U15 Hatch 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: U15 Hatch 09/10

onemoreover;376149 said:
I think I just realized why I never got picked. :eek:

I must have got by on pure ability. Some even say that I must be adopted!

Only joking Mum.

I reckon I played for Ivanhoe in the Hatch in 1983 and 84. Ivanhoe Hatch are still up and running yeah?

cold case;376116 said:
1- Attend every training session
2- Be proactive at training/discussion
3- Perform against the better sides in your competion. Runs and wickets are good but not worth a pinch of crap against the weak sides. Coaces/selectors only regard quality performances.
4- Bat and bowl well at practise.
5- If you have a nice looking milf mum, take her with you.:D

Good points CC!

Oh and I have seen some of those moderately interested long faced mums at games. Yep some of them just don't get cricket at all. But who are we to complain. :cool:

cold case;376153 said:
I must have got by on pure ability. Some even say that I must be adopted!

Only joking Mum.

I reckon I played for Ivanhoe in the Hatch in 1983 and 84. Ivanhoe Hatch are still up and running yeah?

They are of course so it looks like you did your job back then. Has there been any recalls though? That could be the real test :p

onemoreover;376014 said:
OK since this is a rep cricket thread and I often see comments about "why did this person get selected" or "that person should have been picked" and "that person should never have made it either" etc. etc., let's pose and attempt to answer the questions.............

a) How do I maximize my chance of selection?
and
b) What qualities are those making the selections looking for?

Let see if we can pin this touchy subject of rep cricket selection down. Remember to think about it as if you were making the selections yourself. Don't apply your own personal bias's to your replies. Be objective and open minded.:D

I will try to contribute along the way as well. I think it will be interesting to see what we come up with!

I will expand my thoughts on Cold Case's list.

a) How do I maximize my chance of selection?

1 Juniors need the full support of your parents, period.
2- Attend every training session
3- Be proactive at training/discussion
4- Perform against the better sides in your competion. Runs and wickets are good but not worth a pinch of crap against the weak sides. Coaches/selectors only regard quality performances.
( this point of Cold Case's is very very valid! However sometimes future development potential is seen in some players even if they are not currently performing at their best. So that can contribute to a gig as well)
5- Bat and bowl well at practise.
6/ High level cricket places a premium on fielding ability. Get as good as you can at it. It may be the one factor that tips selection in your favour!
7- Listen and pay attention to the coaches and officals.
8- Display and execute a team focus, not individual focus.
9- Have at least a couple of skills you are good at. Batting/bowling, batting/fielding, bowling/fielding. etc. etc. More skills - more options.

b) What qualities are those making the selections looking for?

1- You are postive positive positive.
2- Maintain confidence, even when it turns ugly for you. What happens next is all that is important, not what just happened.
3- Friendly, well mannered, organised, supportive and fit well into a team environment.
4- You are independent and manage yourself well both on and off the field.
5- You have real INTENT - to train, to play, to learn, to improve.
6- Disappointment is a core feature of cricket.:( If you understand that, you will succeed. Good coaches and officials know this, they will hope you do.
7- You enjoy yourself as a member of the training quad/team.

NEXT..........................

Preston will dominate, no questions asked.
with the likes of-
doddato
emmins
McLeod
turner
worthington
and staples,
the side SHOULD be unbeatable.

MPS4L;376185 said:
Preston will dominate, no questions asked.
with the likes of-
doddato
emmins
McLeod
turner
worthington
and staples,
the side SHOULD be unbeatable.

Go MPS4L, throwing down the challenge to last seasons Preston side. Not losing a game in the round robin part of the carnival is not easy. However obviously it is not impossible either. :D Wish them well.

Staples, Rudd and Emmins look good players from what I see. Not familiar with the full player list. Looks like some very competent spinners in the mix as well. Again they have some northern rivers region cricketers. I think they have a secret machine up there that churns out quality players by the dozens. Plus the juniors play on turf up there, lucky kids.

onemoreover;376191 said:
Go MPS4L, throwing down the challenge to last seasons Preston side. Not losing a game in the round robin part of the carnival is not easy. However obviously it is not impossible either. :D Wish them well.

Staples, Rudd and Emmins look good players from what I see. Not familiar with the full player list. Looks like some very competent spinners in the mix as well. Again they have some northern rivers region cricketers. I think they have a secret machine up there that churns out quality players by the dozens. Plus the juniors play on turf up there, lucky kids.

BOP's will give preston a run for there money

onemoreover;376204 said:
Do you have a team list? None at their website it would appear.

From my resources, the team should be up at the end of the week, by friday night hopefully

Update on Prestons side. Bill Jenkin(LP) has decided to play at Brunswick coz he will get more opportunity there (go figure) and Max Waters(NEW) has taken his spot. Preston plays Cowboys this Sunday at Moore Pk in a 40 overs each practice match. Ivanhoe have announced there Hatch side.
Jack Sassella
Sam Harbinson
Troy Haynes
Liam Kennedy
Trent Crouch
James Kerr
Nick Huntington
Billy Hogan all East Ivanhoe Saints
Tim and Dan Nielson Ivanhoe
Michael Adams Bundoora
Michael Italia Banyule
Jack Baxter
Shane Doherty Macleod

Goliath;376288 said:
Update on Prestons side. Bill Jenkin(LP) has decided to play at Brunswick coz he will get more opportunity there (go figure) and Max Waters(NEW) has taken his spot. Preston plays Cowboys this Sunday at Moore Pk in a 40 overs each practice match. Ivanhoe have announced there Hatch side.
Jack Sassella
Sam Harbinson
Troy Haynes
Liam Kennedy
Trent Crouch
James Kerr
Nick Huntington
Billy Hogan all East Ivanhoe Saints
Tim and Dan Nielson Ivanhoe
Michael Adams Bundoora
Michael Italia Banyule
Jack Baxter
Shane Doherty Macleod

under 16's cowboys? or 14's?

MPS4L;376363 said:
under 16's cowboys? or 14's?
Preston v Cowboys U16s. Preston will have a couple missing due to Sat/Sun VSDCA fixtures but are looking to have a decent hitout so should be a good game. Unfortunately its not on turf. Got a feeling Cowboys think its a walk in the park. Good luck for that.

Goliath;376366 said:
Preston v Cowboys U16s. Preston will have a couple missing due to Sat/Sun VSDCA fixtures but are looking to have a decent hitout so should be a good game. Unfortunately its not on turf. Got a feeling Cowboys think its a walk in the park. Good luck for that.

is murray white in the cowboys?

swifty_147;376397 said:

I am sure I saw a 2009/10 Cowboys U16 final team list that included him, but I can't find it at the moment. Still searching.

It would appear he has also been selected in the HDCA's VMCU U21 Neil Wright Shield team. If I am not mistaken these two competitions do not conflict with playing dates.

swifty_147;376397 said:

Ok I found the team list here..........

Diamond Valley Cricket Association

In short, yes, Murray White did get selected in the final 2009/10 Northern Cowboys side.

BTW Swifty, I heard your team or memmbers of the team, were somewhat less than sportsman like towards Murray last week. Is that true? I don't have a lot of detail, but thats essentially what I heard.

Goliath;376366 said:

The weather may be the winner given the forecast. :(

onemoreover;376428 said:
Ok I found the team list here..........

Diamond Valley Cricket Association

In short, yes, Murray White did get selected in the final 2009/10 Northern Cowboys side.

BTW Swifty, I heard your team or memmbers of the team, were somewhat less than sportsman like towards Murray last week. Is that true? I don't have a lot of detail, but thats essentially what I heard.

you seem to know an awful about murray white my friend. do you find him attractive?

Keep guessing;376467 said:
you seem to know an awful about murray white my friend. do you find him attractive?

So sorry if I have been stepping on your toes. I will get out of the way right now and leave you to it. How thoughtless of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back