Subbies Thread

Who's your tip? If Caulfield can limit pinwills influence they will be a big show.
I think Oakleigh if they can get rid of Damiano cheaply. Having said that I honestly think whoever wins the toss will win that game. Caulfield is horrible to bat on on a Sunday, so low and slow, Any half decent score is defendable. Surely Ormond end Malverns run, Jones appears to be their only batter and ormonds bowling is strong, Having said that their batting is disgusting, any side that can get rolled for 50 has to be kidding themselves if they think they are not vulnerabile. tipping Ormond with no confidence

Oakleigh rolled by an average Malvern attack. Will be thinking straight sets now. Interesting stat one semi final has 25 combined wins and the other 12 combined. No contest.
Haha, Caulfield wills be furious with Malvern after upsetting Oakleigh. it's cost them a semi with Ormond. Whoever wins this next game between Caulfield and Oakleigh is pretty much premier , talk about a free ticket to a flag.

Haha, Caulfield wills be furious with Malvern after upsetting Oakleigh. it's cost them a semi with Ormond. Whoever wins this next game between Caulfield and Oakleigh is pretty much premier , talk about a free ticket to a flag.
I would have thought the Malvern Oakleigh game would be proof that there is no free ticket to a flag. Malvern knocked Caulfield off in the GF last year and smashed Oakleigh on the weekend.

Who knows, Damiano may have a wedding, bar mitzvah, cousin's birthday, hair cut or romantic weekend planned with the cheese and kisses and be unavailable for parts or all of the GF "weekend".

I would have thought the Malvern Oakleigh game would be proof that there is no free ticket to a flag. Malvern knocked Caulfield off in the GF last year and smashed Oakleigh on the weekend.

Who knows, Damiano may have a wedding, bar mitzvah, cousin's birthday, hair cut or romantic weekend planned with the cheese and kisses and be unavailable for parts or all of the GF "weekend".
Yep fair Point

Who's your tip? If Caulfield can limit pinwills influence they will be a big show.

It's an interesting one. Looking at their game earlier this season, Caulfield wouldn't want him to have the influence he had that day:

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=1780653

You would think Oakleigh will try damn hard not to go out in straight sets.

I think both teams will score under 200 and am going with Oakleigh in a close one.

It's an interesting one. Looking at their game earlier this season, Caulfield wouldn't want him to have the influence he had that day:

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=1780653

You would think Oakleigh will try damn hard not to go out in straight sets.

I think both teams will score under 200 and am going with Oakleigh in a close one.

Looking at that scorecard and i think I mentioned it earlier... I can't see cross, Damiano, Dorey and warren not making a run between them again.

When I said King carried Caulfield, I was talking with the ball. He does the damage for them every week.

Semi Finals time.
Umpires Appointments are out, and wow. Some interesting appointments.
Not sure if the umpires are appointed on previous marks or drawn out of a hat....

No surprise here, but for what it is worth, I advise following a discussion I had a couple of days ago with a member of VTCA's Board of Management, the Board is firmly opposed to ''handing over the keys'' to CV. I wonder what CV's next move will be--will it try to enlist the support of Local Government on the basis CV's model is more administratively expedient for municipal councils? Who knows!

No surprise here, but for what it is worth, I advise following a discussion I had a couple of days ago with a member of VTCA's Board of Management, the Board is firmly opposed to ''handing over the keys'' to CV. I wonder what CV's next move will be--will it try to enlist the support of Local Government on the basis CV's model is more administratively expedient for municipal councils? Who knows!
End of the day, CV don't need association support (it would be great if they have it but not essential).

CV can start a new comp, and ask clubs that want to join. Any club can leave VTCA VSDCA etc and join CV's comp without needing approval from anyone. Im sure CV will run a pretty attractive comp. ie all GF's could be played on premier grounds with premier umpires?

where would you rather a GF, Roxburgh Park or The Albert

End of the day, CV don't need association support (it would be great if they have it but not essential).

CV can start a new comp, and ask clubs that want to join. Any club can leave VTCA VSDCA etc and join CV's comp without needing approval from anyone. Im sure CV will run a pretty attractive comp. ie all GF's could be played on premier grounds with premier umpires?

If CV run the whole thing, I would suggest Premier and this comp would be more aligned, so not sure if we'll play on Premier Grounds. Personally, I'd rather play at my own ground if we won the right to host!

If CV run the whole thing, I would suggest Premier and this comp would be more aligned, so not sure if we'll play on Premier Grounds. Personally, I'd rather play at my own ground if we won the right to host!
There are premier grounds not being used this week so I would say the GF would be on those grounds. And if they are aligned then it would happen, ie the West comp would play at Footscray, East comp at Fitzroy etc

Personally, id rather play a GF on the best grounds with the best wickets with the best umpires.

You will recall in an earlier post I pointed out clubs' legal entitlement to free trade allows them the freedom you have outlined, so I guess the option of CV offering an alternative cannot be discounted. Another point I raised is that, to my knowledge, the VTCA has not conducted a ''head count'' of their clubs. If I am correct, the VTCA's BOM cannot yet categorically claim it has the level of support from its clubs to support its opposition to the CV model. (I wasn't game to raise that point with the BOM member I spoke to, so vociferous was he in his opposition to the CV model!) I should imagine the RCM's are a source of in-the-field knowledge to CV of the actual attitude of clubs to the CV model.

There are premier grounds not being used this week so I would say the GF would be on those grounds. And if they are aligned then it would happen, ie the West comp would play at Footscray, East comp at Fitzroy etc

Personally, id rather play a GF on the best grounds with the best wickets with the best umpires.

Prediction Semi Finals

North / West

RPB v Altona
Plenty Valley v Melton

South / East

Caulfield v Oakleigh
Ormond
v Malvern

Four quality games across the two groups.

RPB and Caulfield also playing for a home grand final.

Back