Videos and Links

Here's a couple of good links. Ones from the originator of the link an Aussie Blog that I subscribe to

http://downthewicket.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-easy-to-go-bonkers-on-such-task-but.html

The other is the link on the blog that takes you to the article 'Australias top 25'

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...ime-our-cricketers-decide-20111024-1mgc1.html

In the list issued so far - the top five are being held back as it's being serialised in the SMH - there's not mention of Grimmett and the Blogger speculates that Grimmett will be in the Top five, we'll have to wait and see.

I thought I'd make a frame by frame picture of Warne's action and gif animation that are from the Spin King DVD I have, hope you guys approve.

WarneActionfront.jpg
Warne-Action-front.gif
WarneActionsidesmall.jpg
Warne-Action-side-small.gif

Jesus that is amazing - how the hell did you do that!

Used tmpegenc to crop & deinterlace the dvd with interpolation double frame rate to get the 50fps(and not blended 25fps) & then outputed as seperates jpg's. Then used adobe photoshop to insert the jpg's and create an animation. Witht the jpg's with individual frames I used the manual method of pasting them into windows paint. I wish I knew of an easier program because it takes forever to do that. It's much faster creating the gif's.

Used tmpegenc to crop & deinterlace the dvd with interpolation double frame rate to get the 50fps(and not blended 25fps) & then outputed as seperates jpg's. Then used adobe photoshop to insert the jpg's and create an animation. Witht the jpg's with individual frames I used the manual method of pasting them into windows paint. I wish I knew of an easier program because it takes forever to do that. It's much faster creating the gif's.

Is there anything on Youtube do you know that shows you how to make the gif animations? (I'm bing lazy here, I should go and look myself)! It looks pretty amazing. Do you use video editing software at all, as I've had to buy a new PC in the last couple of weeks and I've got that awful windows 7 and they've totally screwed up window movie maker. So now I'm scratching around looking for freeware that'll allow me to eidt my Youtube vids.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. I came across a video of Shane Warne showing a kid his bowling action. The kid got's a better action than me lol.

Is there anything on Youtube do you know that shows you how to make the gif animations? (I'm bing lazy here, I should go and look myself)! It looks pretty amazing. Do you use video editing software at all

Tmpegenc is the video encoding software, photoshop is just the photo editing software. I don't know what's out there that is free. I haven't looked but I'm sure there are lots video's on youtube to show how to make the gifs.

He has such a massive stride onto his pivot foot, what does that do to his bowling normally?

Yeah I'm not too sure, but his arm reminds me of a trebuchet, where the rope is the wrist and the wooden log bit is his arm. It's amazing to look at and study.

Here's an idea -
This is to be used in conjunction with illustrating descriptions of seam presentation when explaining Spin Bowling. The assumption/premise is that the pitch runs top to bottom so the ball is bowled from the 30' minute end up to the 60' end. The clockface and the inclusion and use of the minutes enables discussion whereby we explain that the seam and direction of the spinning ball is angled towards 52' as in the case of a 'Classic' Leg Break delivery.

Does that make sense?

307344_1256576077284_282_280.jpg

Here's an idea -
This is to be used in conjunction with illustrating descriptions of seam presentation when explaining Spin Bowling. The assumption/premise is that the pitch runs top to bottom so the ball is bowled from the 30' minute end up to the 60' end. The clockface and the inclusion and use of the minutes enables discussion whereby we explain that the seam and direction of the spinning ball is angled towards 52' as in the case of a 'Classic' Leg Break delivery.

Does that make sense?

307344_1256576077284_282_280.jpg

So:
0: topspinner
7: offspinner stock or googly
15 big off break
22 offspin slider or off cutter
30 backspinner
37 legspin slider or leg cutter
45 big leg break
52 legspinner stock or doosra

The only thing this misses out is the option of "flying saucer" type sidespin, as in an offspinner's undercutter or some extremely rare versions of the flipper.

So:
0: topspinner
7: offspinner stock or googly
15 big off break
22 offspin slider or off cutter
30 backspinner
37 legspin slider or leg cutter
45 big leg break
52 legspinner stock or doosra

The only thing this misses out is the option of "flying saucer" type sidespin, as in an offspinner's undercutter or some extremely rare versions of the flipper.

That's it! The fying saucer - Yeah I'm working on that, I'll have to give a bit more thought although I don't think it'll crop up that much in discussions. On the rarity of the flying saucer approach, I'm not so sure that it's that rare to be honest, I've seen Warne somewhere describing it and if you look at the Benaud vids on-line I get the impression that was what he's have called his stock flipper.

this vid has a really good flying saucer delivery at about 5 mins in

It's also just a good vid to study as he really goes through the loop, it's like he's just enjoying messing with the batsmen.

Back