The need of exercise while growing

Auzayr

The need of exercise while growing

Hi,
I am 16 years old and still growing, I was wondering is it REALLY IMPORTANT that u exercise because as I am growing I am getting bigger (muscular) stronger without exercise and my bowling speed is naturally increasing. I thought I could SERIOUSLY start working out around 20 when ive stopped growing, is that advisable?
So the main question is, is exercise that important as you can get stronger as you grow?

Thanks

Re: The need of exercise while growing

Exercise is important on so many levels, not just for increasing strength or sports performance. It can affect mental well being, help to install discipline and lead to new and exciting avenues.

In terms of your question, then yes, you will get stronger naturally as you grow but why not give it a hand and make sure that you're in the best condition possible?

The key when growing is to make sure that you're working within your limits and not over doing it. Consult a qualified coach (most uni's will have someone you can talk to) and get them to assess you and devise a plan. Learning the correct technique is vital and something that I cannot stress enough, especially if you're considering any form of weight training.

Re: The need of exercise while growing

Very true - working out isn't just for making you strong. It also improves your co-ordination and flexibility and all the other stuff that Mas mentioned.

Back