The future of Australia's wicket-keeping.

Should we split the wicket-keepers for Tests and ODI's when Adam Gilchrist retires?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Try it for one season and see what happens

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The future of Australia's wicket-keeping.

Most people agree Haddin is the next in-line short term. The fact remains that he will be 30+ yrs old by the time that happens, hardly a long term option.

Who is the long term option?

I don't think we should be tinkering with this suggestion unless we know both can play. It cou work for a short time but if one is failing and the other is excelling, we should be looking at one playing both instead

I think the best choice would be Brad Haddin. Age isn't necessarily a bad trait. At 29, Haddin has skippered NSW and would be very useful in the Aussie side, because he can lead a side, and his batting and keeping skills are nearly as good as Gilly's.

Chris Hartley and Adam Croswaithe are probably not good enough with the bat to be a real candidates. They are about as good as Healy and is good with the gloves. They are both young, so they can easily improve their batting.

Luke Ronchi and Tim Paine are both young aggressive batsman and are equally good with the gloves. They have been excellent so far, with Paine posting a double century and both showing great form in the Ford Ranger Cup.

Test ODI
1st Haddin Haddin
2nd Paine Ronchi
3rd Ronchi Paine
4th Hartley Hartley
5th Croswaithe Croswaithe

I reckon that they should go with Brad Haddin and Tim Paine. Both can fit in the team. And they would be great for Australia.

Try it for one season and see what happens

Paine keeps for Tassie only in the one-dayers. Clingleffer keeps in the longer form.

Brad Haddin is 10X better than any of the other players mentioned. He has experience, maturity and is a gun keeper. He deserves his chance.

Back