The new beginning...

Re: The new beginning...

Are these teams going to be the ones we use for the new competition also? I don't think that should happen if that's the case. Once we get enough people for four teams, we should organize the captains for the four clubs and then have a big draft for the pool of players.

carn tigez;220916 said:
I don't know, maybe we will do another re-draft when we have enough for 4 teams

That's the impression I was under.

Ljp86;220915 said:
Are these teams going to be the ones we use for the new competition also? I don't think that should happen if that's the case. Once we get enough people for four teams, we should organize the captains for the four clubs and then have a big draft for the pool of players.

Thinking about it I agree. As we bring in more people we can just form the 3rd eleven etc. Once we have over 48 players then the bidding and salary cap can come into it

Sorry for being such a rookie, but how exactly does this all work? Are there 2 captains that draft players or...?

JSFish;220948 said:
Sorry for being such a rookie, but how exactly does this all work? Are there 2 captains that draft players or...?

pretty much 2 teams have now been worked out. Games will be played using a simulator and a text based commentary will be posted.

So i assume now we try to get people over here and get reserves in our squads, and then when we have enough for (2?) more teams we put everyone into a pool and draft from the start? Or will we just put the new players into their own team with an experienced player as captain?

carn tigez;221018 said:
So i assume now we try to get people over here and get reserves in our squads, and then when we have enough for (2?) more teams we put everyone into a pool and draft from the start? Or will we just put the new players into their own team with an experienced player as captain?

we will start to encourage more and more people across here hopefully and advertise the fact that we are going to run a draft with a salary cap. something different to other forums

then we get enough for 4 teams we dissolve these warm up teams and start proper new franchiases

boncer34;222515 said:
No.

Are we going to remain in this forum with all the other game things?

No, there will be a seperate board once things get underway.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;220428 said:
Ok ladies and gents I've got the right idea here.

Think IPL. Think player bidding. Think a salary cap. Think it would be interesting to see what players are worth!

Every 2 or 3 seasons (me thinks 3), we have a new bidding sesh (LJP will bring the hash brownies and super cookies).

We have 18 keen lads here (if there are any ladies please bitch slap me and I'll say I'm sorry) and this means we should be able to create 2 teams.

Now heres the hard bit. We are going to tell the World XI to get stuffed and they can play someone else. A big part of the enjoyment in this is the banter. This means, no more playing sides that don't talk back to our sledges.

Therefore, everyone who is involved here has to get off their hiney and talk to mates, pets, family and strangers and tell them to sign on and get involved! I don't care if you see the guy who rooted your girlfriend in the supermarket. Tell him about big cricket. Then punch him in the face.

If we can have 4 sides going within the next 4 months it will be fantastic. We should look to have a long term view of 8 sides.

There shall be nooo SoO. Nooo Tests. Nooo Bonus points and nooo sooking about who is simming games.

Star players from each season will be put into a team of the season thread. Awards will be won. Bragging rights will be held.

It will be enjoyable.

Trust me.

I reckon we should stick with this plan.

loopy_cam;223898 said:
I reckon we should stick with this plan.

That was a suggestion, not a plan and it's not practical. I've said that if this season is a success then we can have an auction.

Reckon it's about time to have its own Board. It has pretty much took over the Games Board and would better suit being sorted into 2 boards. 1 for the BCFCL and 1 for the Cricket Games and Tipping.

Would standout more also which would likely draw more members to sign up.

scottyD;223984 said:
Reckon it's about time to have its own Board. It has pretty much took over the Games Board and would better suit being sorted into 2 boards. 1 for the BCFCL and 1 for the Cricket Games and Tipping.

Would standout more also which would likely draw more members to sign up.
Would love to but neither Ljp, Guru, ONB or myself can do that. We need to wait for Huss to come online and give the admins extra rights to do so.

Back