Wrist Spin Bowling (part Five)

I have some nets near me that stay wet for days after rain and you cant really tell how your bowling. Its quite frustrating because they just skid on and I reckon you really need the feedback to know how your going.
Its unfortunate that you can't get down the nets more often. I have found that getting down there at least once every two days and sometimes 6 days a week has been the biggest help in my action improving. I found when I only got down there once a week or so it was exactly as you said, you forget bits and remember bits that worked last time and by the end of the session you've only got back to where you were last time at best and haven't really improved.
Its funny how you can bowl your best deliveries consistently and then you put the camera on and they start going everywhere. Happens to me all the time.

Haha yeh the camera is a curse! The great thing is though that it sort of replicates pressure that you might face in matches, so the pressure to produce that perfect delivery for the camera isn't dissimilar to the pressure to produce it to a batsman. Obviously the bad balls don't get punished by the camera though.

Once the weather improves a bit, and with the clocks going forwards this weekend to give an extra hour of sunlight in the evening, then I'll be able to get down the nets every day or 2 (weather is the killer there though, because it will undoubtedly rain for most of April). At present I'm still playing indoor generally one night a week on average, and we have indoor nets one night as well. I need to hit the gym at least twice a week from now to the season start to get my fitness up (although high intensity net practice probably substitutes for one of those sessions), so I just need to try and cram my practice in amongst all of that, plus everyday life. Professional sportsmen don't know how easy they have it. I'd love to spend all day everyday just training, and getting paid to do it!! They should stop whining about hectic schedules and enjoy it whilst they can.

I have some nets near me that stay wet for days after rain and you cant really tell how your bowling. Its quite frustrating because they just skid on and I reckon you really need the feedback to know how your going.
Its unfortunate that you can't get down the nets more often. I have found that getting down there at least once every two days and sometimes 6 days a week has been the biggest help in my action improving. I found when I only got down there once a week or so it was exactly as you said, you forget bits and remember bits that worked last time and by the end of the session you've only got back to where you were last time at best and haven't really improved.
Its funny how you can bowl your best deliveries consistently and then you put the camera on and they start going everywhere. Happens to me all the time.

You've got to make notes I reckon, I do exactly the same thing. I need to keep a note of what it was that I was working on and how it went and what I might do to further tweak it.

Yeh note taking is definitely worthwhile. Last season I would effectively "blog" every practice on here and then look back at it. Should probably read back through what I wrote last season really, might give me some ideas on where to start.

Haha yeh the camera is a curse! The great thing is though that it sort of replicates pressure that you might face in matches, so the pressure to produce that perfect delivery for the camera isn't dissimilar to the pressure to produce it to a batsman. Obviously the bad balls don't get punished by the camera though.

Once the weather improves a bit, and with the clocks going forwards this weekend to give an extra hour of sunlight in the evening, then I'll be able to get down the nets every day or 2 (weather is the killer there though, because it will undoubtedly rain for most of April). At present I'm still playing indoor generally one night a week on average, and we have indoor nets one night as well. I need to hit the gym at least twice a week from now to the season start to get my fitness up (although high intensity net practice probably substitutes for one of those sessions), so I just need to try and cram my practice in amongst all of that, plus everyday life. Professional sportsmen don't know how easy they have it. I'd love to spend all day everyday just training, and getting paid to do it!! They should stop whining about hectic schedules and enjoy it whilst they can.

Yeah I guess your right about it putting on a little extra pressure. I think I rush a bit too trying to get it on camera quickly before the memory runs out. Talking about weather I had my first bowl for a week due to torrential rain we have been having here. It was just as I said before. It took a good half an hour to get any turn and real rhythm going although pleasingly my length was spot on. Then it came together nicely. The best thing is for the last month or so Ive been doing the same thing and its been working well. So fingers crossed I can keep it up.
I also went to different nets tonight that turn very little and I was turning it nicely. The usual nets I go to turn a mile so it was good to see I could turn it on a less friendly pitch.

Yeh note taking is definitely worthwhile. Last season I would effectively "blog" every practice on here and then look back at it. Should probably read back through what I wrote last season really, might give me some ideas on where to start.

it came in handy a few times this season to go back and check what i posted here about certain games earlier in the season, or last season even, and check with the online scorebook as well.

it brought back a lot of things i had forgotten about that happened along the way and a few ideas how jimmy should handle some batsmen or teams in general.

you need a good memory to be a good bowler i reckon. all the batsman are a little bit different and the more you know them the easier it becomes. my fault was i used to put them in catergories going on what great players they reminded me of whereas my young bloke is a different personality to me and he likes to work out their character as much as if they are front foots or whatever.

You've got to make notes I reckon, I do exactly the same thing. I need to keep a note of what it was that I was working on and how it went and what I might do to further tweak it.

I used to make notes when I was starting out. Its funny looking back at some of the ideas I had, especially before I had read anything about it. Its good though although a slow process because its all trial and error. The best thing though is that it gives you a real understanding of what works and what doesn't and why it works. It gives us one up on those buggers that just get it naturally.
I'm really happy with the consistency I am getting lately. I am getting a really big flick of the wrist when I get going and that thing about really using the front arm I was talking to you about is really working well and providing a real reference point for getting my rhythm that doctortran was talking to me about late last year.
I tried getting my arm higher for the wrong un tonight to try and disguise it a bit better as my wrong un has a lower arm action than my leg break and a few blokes at the nets could pick it. It still needs a bit of work but most are turning. Of course there is the occasional ones that are very slow and loopy when I get lazy and don't turn the wrist over properly.
I 'm liking my high arm action again and using it to think about the lines I'm bowling, basically bringing it down in line with the line I want, and my wrist in the karate chop position(your method for getting over googly syndrome) producing nice topspinning leg breaks.
Can't wait to get the camera out this weekend to see what it all looks like as I havent seen my action in ages. Im going to film side on from a distance too like you did in your last videos to get a better idea of the shape Im getting. Good idea that.

it came in handy a few times this season to go back and check what i posted here about certain games earlier in the season, or last season even, and check with the online scorebook as well.

it brought back a lot of things i had forgotten about that happened along the way and a few ideas how jimmy should handle some batsmen or teams in general.

you need a good memory to be a good bowler i reckon. all the batsman are a little bit different and the more you know them the easier it becomes. my fault was i used to put them in catergories going on what great players they reminded me of whereas my young bloke is a different personality to me and he likes to work out their character as much as if they are front foots or whatever.

Thats the part of bowling I really enjoy, working out the tactics to get each batsman out. Its good if you have played them a few times, that makes it a real battle of wits and tactics. Funny in our semi final I bowled against a guy I rated as very good and an excellent driver of the ball. I come on to bowl and the captain starts putting everyone square because one of our batsman reckon hes good square of the wicket. I say no no no, and put two men very straight at mid off, straight mid on another staright extra cover and all the rest of the men in slips and gully and a square leg. Everyone is shaking there head but I want him to try and drive square and get the edge. I didnt get him but he didn't get any runs either, electing not to risk playing square.
I remembered him because he drove me straight for about 6 fours in the previous game. Batsmen, ha what do they know!!

had club nets last night and an indoor match the night before. indoors we batted first and we are rooted to the bottom of the league and losing every week, so nobody really expects anything. we had 4 players but 2 stand ins from another side, one of them was about 12 years old. anyway, our opening partnership was going slow and then one of them retired on 25 runs (off of about 8 overs) and the other got out for about 8 runs shortly after, so I came in at number 4. hit 18 runs off of 10 balls without playing any stupid shots and felt really good, but then got run out in the last over. we ended up with a competitive 110 runs on the board though, one of our highest scores of the season. mostly thanks to extras from the bowlers though really. I hit one awesome drive straight back down the wicket, probably the best shot I've ever played, it just felt perfect, and its a facet of my game that is developing at a rapid rate just from watching how good players do it and trying to add that into my own shots.

our bowling and fielding was dire, bad decisions were made on who to bowl when and field placements, and we basically gifted them the game in the first 4 overs. by the time I got my one over I had about 15 runs to play with. first ball was a rank full toss, but cramped the batsman up trying to smash it and he got caught!! bad balls do indeed take wickets. the problem was that the 5 that followed were equally bad, all going for either wides or no balls (on length) and that took their total past ours. so my worse over of bowling ever got me a wicket, when most weeks that I bowl well I get no reward! I was happy with my batting though and we had lost the game long before I bowled my over.

so on to nets last night. the bad bowling form carried over, I was completely unable to hit my line or length to the left hander that batted first, but I was landing lots of decent deliveries to a right hander. then in came the best batsman, a righty, and all of a sudden I couldnt land anything! it doesnt help that he will prance down the track and smash a perfectly good delivery on the full, seemingly without ever misjudging one. and on the rare occasion you land a better ball (I was pulling my length shorter to premeditate him coming down the track at me) and it turns on him, he still somehow gets a solid defensive shot behind it. I got him caught at least once though, so I can take some positives from it.

I was trying to bowl with lots of sidespin and sometimes backspin (backspin is normally my fail safe option) and was just overpitching too much even when I started to find my line. So I tried to bowl a top spinner just to see if I could land it better and as often happens with my attempted top spinners and googlies, my wrist reverts and ends up bowling big leg breaks lol. It landed on a great line and length and turned nicely, so then I just tried to put loads of overspin on. so the next batsman came in and hes a massive hitter, and was smashing the pace bowlers for what would have been monster 6's, hes just got amazing timing. I bowled him a couple of deliveries, one was stumped (almost bowled), one was miscued up in the air. 3rd delivery, still with top spin, he said in a frustrated tone "I can't time you!", bearing in mind he was timing everything else to perfection. and then it dawned on me that for the first time ever, I was actually seeing the difference between overspin and backspin in length!!

my backspun deliveries were overpitching by a yard, my overspun deliveries were probably a yard short of a length (probably 3 yards difference between the 2) but this batsman is very front foot and so was coming down to me, whereas he would have been able to play back foot. BUT was he coming down because he was anticipating a fuller length and then it dipped?! either way, despite not bowling very well, it was a real epiphany moment. and I obviously spin it hard because I was getting substantial length variation just by changing my wrist angle.

also thinking back to last week and my off spinning flipper, a couple of batsman had to dig it out like a yorker because it obviously reached them a lot fuller than they anticipated. you dont necessarily realise that when you bowl it, you put it down to the change in action meaning you just pitched fuller, when in fact my action is very consistent in that regard (on video my bowling speed never varies by more than 1mph, my flight is very similar, its mostly my line that is off), and its probably the spin that has been to "blame" for what I thought was me bowling badly. I just need to get some control over the lengths of the different variations and that could be deadlier than turn. when the ball landed on a line and length it had every batsman in trouble. every ball was turning nicely, its just some were landing 3 feet wide of their intended target area.

lots of work to do, and I might stop bowling at club nets because I'm not ready for batsmen yet (maybe another 10 hours or so of solo practice and I will be), but some major reassurances and positives coming out of some very bad looking bowling lol. which I guess is good.

now to batting at nets last night!! I was up against the 3 fastest seamers, one of whom is the fastest bowler I've ever seen at club level, hes seriously rapid, 70mph easy. I really don't struggle that much though, its stupid shots that get me out rather than genuinely being troubled. my timing has come on massively and I'm able to play some pretty nice shots. I wore a 60 odd mph full toss in the chest though which hurt (a lot!! the bruise is a beauty), and then I started slogging a bit too much. but off the same guy that hit me with the full toss, later on I played an absolutely stonking drive through mid-off, it was uppish but a bullet and would never have been caught. it hit the only window in the sports hall (which is reinforced glass and about 2 feet wide by 8" high), and put a perfectly round cricket ball sized hole clean through it, 50 yards away from where I was batting. best shot I've ever played by far, if I can find a few of those outdoors I'll be hitting 100's this season haha. it was with my worse bat as well, if it had been by Slazenger or my Mongoose I dread to think the damage it could have done lol.

had another solo net practice this afternoon/evening since the weather is good and light. best session I've ever had by miles!! after yesterdays poor effort it all just came together. I'll go into more detail later and I might get some video online, but I've found 4mph literally overnight due to changing part of my action. 38mph max for the last 12 months, now I'm averaging 41mph, hitting 42mph every now and again, with a 44mph flipper!!

against batsmen I think I'm bowling at about 34mph, comparing the flight to similar video deliveries. So I was already 4mph on my old peak speed, hence why batsmen were playing me so easily. But with the added pace now (and more to come), if I can hit that pace against batsmen I'll have an extra 8mph to work with, which should mean the batsman coming down the track at me every ball yesterday and playing me comfortably will be no more (he is an outstanding batsman, one of the best I've ever bowled to, so its not really a discredit to me that he plays me so comfortably 90% of the time at present).

Its really coming along. I needed todays session to reassure me that I still have a chance of hitting some form before the season begins. The 1st XI has a new captain who said a few times last night that he is picking his team on merit, with nobody simply guaranteed a place in it as has often been the case. so now if you perform well in the 2nd XI you have the possibility of getting bumped up to the 1st team, which apparently hasn't been the case in the past at the club, and gives me some hope yet. I may or may not get to start out in the 2nd's, depending on who is available first game of the season, and how many friendlies I get a game in (and how I perform if I do).

had club nets last night and an indoor match the night before. indoors we batted first and we are rooted to the bottom of the league and losing every week, so nobody really expects anything. we had 4 players but 2 stand ins from another side, one of them was about 12 years old. anyway, our opening partnership was going slow and then one of them retired on 25 runs (off of about 8 overs) and the other got out for about 8 runs shortly after, so I came in at number 4. hit 18 runs off of 10 balls without playing any stupid shots and felt really good, but then got run out in the last over. we ended up with a competitive 110 runs on the board though, one of our highest scores of the season. mostly thanks to extras from the bowlers though really. I hit one awesome drive straight back down the wicket, probably the best shot I've ever played, it just felt perfect, and its a facet of my game that is developing at a rapid rate just from watching how good players do it and trying to add that into my own shots.

our bowling and fielding was dire, bad decisions were made on who to bowl when and field placements, and we basically gifted them the game in the first 4 overs. by the time I got my one over I had about 15 runs to play with. first ball was a rank full toss, but cramped the batsman up trying to smash it and he got caught!! bad balls do indeed take wickets. the problem was that the 5 that followed were equally bad, all going for either wides or no balls (on length) and that took their total past ours. so my worse over of bowling ever got me a wicket, when most weeks that I bowl well I get no reward! I was happy with my batting though and we had lost the game long before I bowled my over.

so on to nets last night. the bad bowling form carried over, I was completely unable to hit my line or length to the left hander that batted first, but I was landing lots of decent deliveries to a right hander. then in came the best batsman, a righty, and all of a sudden I couldnt land anything! it doesnt help that he will prance down the track and smash a perfectly good delivery on the full, seemingly without ever misjudging one. and on the rare occasion you land a better ball (I was pulling my length shorter to premeditate him coming down the track at me) and it turns on him, he still somehow gets a solid defensive shot behind it. I got him caught at least once though, so I can take some positives from it.

I was trying to bowl with lots of sidespin and sometimes backspin (backspin is normally my fail safe option) and was just overpitching too much even when I started to find my line. So I tried to bowl a top spinner just to see if I could land it better and as often happens with my attempted top spinners and googlies, my wrist reverts and ends up bowling big leg breaks lol. It landed on a great line and length and turned nicely, so then I just tried to put loads of overspin on. so the next batsman came in and hes a massive hitter, and was smashing the pace bowlers for what would have been monster 6's, hes just got amazing timing. I bowled him a couple of deliveries, one was stumped (almost bowled), one was miscued up in the air. 3rd delivery, still with top spin, he said in a frustrated tone "I can't time you!", bearing in mind he was timing everything else to perfection. and then it dawned on me that for the first time ever, I was actually seeing the difference between overspin and backspin in length!!

my backspun deliveries were overpitching by a yard, my overspun deliveries were probably a yard short of a length (probably 3 yards difference between the 2) but this batsman is very front foot and so was coming down to me, whereas he would have been able to play back foot. BUT was he coming down because he was anticipating a fuller length and then it dipped?! either way, despite not bowling very well, it was a real epiphany moment. and I obviously spin it hard because I was getting substantial length variation just by changing my wrist angle.

also thinking back to last week and my off spinning flipper, a couple of batsman had to dig it out like a yorker because it obviously reached them a lot fuller than they anticipated. you dont necessarily realise that when you bowl it, you put it down to the change in action meaning you just pitched fuller, when in fact my action is very consistent in that regard (on video my bowling speed never varies by more than 1mph, my flight is very similar, its mostly my line that is off), and its probably the spin that has been to "blame" for what I thought was me bowling badly. I just need to get some control over the lengths of the different variations and that could be deadlier than turn. when the ball landed on a line and length it had every batsman in trouble. every ball was turning nicely, its just some were landing 3 feet wide of their intended target area.

lots of work to do, and I might stop bowling at club nets because I'm not ready for batsmen yet (maybe another 10 hours or so of solo practice and I will be), but some major reassurances and positives coming out of some very bad looking bowling lol. which I guess is good.

now to batting at nets last night!! I was up against the 3 fastest seamers, one of whom is the fastest bowler I've ever seen at club level, hes seriously rapid, 70mph easy. I really don't struggle that much though, its stupid shots that get me out rather than genuinely being troubled. my timing has come on massively and I'm able to play some pretty nice shots. I wore a 60 odd mph full toss in the chest though which hurt (a lot!! the bruise is a beauty), and then I started slogging a bit too much. but off the same guy that hit me with the full toss, later on I played an absolutely stonking drive through mid-off, it was uppish but a bullet and would never have been caught. it hit the only window in the sports hall (which is reinforced glass and about 2 feet wide by 8" high), and put a perfectly round cricket ball sized hole clean through it, 50 yards away from where I was batting. best shot I've ever played by far, if I can find a few of those outdoors I'll be hitting 100's this season haha. it was with my worse bat as well, if it had been by Slazenger or my Mongoose I dread to think the damage it could have done lol.

When you talk about top spin and back spin I think you are really noticing the shape in your deliveries. I had a few sessions with a coach a while back and he was showing me to get more round arm and get the wrist flicking so I was bowling a square leg break. It did turn a hell of a lot when it worked but I wasn't very happy with the shape it produced and the slower speeds it was bowled at. It may be a bit arrogant to go against such a good leg spinners advice but I just thought the slower flatter ball without any dip wasn't the best option. I noticed in the nets too that even when turning a long way batsman weren't troubled much compared to smaller turning balls that dipped and bounced. The other factor in going back to my old action was my high arm is so ingrained now and I could only see inconsistency and inaccuracy for a long time with a round arm.
I am quite a quick bowler and I find if I bowl at about 75% its still pacy enough but gets a lotter better shape. I also get lots of topspin so I think it would be a shame to waste it and Ive accepted that thats the type of bowler I am and not to fight it.
I get a bit guilty of returning to bowling flat like fast bowling at times.
How do you work out how fast you are bowling, your estimates are very accurate, It would be interesting to know how fast I bowl.

I use video, and then an approximation. But because I use the same assumptions each time, even if the numbers themselves aren't 100% real-world accurate, they are still accurate relative to each other. Basically I time the ball from release to it either hitting the stumps or the net behind them. I know the distances, so just simple distance/time gives me the "average" speed from hand to stumps/net. I try to only work this out on deliveries that pitched on a length to factor out less flight on drag-downs and the effect of an early bounce.

Then I looked at pro's bowling on video and counted the frame for them from release to stumps, and compared that to the TV speed gun numbers, and generally the average speed is 0.85 * the peak speed. So I just divide my averaged speed by 0.85 and that gives me my "peak" speed measurement. It should be pretty close.

Also, I've got a radar speed box that measures ball speed and gives an LCD readout. Having used that last season to verify my bowling speeds I know that my video method is pretty accurate. I was hitting around 35-38mph last year on my leg breaks, and 47mph on my pace iirc. This year I'm now at 40-42mph on my leg breaks, and 55mph on my pace :D And I've found 4mph overnight on my leg breaks, so I reckon theres probably still a few more to come. My target has always been 45mph minimum because thats the speed that the young county leggies tend to hit on their average leg breaks, so I figure if thats good enough for county, it should tear club batsmen apart.

If you want me to measure your bowling speed then link me to a video on youtube from behind the stumps and specify the delivery, and I'll be able to download it and apply the same method as I do to my own bowling.

Just had a quick session at the nets. A bit disappointing really as I lost my rhythm a bit and not getting the big wrist flick I have been getting lately. The plus side though is that even though it wasn't coming out right my length is very good with very few full tosses or drag downs. I guess if your bad balls aren't too bad thats a sign my accuracy has improved a lot. My wrong un is working brilliantly though and I'm starting to get a good line on it.

I use video, and then an approximation. But because I use the same assumptions each time, even if the numbers themselves aren't 100% real-world accurate, they are still accurate relative to each other. Basically I time the ball from release to it either hitting the stumps or the net behind them. I know the distances, so just simple distance/time gives me the "average" speed from hand to stumps/net. I try to only work this out on deliveries that pitched on a length to factor out less flight on drag-downs and the effect of an early bounce.

Then I looked at pro's bowling on video and counted the frame for them from release to stumps, and compared that to the TV speed gun numbers, and generally the average speed is 0.85 * the peak speed. So I just divide my averaged speed by 0.85 and that gives me my "peak" speed measurement. It should be pretty close.

Also, I've got a radar speed box that measures ball speed and gives an LCD readout. Having used that last season to verify my bowling speeds I know that my video method is pretty accurate. I was hitting around 35-38mph last year on my leg breaks, and 47mph on my pace iirc. This year I'm now at 40-42mph on my leg breaks, and 55mph on my pace :D And I've found 4mph overnight on my leg breaks, so I reckon theres probably still a few more to come. My target has always been 45mph minimum because thats the speed that the young county leggies tend to hit on their average leg breaks, so I figure if thats good enough for county, it should tear club batsmen apart.

If you want me to measure your bowling speed then link me to a video on youtube from behind the stumps and specify the delivery, and I'll be able to download it and apply the same method as I do to my own bowling.

So the videos you take are at full speed then, no slow motion? I'm going to take some videos this weekend as I haven't taken any in ages. It would be great if you could get a speed for me. I have one video on youtube at full speed from a while ago that may be suitable. I have another that I might try and upload now.

I've stopped using slow motion for the time being because I can see what I need to in full speed, and that way I can record an entire session from start to finish and see every delivery, and not have to worry about resetting the slow-mo trigger all the time. What I plan to do (I was going to do it yesterday, but like an idiot I forgot to put the SD card back in my GoPro camera after I last used it!) is have a GoPro camera mounted on the stumps at 720p HD @ 60 fps so I can analyse the seam position of the ball and look at the turn and bounce, etc (basically to see the delivery itself). And then have my proper camcorder positioned behind me or to the side to analyse my action itself. If I do something obvious like jump up and down so both cameras can see at the start, then I can sync the video and look at both camera shots for the same delivery side-by-side throughout the session which should be really useful.

Link me to the YouTube video you are referring to and I'll have a look at it. Then you can compare your current speed on a new video to that previous video.

I've stopped using slow motion for the time being because I can see what I need to in full speed, and that way I can record an entire session from start to finish and see every delivery, and not have to worry about resetting the slow-mo trigger all the time. What I plan to do (I was going to do it yesterday, but like an idiot I forgot to put the SD card back in my GoPro camera after I last used it!) is have a GoPro camera mounted on the stumps at 720p HD @ 60 fps so I can analyse the seam position of the ball and look at the turn and bounce, etc (basically to see the delivery itself). And then have my proper camcorder positioned behind me or to the side to analyse my action itself. If I do something obvious like jump up and down so both cameras can see at the start, then I can sync the video and look at both camera shots for the same delivery side-by-side throughout the session which should be really useful.

Link me to the YouTube video you are referring to and I'll have a look at it. Then you can compare your current speed on a new video to that previous video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1chippyben#p/u/2/gHble5GbqQM Thats the only video I think that is suitable although it doesn't show the exact moment of release as the camera is too low. See what you think but I'll be shooting some new vids this weekend as I said.
The idea with two cameras is brilliant. You obviously have some kind of video editing software too???
I keep having to convert everything to kilometres per hour. When are you poms going to get in the modern world lol:D

For some reason the YouTube downloading methods have stopped working, maybe they have changed the coding of the site or something. So I can't look at that video on my PC which I need to in order to work out speeds. Would only have been estimated anyway as can't see the hand release the ball, and none of them hit the stumps which means estimating the distance to the fence behind them as well. I'll try again once you get the new video/s up.

England have picked Rashid for yardy. Might be a bit too late though. They might be out by Saturday, so he would have gone round half the world for nothing.

I found a new method to 'see' where my wrist is in while bowling. It is weird but I look upwards to were my bowling hand is at when releasing the ball. Seems to have helped me get more turn. I was bowling mainly topspinners at the beginning, but by the end by looking at my right bowling hand got the seam more towrds 2nd/3rd slip

England have picked Rashid for yardy. Might be a bit too late though. They might be out by Saturday, so he would have gone round half the world for nothing.

I found a new method to 'see' where my wrist is in while bowling. It is weird but I look upwards to were my bowling hand is at when releasing the ball. Seems to have helped me get more turn. I was bowling mainly topspinners at the beginning, but by the end by looking at my right bowling hand got the seam more towrds 2nd/3rd slip

That sounds awkward, but I might try it.

I didn't get to the nets this weekend because of rain and the flu unfortunately so I couldn't shoot any videos. We are off on our end of season trip to Nelson bay this weekend. (Up your way Macca) Beautiful spot but I wont be swimming as there has been 2 shark attacks in the area over the last few weeks. Big weekend, golf, drinking, cricket more drinking, you get the picture, so I wont get any videos til the following weekend now.

I didn't get to the nets this weekend because of rain and the flu unfortunately so I couldn't shoot any videos. We are off on our end of season trip to Nelson bay this weekend. (Up your way Macca) Beautiful spot but I wont be swimming as there has been 2 shark attacks in the area over the last few weeks. Big weekend, golf, drinking, cricket more drinking, you get the picture, so I wont get any videos til the following weekend now.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/shark-attack-at-nelson-bay/comments-e6freuy9-1226022493266

Katie P of Chatsworth's comment is interesting kind of Gaia-esque, goes against the grain of many I'd say. Maybe this needs to be elsewhere though rather than in here!

Back