Super 8s - Bangladesh vs. England

Re: Super 8s - Bangladesh vs. England

Flintoff was looking good out there, but Rafique just bowled him

110-5

Unfortunately, just not enough runs on the board for the Bangladesh bowlers to defend.

Rafique bowls Bopara for a duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

110-6

England only need 34 more runs, but all of sudden, we might have a close one!

After 32 overs, England is 110-6

Bangladesh were 114-8 after 32 overs

118-6 after 36

Collingwood seems content to take a single every now and then, and thats all they really need after all.

136-6 after 40

3 straight maidens

136-6 after 43

England only need 8 more runs, but they're not coming easily.

It seems odd that England is playing it safe for the win. With such a low run total to chase, this wouldve been a prime opportunity to raise their run rate. After all it may come down to that for the 4th spot.

And finally England win, 147-6

It wasn't easy though. I think it says a lot that England had a heck of a time beating Bangladesh, when the Bangladeshis certainly weren't clicking on all cylinders today. If Bangladesh could have played a complete match, it would have been a different story today.

cleazer;152839 said:
And finally England win, 147-6

It wasn't easy though. I think it says a lot that England had a heck of a time beating Bangladesh, when the Bangladeshis certainly weren't clicking on all cylinders today. If Bangladesh could have played a complete match, it would have been a different story today.

Our openers, Tamim and Nafees, and their collective inexperience let us down. In the matches we've won, Tamim protected his wicket in the early overs and scored quite a bit of runs. Nafees has been consistantly disappointing this entire World Cup.

In the matches we've gotten demolished (New Zealand and Australia), wickets came down early and we could never catch up.

Also I have to say, England is a mess. Good teams would've just destroyed us in 25-30 overs or so instead of struggling to get 147. Even if they were to sneak into the semis, don't have much of a shot at winning this.

Just imagine if Aftab or Ashraful could've matched Saqibul's performance today - a whole different story. Oh well, lesson learned ... I hope we get better from this. :D

Good effort from these young bangladeshi fellas ( with a sprinkling of older guys). If they managed to get over the 200 mark, they could have won this, but so small a total is near impossible to defend.

England has alot of work to do to reach within sniffing distance of the semis.

Back