Super 8 - Australia-England

Super 8 - Australia-England

OK here is what we have so far :

Vaughan won the toss and England are going to bat first.

A wicket on the 4th over, Vaughn is off, and it is 14/1

Re: Super 8 - Australia-England

27: 154/2 NOTE: Australia has taken their powerplays. They need to stop the bleeding. Over half way there and this KP/ Bell partnership is going strong.

KP finally out, but they did some damage, got the run rate up to 5.56 at one point, Freddy is on now, after a quick wicket from Collingwood, 168/4 after 31

190/5, 37 overs.

Bopara and KP in (joe how did you think KP was out?)

I meant to say Bell/ KP partnership and just didn't pay attention when I wrote it, but yeah, KP starting to creep towards his century.

Here is the text from the last over
OVER 50: McGrath: 6-W-0-1-W
247 - WICKET! After smacking a length ball for six the previous ball, Nixon makes a mess of a full toss and just chips it down deep mid-wicket's throat.
WICKET! From 160 for two, England have finished up with 247 all out as Anderson is trapped lbw by a yorker for a first-ball duck
Not a very hard target for Australia to reach at all, but as this Cup has shown us, anything is possible.

From 230-5 to 247 all out.
That was some poor batting at the end from England (and good bowling from the Aussies, of course), and I think that's going to come back to haunt them. They'd probably need another 20-30 runs.

cleazer;151900 said:
From 230-5 to 247 all out.
That was some poor batting at the end from England (and good bowling from the Aussies, of course), and I think that's going to come back to haunt them. They'd probably need another 20-30 runs.
You take away the Bell/ KP partnership, and it is a dismal performance. Even with another 20-30 they would still have to bowl very well and even then hope for some luck. Not good at all. But like I said, nothing in this Cup can be taken for granted or expected.

Diamond Joe Quimby;151903 said:
No fireworks quite just yet, but after 6, Gilchrist and Hayden have 24/0

And now 52/0 at 9.5

England will need some wickets, and some wickets soon to have a chance.

and england gets the dangerman

freddie strikes the first blow @|
DirtyJerzey;151907 said:
And now 52/0 at 9.5

England will need some wickets, and some wickets soon to have a chance.

itsme;151914 said:
and england gets the dangerman

freddie strikes the first blow @|

At least he is bowling is decent cause his batting left alot to be desired. Australia may win this by a few wickets at this rate

Back