The BaggyGreens Thread

Only digging deep with the bat and rain ran save us now.
Our bats did not back up Josh Hazlewoods 5for, disappointing, specially those that fell trying to hit Woods out of the park. And how did we allow Bairstow to hammer an unbeaten 99 after Stokes fell, should have gone for the kill then. Have to say Cummins captaincy has been underwhelming, same as his bowling.

Last edited:
Weather forecast must be pretty ordinary, draw is comfortable the favourite result atm.

455408c2c0f4d02abb3e937dd94beb4e.jpg

A few high chances of showers and some medium chances of heavy rain and then later in the day it’s just going to be flooding.

"I love how England are acting like they are the only side to ever miss out on a test match win due to weather. You've had the best luck all series, better conditions, won ALL FOUR tosses plus you are automatically one game fresher because we're coming off the WTC final. So no a hollow victory this will not be. It sucks sure but hey, that's cricket." I think the main disappointment is not getting the decide the series clearly deserves, Toby. But, yes, as Marnus said last night, Australia's only concern is to secure the urn - and, if it does rain all day here, they'll be hoping to banish any talk of fortune by winning outright next week
Australia vs England, The Ashes, 4th Test https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...australia-4th-test-1336046/live-cricket-score

"I love how England are acting like they are the only side to ever miss out on a test match win due to weather. You've had the best luck all series, better conditions, won ALL FOUR tosses plus you are automatically one game fresher because we're coming off the WTC final. So no a hollow victory this will not be. It sucks sure but hey, that's cricket." I think the main disappointment is not getting the decide the series clearly deserves, Toby. But, yes, as Marnus said last night, Australia's only concern is to secure the urn - and, if it does rain all day here, they'll be hoping to banish any talk of fortune by winning outright next week
Australia vs England, The Ashes, 4th Test https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...australia-4th-test-1336046/live-cricket-score

Ikr, how many times has England done the rain dance so they don’t lose a test match.

They’ve been so hypocritical this series that it’s actually coming across as delusional.

They’ve been so hypocritical this series that it’s actually coming across as delusional.
Sure does when Stokes come out with this 'we dont play to win or lose but to entertain'. Also refuses to accept he declared far too late knowing bad weather was set to almost kill the last two days.

Last match starts tonite. To stop any more Pommie moaning we have to take out this and actually WIN THE ASHES instead of retaining them. Will help if Cummins can win a toss.

Well Cummins finally won a toss and surprisingly sent em in on another grassless wonder that seamers hate and they got off to a flyer. We kept niggling them and they threw away their wickets like they have done in every game.

Well Cummins finally won a toss and surprisingly sent em in on another grassless wonder that seamers hate and they got off to a flyer. We kept niggling them and they threw away their wickets like they have done in every game.

We should’ve had them out for under 200 but our catching was awful.

But Cummins was bowling insanely well. Like his first spell is the best I’ve seen him bowl.

In his 6 over first spell he had 22 play and misses and 2 edges. GENUINELY unplayable.

Back