Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

A.B De Villiers;351945 said:
I made my decision based on many factors, some not cricket related. Now I don't think my personal deliberations need to made public on a site like this. As for playing in a higher standard, I think that debate has been bled dry without any real conclusion.

a/b and the weapon to go toe to toe..........;)

I made my decision based on many factors, some not cricket related. Now I don't think my personal deliberations need to made public on a site like this. As for playing in a higher standard, I think that debate has been bled dry without any real conclusion.

a/b and the weapon to go toe to toe..........;)

BigCoq;351934 said:
Got a couple and lost a couple of potential newbies. win some and lose some.The rest of the crew are on board no departures from the hen house yet anyhow.
Got a coach over the weekend all good.
Young A.B. yea a slight crack mate a bit disappointed with your decision but at the end of the day you know whats best for you. Would have loved to see u attend preseason and then make an fully informed decision.
Oh well not to be so best of luck at the Congs and i also hope you get into the finals and dont languish in b grade for the next year or two even though i believe Congs are good enough to play in the A grade.
Kick Ass Kid.

Care to tell us who you appointed Big Q? :)

BigCoq;351934 said:
Got a couple and lost a couple of potential newbies. win some and lose some.The rest of the crew are on board no departures from the hen house yet anyhow.
Got a coach over the weekend all good.
Young A.B. yea a slight crack mate a bit disappointed with your decision but at the end of the day you know whats best for you. Would have loved to see u attend preseason and then make an fully informed decision.
Oh well not to be so best of luck at the Congs and i also hope you get into the finals and dont languish in b grade for the next year or two even though i believe Congs are good enough to play in the A grade.
Kick Ass Kid.

AB,

Don't listen to these guys, you obviously want to play at a higher level and it sounds like you have a plan in place, you will enjoy the Willy Comp, welcome aboard.
You know where you are at with your cricket and life outside of it, you are still young enough (18?) to play local and then move up.

AB,

Don't listen to these guys, you obviously want to play at a higher level and it sounds like you have a plan in place, you will enjoy the Willy Comp, welcome aboard.
You know where you are at with your cricket and life outside of it, you are still young enough (18?) to play local and then move up.

Stump Cam;352037 said:

I dont think you would know him his not from the Willy comp its Peter Thomas played for North Melbourne 1 & 2's. G.U. Champion player,St Andrews Champion player,Altona Roosters Champion & Premiership player.
Has the support and respect of all who know him. Quality bloke!!!

Stump Cam;352037 said:

I dont think you would know him his not from the Willy comp its Peter Thomas played for North Melbourne 1 & 2's. G.U. Champion player,St Andrews Champion player,Altona Roosters Champion & Premiership player.

BigCoq;352040 said:

Go us!!!!

i can concur with the sentiments of BIG COQ PT is all QUALITY
look forward to playing under him.

BigCoq;352040 said:

Go us!!!!

i can concur with the sentiments of BIG COQ PT is all QUALITY
look forward to playing under him.

BigCoq;352040 said:

Na never heard of him, good luck in the VTCA!

BigCoq;352040 said:

Na never heard of him, good luck in the VTCA!

BigCoq;352040 said:

Well done BC, Pete is a quality fella.

BigCoq;352040 said:

borntigerfan;352154 said:

welcome back borntiger fan. Thanks mate very happy with P.T.
hope you guys are going alright considering some of the goings on there.
im sure youll be right.

borntigerfan;352154 said:

welcome back borntiger fan. Thanks mate very happy with P.T.
hope you guys are going alright considering some of the goings on there.
im sure youll be right.

its been a while since my last post on here, well my only post. i only want to post if i have something valid to say. those of you who can remember my last one will know that there was a reason for me being on here. well again i feel the need to have my say.
1st of all, i would like to wellcome AB to the congs. i believe you wont regret your decision. you will be a great addition to this club on our new adventure in the wdca. also, i would like to add that its about time we got a quallity keeper, not that hack backstop that has been there for way too long. all the best mate.
my other point i wanna make is to congratulate PT on his appointment as coach of the roosters. all the best mate and i'm sure you will do a fine job. roosters well done, at least you know you havent got someone just there chasing ca$h.

its been a while since my last post on here, well my only post. i only want to post if i have something valid to say. those of you who can remember my last one will know that there was a reason for me being on here. well again i feel the need to have my say.
1st of all, i would like to wellcome AB to the congs. i believe you wont regret your decision. you will be a great addition to this club on our new adventure in the wdca. also, i would like to add that its about time we got a quallity keeper, not that hack backstop that has been there for way too long. all the best mate.
my other point i wanna make is to congratulate PT on his appointment as coach of the roosters. all the best mate and i'm sure you will do a fine job. roosters well done, at least you know you havent got someone just there chasing ca$h.

reg;352327 said:

Reg say it isn't so your fine legs so disappointed.
Well done snagging A.B. dont know how ya managed it but good onya's.
Hope ya smash b turf to smitherens.

reg;352327 said:

BigCoq;352387 said:

no jim im not fine legs. i used fine legs computer last night and i guess thats why i have been accused of being him. as i have said before, i will only post under my real name and not hide behind an alias. those who know me, know that i will say what i think and stand by what i say. i dont need to hide behind anybody or any other name. now people will be asking me to reveal who fine legs is, but i'm no give up and if he wants to come out to say who he is, thats upto him. he is standing here as i use his computer again and i leave that decision to him. if anyone has a problem, feel free to ring me. my number is easy to get, just ask around.
reg, not fine legs.

BigCoq;352387 said:

no jim im not fine legs. i used fine legs computer last night and i guess thats why i have been accused of being him. as i have said before, i will only post under my real name and not hide behind an alias. those who know me, know that i will say what i think and stand by what i say. i dont need to hide behind anybody or any other name. now people will be asking me to reveal who fine legs is, but i'm no give up and if he wants to come out to say who he is, thats upto him. he is standing here as i use his computer again and i leave that decision to him. if anyone has a problem, feel free to ring me. my number is easy to get, just ask around.
reg, not fine legs.

weapons05/06;352001 said:
lol......i couldnt be stuffed either.....i know tcnthat and was just being a bit sarcastic towards him.......;)

1 point though.......you would rather them play in vtca where the grounds/wickets lets be honest arnt much chop much like local comps........what a better way to improve your game by training on turf playing on quality grounds which district 3rds and 4ths are not so much subby 3rds n 4ths but if you r good enough to play subby 2's which most subby 2's teams are made up of mostly jnr players
you would get to play on grounds/wickets much better than the local comps.......

at the end of the day if kids go to district/subby's clubs im sure it wouldnt be a waste of time even though they wernt good enough to go up the grades.....

and 1 more if they have what it takes they will progress up the grades if they dont show or want to work harder at their game they will go nowhere.......

your right we could debate all day long im a former jnr coach of willy's 17'as(underfeated premiers i might add) and 15'bs its great to see kids take the challenge to go to district which a handfull have and its even better seeing them play with me in the one's and two's at willy at subby level and doing well.........my goal was for them to be prepared to know what to expect and handle different situations that a game of cricket at subby level is all about.......7 have debut over the last 2 years in the ones in a team that hasnt lost that many games and im rapt for them to get an opportunity even if its at my expence.....

cheers

;)

I did say VTCA Senior Div mate. TOBB is right regarding the standard there. Majority of Senior Div sides would touch up the lower half of subbies. Good facilities, decks etc. Very comparable.

Anyway, doesnt matter - good luck AB. Weapons' DP outfit will be giving you plenty to think about I am sure.

weapons05/06;352001 said:
lol......i couldnt be stuffed either.....i know tcnthat and was just being a bit sarcastic towards him.......;)

1 point though.......you would rather them play in vtca where the grounds/wickets lets be honest arnt much chop much like local comps........what a better way to improve your game by training on turf playing on quality grounds which district 3rds and 4ths are not so much subby 3rds n 4ths but if you r good enough to play subby 2's which most subby 2's teams are made up of mostly jnr players
you would get to play on grounds/wickets much better than the local comps.......

at the end of the day if kids go to district/subby's clubs im sure it wouldnt be a waste of time even though they wernt good enough to go up the grades.....

and 1 more if they have what it takes they will progress up the grades if they dont show or want to work harder at their game they will go nowhere.......

your right we could debate all day long im a former jnr coach of willy's 17'as(underfeated premiers i might add) and 15'bs its great to see kids take the challenge to go to district which a handfull have and its even better seeing them play with me in the one's and two's at willy at subby level and doing well.........my goal was for them to be prepared to know what to expect and handle different situations that a game of cricket at subby level is all about.......7 have debut over the last 2 years in the ones in a team that hasnt lost that many games and im rapt for them to get an opportunity even if its at my expence.....

cheers

;)

I did say VTCA Senior Div mate. TOBB is right regarding the standard there. Majority of Senior Div sides would touch up the lower half of subbies. Good facilities, decks etc. Very comparable.

Anyway, doesnt matter - good luck AB. Weapons' DP outfit will be giving you plenty to think about I am sure.

tcnthat;352466 said:
;)

hey tc.....went to my former clubs agm......gee whizz things are on the up there with the new facilities......i havnt checked the website yet but the was a big right up in the local rag.......again gee whizz........9 or 10 mill being spent.........again gee whizz.........;)

tcnthat;352466 said:
;)

hey tc.....went to my former clubs agm......gee whizz things are on the up there with the new facilities......i havnt checked the website yet but the was a big right up in the local rag.......again gee whizz........9 or 10 mill being spent.........again gee whizz.........;)

weapons05/06;352488 said:

Its about time,its been a sh1t heap all my lifetime:eek:

I'll believe it when I see it though??? Its easy to draw up some plans???:(

weapons05/06;352488 said:

hussler;352515 said:

ask the great man.....its all go........you sound like you've played 300 games there......hahahahaha you'veonly drank 25 stubbies in 3 $1000 draws there.........w.a.p

aparently the new training facilties(cricket) will be state of the art.......3 years time after my stint at d/p/a not a bad time to step up to coach subbies which will and always will be a goal of mine to coach the greatest side/club ever in the subbies.........time will tell........;)

hussler;352515 said:

ask the great man.....its all go........you sound like you've played 300 games there......hahahahaha you'veonly drank 25 stubbies in 3 $1000 draws there.........w.a.p

aparently the new training facilties(cricket) will be state of the art.......3 years time after my stint at d/p/a not a bad time to step up to coach subbies which will and always will be a goal of mine to coach the greatest side/club ever in the subbies.........time will tell........;)

weapons05/06;352565 said:

Only time I've ever been at that sh1tbox is when he's buyin,which as you know is very rare.....never ever bought a ticket in any raffle....wouldn't give that joint a cent....P.S.....you got as much hope of coaching Willy as Crock!!!!!!!!!:eek::D

Bulldogs & Willy CC got no $$$$$$$$$$$........rooms wont happen,unless your payin 4 them....hahahaha....:D

weapons05/06;352565 said:

Only time I've ever been at that sh1tbox is when he's buyin,which as you know is very rare.....never ever bought a ticket in any raffle....wouldn't give that joint a cent....P.S.....you got as much hope of coaching Willy as Crock!!!!!!!!!:eek::D

Bulldogs & Willy CC got no $$$$$$$$$$$........rooms wont happen,unless your payin 4 them....hahahaha....:D

How about we get off subbies and the willy comp and back onto to the churches. Any news on the makeup of the comp this year? any more player movements?

How about we get off subbies and the willy comp and back onto to the churches. Any news on the makeup of the comp this year? any more player movements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back