m.dean/werribee
t.dean/werribee
r.saunders/werribee
j.damjanovski/yarra club
j.snow/spotty
l.goegan/hoppers
n.dumbleton/altona
havnt seen j.robbins/altona nth herd he goes alright
its hard to compare players as ive coached only 2 years for 26 games 23 wins and 3 losses............
coached
j.gillard/willy-top order bat
f.adamson/willy-captian-opening bat
k.kulendranathan/willy/footscray-opening bowler
l.kyriakides/willy-allrounder
d.mazzone/willy-allrounder
d.weston/willy-keeper-opening bat
d.davis/willy-allrounder
m.dervan/willy-u/13 batsmen/average last 2 seasons over 120 both years(gun)should be in u/11 still...
f.murphy/willy-u/15-allrounder
j.cragie/willy-middle order bat/open bowl
c.irving/west newport-u/13 allrounder
o.doolan/west newport-u/13 allrounder
there is some more dont worry about that..........thats off the top of my head@|

Which would be your Best player coached?

Re: the best u/21 players in the wdca

weapons05/06;159143 said:
against
m.dean/werribee
t.dean/werribee
r.saunders/werribee
j.damjanovski/yarra club
j.snow/spotty
l.goegan/hoppers
n.dumbleton/altona
havnt seen j.robbins/altona nth herd he goes alright
its hard to compare players as ive coached only 2 years for 26 games 23 wins and 3 losses............
coached
j.gillard/willy-top order bat
f.adamson/willy-captian-opening bat
k.kulendranathan/willy/footscray-opening bowler
l.kyriakides/willy-allrounder
d.mazzone/willy-allrounder
d.weston/willy-keeper-opening bat
d.davis/willy-allrounder
m.dervan/willy-u/13 batsmen/average last 2 seasons over 120 both years(gun)should be in u/11 still...
f.murphy/willy-u/15-allrounder
j.cragie/willy-middle order bat/open bowl
c.irving/west newport-u/13 allrounder
o.doolan/west newport-u/13 allrounder
there is some more dont worry about that..........thats off the top of my head@|

Jordan is really good, he doesnt take it serious tho, he is more commited to footy. Great bat, and reasonably quick bowler, always gets wkts

WDCAcricketer;159223 said:
Which would be your Best player coached?

yer its hard 1

ill put it to u this way i dont coach 1 player i coach a team and the team of 05/06 wasnt beaten so i will say all 12 players........@|

as far as talent, cant go past f.adamson/j.gillard they were 2 of my leaders and led well..... set the standard batting/bowling/fielding/talking/field placings for all to follow..........in all the big games these 2 stood out

d.davis is another 1 who needs to get a bit of you know what in him and im just getting into his head so hopefully can have a consistant year no doubt very talented just needs a little more up top and that comes i spose with experience played in the 2's all year at willy also at 15 not bad is it.......i will say all three of these boys have played in the 2's at 15 so they got something for sure................@|

Any Junior coaches confirmed for the comming season? Confirmed will be coaching ANA under 15s, will start preseason in Early August.

ANCC;166434 said:
weapons under 17 cricket is for a laugh mate not like seniors ok so get over it

thats your opinion.......and if you dont take it serious in the jnrs how you gonna be serious in the seniors??????thats why we have lost 3 games in 2 years because the team is serious about winning........@|

thats my opinion..........

WDCAcricketer;161060 said:
Any Junior coaches confirmed for the comming season? Confirmed will be coaching ANA under 15s, will start preseason in Early August.

yep me.........u/17'a's again at willy......we will start 2 weeks before the season starts........

Anyone been reading the local paper?

Chadwick and Dean from Werribee are going to England to represent Australia in the Under 16 squad. Good effort from the boys its good to see the WDCA producing talent like that.

Right Arm Speed;170315 said:
Anyone been reading the local paper?

Chadwick and Dean from Werribee are going to England to represent Australia in the Under 16 squad. Good effort from the boys its good to see the WDCA producing talent like that.

guns..................

First training run for ANA starts 12 aug down at Angliss reserve Yarraville. Good luck to all the Junior teams for the comming season.

Hows the numbers looking for Under 17 teams out there?

We had six under 17 players turn up on Sunday to senior pre season training.
Seem very keen which is good to see. Didnt have much success last year, though most were first year.

weapons05/06;174525 said:
i know on our list we got 29 17's but how many will play........ im sure most of them........

Which players are the ones to watch out for?,

We've got big plans for a couple of our boys, in Josh Kukucka and Daniel Nightingale, both 14 year olds, will be aiming to play a couple of 1st games this year in the seniors, exciting times ahead. Hopefully we get Daniels 17 year old brother back after he finishes his exams. Both very good keepers and probably both going for the same spot in the Firsts.

WDCAcricketer;175635 said:
Which players are the ones to watch out for?,

We've got big plans for a couple of our boys, in Josh Kukucka and Daniel Nightingale, both 14 year olds, will be aiming to play a couple of 1st games this year in the seniors, exciting times ahead. Hopefully we get Daniels 17 year old brother back after he finishes his exams. Both very good keepers and probably both going for the same spot in the Firsts.

i know 4 of them have already told me they are gonna concentrate on their senior cricket which is fair enough and i wouldnt hold any kid back....but they have promied me games against the stronger jnr clubs.......so we will see alot of first year players id think in the a's this year..........even if we go back a cog to go forward next year it wouldnt bother me at all..........rohan smith will be assisting me with the development of the kids as much as he can which if i were a kid id thrive on...........i play with him and he is an absolute champion.........

weapons05/06;175641 said:
i know 4 of them have already told me they are gonna concentrate on their senior cricket which is fair enough and i wouldnt hold any kid back....but they have promied me games against the stronger jnr clubs.......so we will see alot of first year players id think in the a's this year..........even if we go back a cog to go forward next year it wouldnt bother me at all..........rohan smith will be assisting me with the development of the kids as much as he can which if i were a kid id thrive on...........i play with him and he is an absolute champion.........

Rohan Smith was a Exceptional junior cricketer, if he had chosen cricket over footy he would of went far, had lots of talent, just shows how good he is, after having a long absence from the game ends up playing Firsts, great effort.

WDCAcricketer;175653 said:
Rohan Smith was a Exceptional junior cricketer, if he had chosen cricket over footy he would of went far, had lots of talent, just shows how good he is, after having a long absence from the game ends up playing Firsts, great effort.

he was playing firsts at the age of 15 down at willy......

Any junior clubs out there interested in setting up a practice game for a
Under 15 team against a local West Metro team in Yarraville, to be played on McIvor reserve in Yarraville on Matts. Could also possibly organise a under 17 team too.

Possible dates could include:
23 Sept Sunday
30 Sept Sunday

If interested pm me
cheers
good look for the comming season

BAD NEWS.........

looks like the u/17's job i should be getting will be no longer.......the captian would like me to concentrate on my senior cricket which is a little dissapointing but as im not that old and have a fair career still ahead of me its time i start to work on my game a little more which i havnt been doing much of in the last couple of years.........as im still hungry for winning grannies as ARNIE would say....ill be back.........

i will be coaching the wdca u/21's though

weapons05/06;176291 said:
BAD NEWS.........

looks like the u/17's job i should be getting will be no longer.......the captian would like me to concentrate on my senior cricket which is a little dissapointing but as im not that old and have a fair career still ahead of me its time i start to work on my game a little more which i havnt been doing much of in the last couple of years.........as im still hungry for winning grannies as ARNIE would say....ill be back.........

Fair enough, l know coaching takes alot of work, it did affect my own performance last season, but its rewarding when you get the kids playing in the seniors and doing well.I think captaining the 2nds at the same time didnt help either. Think the key is to get the fitness up, as its a long day from 7.30am to 6.30pm. Last season carrying to much extra padding, hopefully with a hard preseason, might able to improve this season.

weapons05/06;176291 said:
BAD NEWS.........

Hey weapons,

I know of a kid who is about 18 who plays for Willi Colts, he played in their 1s last year..... Jacob Willis.
Tim Hynes for Newport Digman is ok but I'm not 100% if he is under 21???

Also Nathan Bratby son of Steve Bratby is going to be a gun, only playing under 15 ATM.....

Back