The Big Leg-Break

well!In 1 match I got four wickets.And at the first ball I bowled leg break and the batsman got out at the first ball.He got bowled.Well!that was 1 year back.I think it was 3 or 4 overs I bowled.Dont remember runs.As I used to get 2 or 3 wickets in 4 over one year back.Now I have not played much matches.In one match,4 or 5 months before,I bowled 8 over,A match of 40 overs.I bowled a flipper,that went full toss wide.Batsman played the ball and gave a catch to fine leg.A very good batsman in front of me.I bowled a leg break,got an edge.caught behind.As it was a club practice match,the umpire was of the batting side and he did'nt give that out.Then I bowled a googly,he stepped out and he was caught at a leading edge to cover's.Again leg break,edged the umpire did'nt give that out.and my team players or fielders left two catches.What I see is,it should be 6 wickets,but 2.

I am not playing any matches right now.I practice at my backyard.I will go for selections.I am improving my action and many variations.I am bowling from the age of 11 and batting from 4.I am now 13.And I have 3 "Mystery ball"

well!In 1 match I got four wickets.And at the first ball I bowled leg break and the batsman got out at the first ball.He got bowled.Well!that was 1 year back.I think it was 3 or 4 overs I bowled.Dont remember runs.As I used to get 2 or 3 wickets in 4 over one year back.Now I have not played much matches.In one match,4 or 5 months before,I bowled 8 over,A match of 40 overs.I bowled a flipper,that went full toss wide.Batsman played the ball and gave a catch to fine leg.A very good batsman in front of me.I bowled a leg break,got an edge.caught behind.As it was a club practice match,the umpire was of the batting side and he did'nt give that out.Then I bowled a googly,he stepped out and he was caught at a leading edge to cover's.Again leg break,edged the umpire did'nt give that out.and my team players or fielders left two catches.What I see is,it should be 6 wickets,but 2.

I am not playing any matches right now.I practice at my backyard.I will go for selections.I am improving my action and many variations.I am bowling from the age of 11 and batting from 4.I am now 13.And I have 3 "Mystery ball"

Good work Shivam keep going! Are there many clubs where you live? Is there a lot of competition to get in the teams?

Warne stated that his grip is two finger down two finger down and the ball just sits in between them and the thumb rests on the ball.I asked to my coach what role does the thumb play he say "It helps the seam go perpendicular to the pitch".And when I tried it I was astonished by the turn
So summing up for the biggest legbreak possible for me:
bowl as round as you can
keep your thumb on the ball
let the seam hit the deck
flick your wrist as hard as possible
And ill share a video in which warne gets both sidespin+topspin and a pure legbreak

How come these videos are private only? I can't seem to view them. Is it a channel I need be subscribed to?

Back