The Lounge 2

That's what I meant when I said that things seemed to be clear for each of you but not for me. :)
I'm not really into football and I certainly don't watch any British teams playing. Not sure about womens football yet, don't think I'll become a fan. But do hope Aussie girls win! :D

England made it! Third goal. Game over. Eight minutes to play including extra time. England playing for time now.
"Britain to come to a standstill to see if Lionesses can waltz past the Matildas" wrote Mail Online. :rolleyes: Sounds like Gary Lineker.
Spain vs England in the final. No doubt who I'll be rooting for.

Last edited:
England made it! Third goal. Game over. Eight minutes to play including extra time. England playing for time now.
"Britain to come to a standstill to see if Lionesses can waltz past the Matildas" wrote Mail Online. :rolleyes: Sounds like Gary Lineker.
Spain vs England in the final. No doubt who I'll be rooting for.
There's calls for a public holiday if England win. I have to say though now I do hope they beat Spain as I don't agree with the animal cruelty they call bull fighting.
Shame the Aussie girls are out, they did Australia proud to get this far. Good on you Tildas!! 😍

Has anyone of you actually taken into account the loyalty conflict I'm having while watching today's semi - at a very unusual time, BTW? It's all clear for each of you it seems but not that easy for me. See that?
Where is the conflict Thomas as surely you are supporting the Matildas as is Jessica, our honorary Aussie. The Tillies who were under enormous pressure from having to perform in front of a home crowd, just fell short against the better drilled English girls who shut down our danger players. Still the Aussie girls can be so proud of their brave effort, one which will inspire a generation..

Last edited:
I like the way the two losing semi-finalists sides play for 3rd and 4th place which will be between Sweden and Australia. A 3rd place is like an Olympic Bronze medal to me, and to others. So the Matildas will play Sweden this Saturday and the final between Spain and England will happen this coming Sunday.

Where is the conflict Thomas as surely you are supporting the Matildas as is Jessica, our honorary Aussie.
I guess in this forum and context here I should be. :D Remember, though, that only Jessica had been promoted. :D I'm truly unbiased in this case which I rarely am which makes it so difficult. I'd have liked the Matildas to win, too. In the case of Eng vs Spain I'm not unbiased since, like Jessica, I deeply resent the bullfights.
I noticed that the commentator failed to stay neutral by increasingly pointing out that there's a "European" team playing against an Aussie one and that the finals will be an "all-European" one.

I guess in this forum and context here I should be. :D Remember, though, that only Jessica had been promoted. :D I'm truly unbiased in this case which I rarely am which makes it so difficult. I'd have liked the Matildas to win, too. In the case of Eng vs Spain I'm not unbiased since, like Jessica, I deeply resent the bullfights.
I noticed that the commentator failed to stay neutral by increasingly pointing out that there's a "European" team playing against an Aussie one and that the finals will be an "all-European" one.
I take my promotion seriously! :p
I hope England thrash Spain on Sunday. I don't know how anyway can stab bulls and then kill them, let alone watch and cheer in an arena 😡

I thought about it again whether I am really 100% neutral with regard to the UK and AUS as I'd assumed and came to the conclusion that, all things considered, I'm not. The balance is moving towards Aussie land. 😊

Well, Spain did it and just beat England. The winning goal was sublime.I picked England to win but in hindsight, Spain deserved their win.
And all that noise about a stolen kiss on the lips. 😮
Agreed that was wrong and stupid, and sadly a distraction of the big story. Spain won, England 2nd, Sweden 3rd and Australia 4th!

I thoroughly enjoyed the series. 😊

Back