What is the most physically demanding sport?

Re: What is the most physically demanding sport?

Regarding Ice hockey this stuff is fairly insane. Check out the hit where the guy goes through the perspex at the side!!

EDIT: hmm, the youtube imbed thing isn't working...ah well, here's the link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI-jrlaJTgQ"]YouTube - Hockey - HUGE HITS[/ame]

Aerobically and anaerobically i think cross country skiing is the toughest. A stage at the tour de France in the alps or Pyrenees is not for the faint hearted

I'm on board with F1 to some extent, but I'm not convinced. Football is for nancy boys 90 minutes and a 1/4 of that they're standing still earning God knows how much! It's our national game and we're crap at it!
Tennis always looks hard to me - 5 hours, total concentration, agility, strength and stamina it looks mentally demanding and is usually played in hot weather conditions. Things like Triathlons and marathons that just strikes me as being a case of stamina - I remember being a kid and thinking nothing of running home from the outskirts of London if I missed the train home from a Jam gig and that was 23 miles, I'd get up and go to work 3 hours later.

Tour De France - now I reckon that's hard as Mystery has just beaten me to mention!

Water polo - you can't stop swimming during play.

How long does the game go on for - a girlie hour or something more manly?

What about some of those aboriginal type sports recently featured in that program "Last Bloke standing" on the BBC? Man that one in South America where they had to run round the village 20 times (A mile circuit) in bare feet kicking a rock the size of a cricket ball across rocky ground - that was some feat! The westerners only managed 1 circuit at best and their feet were mangled!

not sure how long waterpolo lasts but it gets my vote!

we need liz's input!

Back