The new beginning...

Re: The new beginning...

Why don't we work out the rules so when we are ready to start we don't have to wait.

Ok, here are my proposals:

1.Salary cap of say 3.3 million, which would mean avg salary per player is 300k. Minimum salary of 50k?

2.A squad would have to be balanced i assume, and this would mean 6 batsman (including a keeper), 1 all rounder, and 4 bowlers if we have 11 man squads. If 12 man squads you can have an extra of whatever you want.

3.I think years on a contract would also be a good addition, so if they wanted to leave mid-contract they would have to be traded (not sure if this idea would work, so only a suggestion)

This is all i can think of, please add anything i missed

carn tigez;220560 said:
I thought you were running it?

I'm simming it, we're all kind of running it @|

Anyway i am not a very creative person so i need some feedback on my team name suggestions :eek:

carn tigez;220561 said:
Why don't we work out the rules so when we are ready to start we don't have to wait.

Ok, here are my proposals:

1.Salary cap of say 3.3 million, which would mean avg salary per player is 300k. Minimum salary of 50k?

2.A squad would have to be balanced i assume, and this would mean 6 batsman (including a keeper), 1 all rounder, and 4 bowlers if we have 11 man squads. If 12 man squads you can have an extra of whatever you want.

3.I think years on a contract would also be a good addition, so if they wanted to leave mid-contract they would have to be traded (not sure if this idea would work, so only a suggestion)

This is all i can think of, please add anything i missed

1. Salary cap of 4m.

2. Squads of 12.

3. 2 to 3 season contracts.

In my opinion, I'm starting to think you just nick a team name from a state team from somewhere around the world. EG Johannesberg, Delhi, Somerset, Guyana, Victoria, Christchurch, Columbo, Lahore :D, Harare etc.

Then just wack a decent nickname on the end.

I am more for invented names

Russian Drinkers would be where i played

or

Jen's Eleven for Ljp ;)

carn tigez;220665 said:
1-3 Season contracts I reckon

And made up names are better

Yes they can be better. But, for all the names that have been thrown up here, we might as well call ourselves the Mighty Ducks of District 5.

So, are we starting this after the current test? We should start as soon as we can.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;220682 said:
Yes they can be better. But, for all the names that have been thrown up here, we might as well call ourselves the Mighty Ducks of District 5.

What's wrong with bayside brawlers?

Hows this looking lads?

The quicker the comp gets going the interested posters will hang around.

Whats the status?

Out of the players we currently have, I suggest we form two teams and they play each other for the time being (maybe a couple of games). While this is going on, we should focus on recruiting some more players to the competition. I'm sure a few of the guys from the defunct fantasy websites would be up for a game.

If anyone you know is looking for a comp to join, let them know about BigCricket. @|

Back