Super 8 - Australia-England

Re: Super 8 - Australia-England

98-2 after 23

the runs have really slowed down here

But you have to wonder how long the English bowlers can keep Ponting and Clarke in check.

My goodness, I stay away for a bit and decided to check in and i see this is a very interesting match.
186/2 after 37.2 overs. Australia need 60 runs in 12.2 overs to win. Will they do it? We'll see

196-2 after 38

Looks like Ponting and Clarke have done enough to give Australia a comfortable win today. They only need 52 runs from the last 12 overs, with 8 wickets in hand.

Just checking the scoreboard, looks like Pietersen and Bell were the high scorers and kept the English heads above water at least, the rest were pathetic in their batting.

cleazer;151951 said:
196-2 after 38

Looks like Ponting and Clarke have done enough to give Australia a comfortable win today. They only need 52 runs from the last 12 overs, with 8 wickets in hand.

Yeah, I like to see those two bring it home.

Ponting run out for 86

201-3

Match still well under Australia's control

that's too bad, just 14 runs shy of a century. Clarke and Co. will have to finish it off.

That was crazy. Symonds hit it long and deep. Pietersen caught it right at the rope, but danced right in front of the rope for about 5 steps and couldn't keep his momentum from going over, so on what must have been the sixth stride, he threw it back in and Symonds ran 2 runs from it.

Crazy stuff.

yes, full point to the aussies. they are flying high with a comprehensive victory over the hapless england :cool: :cool:

just finished watching the game

good run chase on a difficult wicket and difficult pitch

Back