U15 Hatch 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: U15 Hatch 09/10

mr cricket;374670 said:
bundoora will dominate. theyve won it already.
preston wont be to bad.
ivanhoe...have no one!
Can you back up your statement with some stats. Who are the nobodies at Ivanhoe?

Sam Harbinson is at Ivanhoe and he is definately not a no one. Preston has 11 Pathways players from last year so they should do well too. 6 Cowboys 2 Falcons 2 Northern rivers and 1 from the Western Wizards.

199 not out;375161 said:
yous must not of seen telent when it hit u in the face j.lyon is a up and comign star and u left him out you are shocking. and same with l.moran he is going to be a great alrounder and u left him out hatch 9-10 is going to be shit this year
Interesting comment considering Prestons side has 11 players who played Pathways last year and 1 who played Hatch but don't let facts get in the way of your posts.

Goliath;375376 said:
Interesting comment considering Prestons side has 11 players who played Pathways last year and 1 who played Hatch but don't let facts get in the way of your posts.

Exactly Goliath, it's tough to argue with that! The Preston team list looks very good and your info clarifies this. I am sure the other Hatch clubs will also build the best lists they can. These kids, such as "199 not out", unreasonably challenge and ridicule the decisions of selectors/coaches, that have many many years of cricketing knowledge and expertise, in a manner that is an insult to such people. I have no idea why anyone would do that? It is just laughable if not sad. I am not talking about having a reasonable and constructive difference of opinion, that is a different matter all together. That I am fine with. It's the way they deliver their opinions that I find so offensive. The many good people who voluntarily put in so much of their time and resources into junior cricket development, are in fact, the victims of their ill considered comments, along with the players/teams they target.

But then apparently I am an embarrassment, so what would I know? :(

I have recently heard that Preston City Oval will not be available for the Hatch carnival. Can anyone confirm that? That would be a shame since this is a fantastic venue with an excellent playing surface. If this is true where would Preston play it's home games?

onemoreover;375409 said:
I have recently heard that Preston City Oval will not be available for the Hatch carnival. Can anyone confirm that? That would be a shame since this is a fantastic venue with an excellent playing surface. If this is true where would Preston play it's home games?

The VSDCA website does not have fixtures up yet, so no info there.

MPS4L;375223 said:
and brunswick shithouse

Your poor opinion of Brunswick is interesting. Last year they did struggle for sure. However considering they have been preparing since around July this year from an administrative perspective indicates they may be well organized with a high intent to succeed. Most of the players will come from outside your local cricket area/competitions, so how have you assessed the potential players? All this considering I don't see any final team posted on their website as yet.

So can you substantiate what you say?

Goliath;375375 said:
Sam Harbinson is at Ivanhoe and he is definately not a no one. Preston has 11 Pathways players from last year so they should do well too. 6 Cowboys 2 Falcons 2 Northern rivers and 1 from the Western Wizards.

Not withstanding the other player selections, the Northern Rivers region currently produces some excellent junior cricketers.

onemoreover;375418 said:
Your poor opinion of Brunswick is interesting. Last year they did struggle for sure. However considering they have been preparing since around July this year from an administrative perspective indicates they may be well organized with a high intent to succeed. Most of the players will come from outside your local cricket area/competitions, so how have you assessed the potential players? All this considering I don't see any final team posted on their website as yet.

Furthermore, Brunswick have appointed David Mackay, a level 2 accredited coach, who currently also plays Premier Cricket at Essendon.

I think this is further indication they have higher goals than the results of last Hatch season.

So again could MPS4L please substantiate his comments?

This is the last warning you guys are getting. Bagging and calling sides shit is not on, lets keep on the subject of cricket can we please? Every one has a right to reply so lets keep it within the RULES.

The Wizz;375430 said:
This is the last warning you guys are getting. Bagging and calling sides shit is not on, lets keep on the subject of cricket can we please? Every one has a right to reply so lets keep it within the RULES.

Thx Wizz for your intervention and rightly so! However if you do need to take control, can it be on an individual basis rather than killing the thread, if that would be the ultimate intent. There are at least some good posters here.

Good work!

cheers

onemoreover;375418 said:

i was meant to put a '?' there, but anyways, from other seasons ago, they havnt been the best team. We will just let there playing do the talking.

MPS4L;375474 said:
i was meant to put a '?' there, but anyways, from other seasons ago, they havnt been the best team. We will just let there playing do the talking.

Ok we will take that on face value then.

Brunswick are I am sure, a proud sub district club. They like all the clubs, put much effort into running a Hatch program for many reasons. However there could be some valid reasons why they have not performed as well as other clubs or they would like.

For example The club is located in a very old area of the Melbourne inner suburbs. Unlike where we live where it is growing and populating with new families all the time, Brunswick does not have this luxury. So the pool of players is not as immediately available or identifiable - maybe. I may be wrong on that of course. But the point is, that Brunswick could have difficulties that other clubs don't and we also don't know about.

In the end all that is important really is that they participate to the best of their ability and contribute to the success of the Hatch program.

cheers

GR8*1;375487 said:
Anyone no why the HDCA junior page closed?

It would appear the "acceptable usage policy" of those forums have been abused. Example multiple user accounts, personal abuse etc.

I am not sure when/if they will be re-opened.

Mas Cambios, one of the moderators may be able to elaborate.

onemoreover;375496 said:
It would appear the "acceptable usage policy" of those forums have been abused. Example multiple user accounts, personal abuse etc.

I am not sure when/if they will be re-opened.

Mas Cambios, one of the moderators may be able to elaborate.

yer i made a hdca forum and before anyone even posted anything it got shut down.

yer i was probably a bit harsh on ivanhoe saying no one. but i do still think they will struggle. they do have sam harbinson who is a very good bowler and batsman. they have couchy whos a little superstar from eat ivanhoe. shane doherty who bowls okay leggies proves himself handy with the bat sometimes nothing specail though. and as far as ive heard thats it as far as it goes for ' big names' in the hdca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back