selection. Did your club nominate them?

Yeah fair statement. Both of those boys you mentioned very deserving and unlucky not to gain selection. Did your club nominate them?

Both nominated. I'm sure their are other clubs with some players who were stiff also. Just would like to know the selection process for this because the West Group in particular was not picked well at all.

Both nominated. I'm sure their are other clubs with some players who were stiff also. Just would like to know the selection process for this because the West Group in particular was not picked well at all.
Yeah probably a few disappointed with the selections. Although what else are you supposed to do to gain selection besides hit 100's in the ones.

I would check that they were nominated in time. I cannot imagine any sane selectors leaving them out of the team if they were nominated

Yeah, I was going to ask the same if they were nominated in time. The selection panel is the same as for the representative games and TOTY, chaired by Paul Bain, and including a senior player from each of the four groups. Does seem a mystery that those obviously credentialled boys missed out, but as with any selected XI, it is all subjective.

Back