Wrist Spin Bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrist Spin Bowling

Ripping-LegBreak;356382 said:
I'm Round arm too but I made one slight tweak to my bowling action. Before it wasn't really round arm ( though i thought it was) it was just that my bowling arm wasn't reaching to the top of the peak, ie i was flicking my wrist too early before my arm got into a decent height.

Anyways i was watching the likes of Mitchell Johnson, Fidel Edwards the fast slingers and I noticed one thing. To ensure the proper rotation of the arm in a directed way they flung their bowling arm behind and to the left side of their right hip ( for a right handed bowler) and this movement meant that the arm had to go around in a more natural directed movemen across the body. I've adopted this method and my legbreaks are coming out more naturally and effectively as the body,arm,pivot,wrist are all going *around* in the same direction.

The point of this post was to ask, do you have a similiar method when you bowl round arm?

I agree, and as to the point of the right hand going to the left of the right hip. If you see Grimmett's video that is on dave's legspin site, he clearly does this. I think it also gives more momentum to the arm. I use this for the small leg break, for the big legbreak, I get the hand brushing my right hip, then flick it forward and the seam points at right angles to the batsman. Sometimes move my wrist too much and ends up as a slider/backspinner unintentionally.

Ripping-LegBreak;356382 said:
I'm Round arm too but I made one slight tweak to my bowling action. Before it wasn't really round arm ( though i thought it was) it was just that my bowling arm wasn't reaching to the top of the peak, ie i was flicking my wrist too early before my arm got into a decent height.

Anyways i was watching the likes of Mitchell Johnson, Fidel Edwards the fast slingers and I noticed one thing. To ensure the proper rotation of the arm in a directed way they flung their bowling arm behind and to the left side of their right hip ( for a right handed bowler) and this movement meant that the arm had to go around in a more natural directed movemen across the body. I've adopted this method and my legbreaks are coming out more naturally and effectively as the body,arm,pivot,wrist are all going *around* in the same direction.

The point of this post was to ask, do you have a similiar method when you bowl round arm?

I'm of the Richie Benaud school of very vertical arm position as far as I know - sometimes going past vertical I think, so I can't help with this. Round arm to me is an alien concept.

yeah kaneria and ajmal were bowling in tandem beautifully and compltely had the sri lankans on the ropes, they should have been playing both spinners in all the test they are both in the top few spinners in the world

someblokecalleddave;356386 said:
I'm of the Richie Benaud school of very vertical arm position as far as I know - sometimes going past vertical I think, so I can't help with this. Round arm to me is an alien concept.

Doesn't it feel weird when your bowling from a vertical arm, i mean if your flicking your wrist to the left for a standard legbreak then it's natural for the arm to go in the same direction. Having the arm in a vertical position will make it harder for the ball to be flicked out as the arm will follow it's initial straight path. Maybe that's why your finding it difficult to bowl a legbreak and easy to bowl googlies and topspinners. Having said that Abdul Qadir, Mushtaq Ahmed, Cameron White, Anil Kumble, Upul Chandana, county spinner Will Beer, and Shahid Afridi. All these players have high arm actions and some of them have been quite successfull.

Afternoon all, new to the site and new to wrist spinning also!

I'm breaking myself back into cricket after a 10 year absence (kids!) by playing in a 20/20 friendly league. I have always dabbled with leg spin but as an opening bat I have never been called upon to bowl until now. The team has an ethos that everyone must bowl a couple of overs. Feeling brave and not resorting to bowling medium pace I bowled three overs last week (all leg breaks) and got 3-1-3-0... absolutely delighted!

Fast forward to last nights game and I went for 3-0-18-1. Still not bad I guess however the runs gained were (all but 4) wides. The umpire called everything that pitched on the off stump (again leg breaks) a wide. It completely threw me as I could not see anything wrong. Admittedly I was getting a bit more turn than the previous week but I still felt that the ball was in reach. I threw a few at leg stump and he let them pass but as soon as I pitched on off, out went the arms!

Is this common or was I just unlucky. It got to me in the end and I ended up bowling straight for a couple of balls.

No it don't feel weird as that's how I've always done it as far as I know. I'll have a look at a video of myself done recently and see how vertical it actually is but I'm pretty sure it's 12.00 o'clock straight.

Well 12.30 ish now I've looked but certainly not round armed.

i received and read from cover to cover a copy of "The Art of Wrist Spin Bowling" by Peter Philpott this evening. an excellent book, as many on here have prevously mentioned. i wouldnt say i found anything in it revolutionary to my way of thinking (which i guess is a good thing!), but there were some interesting points and subjects to ponder. it has highlighted that my approach, delivery and follow through are incredibly weak. i most certainly dont "explode" at the crease, certainly not to the point of grunting, and i take a 1 step run up and my follow through carries no forward momentum. this is my next major area to work on i think. otherwise il have to relearn my other areas of technique later when i introduce some proper energy to my action. when i played (albeit unexpectedly and unpreparedly) last week, the one criticism everyone had of me was that i bowled with one arm. e.g. no follow through. normally this isnt the case in the nets, but i think nerves played their part, and i didnt follow through at all and wasnt consciously thinking about what i was doing to realise. i think that my follow through is weak at best, and this just exaggerated it. so it needs work in my next practice session for sure.

one interesting thing Philpott mentions later in the book relating to wet pitches intrigued me though. it is something i too have observed in my own deliveries, albeit on a concrete net wicket, the dampest and skiddiest surface possible....

"Dampish, skidding wickets can create a problem. The ball becomes hard to grip and with your normal wrist-spinners the turn goes. In my later years, however, as long as I could still hold the ball, I found the back-spinner very useful in such conditions. It skidded on, but went the opposite way to normal off the pitch. I don't know why, but it did. A bit of leg-spin amongst the back-spin and it ripped back from the off, then an orthodox off-spinner which went from the leg. Try it. If it works, keep a straight face and let them believe you have bowled the unpickable wrong'un."

ive found that ALL of my deliveries go the wrong way. i thought it was just poor technique on my part and accidental googlies coming out instead of big leg breaks. it appears not. i was sure that the ball looked correct out of the hand, and was baffled on several occasions by it turning the wrong way. at least im not the only one.

also, i was looking up information on all the various bowlers he mentions in the book to see what they were all about. on looking up info on Iverson and Gleeson and their unique finger action, i found a web page with a long article on Iverson and his technique, with a quote from one of Philpotts other books halfway through it...

"...Eventually I see the Iverson method being best employed by an orthodox off-spinner. Instead of a basic Iverson attack with occasional orthodox off-spin, there is a great future for an accurate off-spinner who produces a difficult to detect leg spinner every now and then. I could visualise such a bowler causing great concern amongst batsmen, and young off-spinners might be well rewarded for experimentation in this field..."

i also observed from looking at the fingers that i had seen an off spinner using this exact method at the T20 world cup this year, and to magnificent effect. a certain Ajantha Mendis of Sri Lanka. hes already being hailed as the next Murali in some circles, so i guess Philpott is correct. either that or Mendis read his books and picked up on what he said about the future use of this technique for an off spinner...

Ripping-LegBreak;356390 said:
Doesn't it feel weird when your bowling from a vertical arm, i mean if your flicking your wrist to the left for a standard legbreak then it's natural for the arm to go in the same direction. Having the arm in a vertical position will make it harder for the ball to be flicked out as the arm will follow it's initial straight path. Maybe that's why your finding it difficult to bowl a legbreak and easy to bowl googlies and topspinners. Having said that Abdul Qadir, Mushtaq Ahmed, Cameron White, Anil Kumble, Upul Chandana, county spinner Will Beer, and Shahid Afridi. All these players have high arm actions and some of them have been quite successfull.

Yes, they did not turn it much bar Qadir. All vertical armed. The biggest turners funnily seemed to be rather round armed eg grimmett, MacGill and quite round arm warne, so what you say about round arm being more in the arc to help the big leg break makes a lot of sense to me. The down side is that the googly would probably suffer, only MacGill had a good wrong one of the round armers though Mr Grimmett might not agree. I, for one simply cannot get my arm vertical, possibly due to senility. Even bowling offbreaks with a vertical arm is nigh to impossible for me.

and im back down to earth now. just had an hour session where nothing worked at all. my basic leg breaks were top spinners, my drifting leg breaks were googlies. no drift, minimal spin, poor line and length, just an all round awful session really.

the only positive is that i know what was going wrong. i could practice my action without a ball and it was spot on, the same as yesterday. put a ball in my hand and bowled and i was struggling for length, probably tiredness in the muscles from yesterday. so i was having to try too hard. i was overly tense, my wrist was doing something really odd and going in this stupid loop and i couldnt stop it, this was generating top spin and googly spin instead of leg spin, even when the rest of my action was spot on. i was so pleased with yesterdays progress though that i couldnt curb my enthusiasm. a lesson learned. next time i need to give myself at least a days recovery time until my muscles are used to the work they are doing.

on the plus side, i visited a local cricket shop that i found out about on the internet, figuring that they might know of some local sides that are looking for players. the guy who runs the shop said i should pop along to the side that he plays fors training session on Thursday evening. so looks like i might find myself somewhere to practice and maybe even play for once my bowling has some consistency :)

just to add something to the arm angle discussion. when i was bowling well yesterday my arm was coming around, much like Shane Warnes action, sort of at 45 degrees, maybe slightly higher. today my arm was much nearer to vertical, i think as a side product of struggling to produce length. my natural reaction was to bowl more like a seamer. this was generating plenty of top spin, my top spin deliveries (that were supposed to be leg breaks!!) were awesome lol, and i was bowling googlies for the first time, by accident. however when i did rarely manage a leg break, they were small. i think the round arm technique is quite important, and if it isnt an aspect of your game then it may at least be worth some experimentation.

P.S. i was watching Shane Warne videos on YouTube this morning for some extra inspiration. i watched his "ball of the century" delivery several times, that is literally the same delivery i was bowling 1 in every 5 balls by the end of my session yesterday. but i was getting more turn, the same amount of drift, a bit more over spin (mine zipped up and over the stumps, his stayed quite low), but off of a concrete pitch without the giant foot hole!! it may sound like im exaggerating, but im genuinely not. this may give an idea as to why i was so excited yesterday evening. i just cant beleive how good yesterday was. and how awful today was lol. the life and times of a rookie leg spinner...

sadspinner;358137 said:
This is getting weirder. A young shane warne explaining his flipper. Looks nothing like the one he bowled later on. Also explains the zooter ala philpott. Have a look, his flipper looks similar to what Kaneria shows in an earlier clip. YouTube - Shane Warne On: The Flipper

call me cynical, but if i were a spin bowler that every batsman in the world feared, and everyone had trouble reading my deliveries, and i was asked to do an interview that was going to be well known in the cricket world and potentially seen by all of the coaches and players from opposition teams, i think i might be tempted to talk complete rubbish about my different deliveries and confuse everyone.

not that Shane Warne is in this case, but the flipper is conventionally the finger spun backspinner, as opposed to the wrist spun version from under the hand. what he describes in that interview looks more like what he calls his slider in the video of him demonstrating his deliveries in australia.

Yeah hang in there mate and look after your shoulder, ease into this if you are going to practice intensively. Give yourself a couple of days off and go back to it and if you're bowling every day try not to do too many mammoth sessions maybe do 45 minutes at a time and two or three times a day once you've got the muscles. If your shoulder is sore I'd rest it if I was you. If you damage your rotator cuff muscles it'll take an operation to fix it if it's bad - you should check it out on the internet and see the potential for permanent damage.

I've got a question that has been thinking about for sometime and was wondering if any of you had any thoughts on it.

Basically I understand totally how the position of the wrist on release determines the direction of the spin on the ball. But what I was wondering is if most people position their wrist before they start running in, or in the gather or if in fact most people have the wrist in the same position for each variation and rely on the flick in the delivery to deliver the angle of spin they want.

I hope that makes sense.

sadspinner;356384 said:
, for the big legbreak, I get the hand brushing my right hip, then flick it forward

So for the big legbreak your hand just comes up from behind the right hip rather than to side of it? I may give this a go.

Also to clarify my bowling action it isn't a big drawing back of the bowling arm, it is only slightly to the side of the right hip, if you draw it back alot you can end up bowling short theortically.

How much to the left do you draw back your bowling arm? Maybe if i want to bowl flatter i can draw it back more to the left for it to gain more momentum and more speed?

with the flipper aside, as the grip is totally different, i position the ball in my hand before i run up. the position of my wrist takes gradually during the run up i guess, and by the time im bowling the wrist is fixed in position and the flick is more a part of the follow through. i find that if i try to flick the wrist prior to ball release it lacks control. the final wrist position isnt reached until just before ball release though, aside from the wrong'un which i have to cock the wrist earlier because its such an exaggerated variation from the leg break and top spin variations. my slider and zooter grip (both of which are in very early stages of development and hardly ever work) are also in position earlier.

the flipper is obviously totally different as the finger position is nothing like the leg break. the final wrist position for that i acheive late, just before i release the ball, as it has a much bigger flick to flight the ball else it just comes out flat.

Ripping-LegBreak;356513 said:
So for the big legbreak your hand just comes up from behind the right hip rather than to side of it? I may give this a go.

Also to clarify my bowling action it isn't a big drawing back of the bowling arm, it is only slightly to the side of the right hip, if you draw it back alot you can end up bowling short theortically.

How much to the left do you draw back your bowling arm? Maybe if i want to bowl flatter i can draw it back more to the left for it to gain more momentum and more speed?

I am not very good at explaining the mechanics, but my right hand just gets fractionally to the left of the right hip if that makes sense. For the big leg break just to the side of my hip than in a round arm fashion try to imitate what i do under arm ie i try to flick the ball towards me while projecting it forward. For the smaller leg break I think my arm is a bit more vertical though. The googly I find best with the Iverson grip, but am not very good at it and only practice it say every 60-70 balls. Sounds complicated but mainly I do it for fun, and for the sake of experimentation. When I had filmed myself, I was disappointed at being so unorthodox, but after seeing the video clips with grimmett, I took some heart. Now re-seeing Warne and MacGill I notice they are between round arm and vertical. Goes to show that everyone has his style and tinkering too much with what is natural may be harmful.

Heh, yeah, I have been very lazy in keeping up with this thread lately.

I've had a rather messy time since my last update; I lost my pivot and the corresponding revs and turn.

I also noticed something rather important when I saw a photo of Warne in the middle of his bowling action; I am keeping my front arm too high for too long. Probably a result of me developing a very slingy seam-up action.

Jim, never overdo it. I find that if I have a good session the next one is usually much poorer. It is as though the body/neuromotor system needs a period of time to assimilate and recalibrate. Also taxing muscles/tendons/ligaments/capsules/joints/muscles etc that you rarely use may put you at risk of injury, so as someone said short frequent bursts with rest in between leaves your body hungry for more, while reducing the risk of injury. I know it from bitter experience as I have chronic jnee pain for 1 year which I cannot shake off.

The Edge Of Willow;359277 said:
Heh, yeah, I have been very lazy in keeping up with this thread lately.

I've had a rather messy time since my last update; I lost my pivot and the corresponding revs and turn.

I also noticed something rather important when I saw a photo of Warne in the middle of his bowling action; I am keeping my front arm too high for too long. Probably a result of me developing a very slingy seam-up action.

EOW what you doing bowling seam up?

Macca/Saddo, did you ever discover whether Grimmett named his Mystery Ball (The back-spinning Top-Spinner)? I'm using it now in games and need a name for it other than 'Grimmetts Mystery Ball'. Maybe I'll call it the GMB Flipper? Any other suggestions?

someblokecalleddave;356502 said:
Yeah hang in there mate and look after your shoulder, ease into this if you are going to practice intensively. Give yourself a couple of days off and go back to it and if you're bowling every day try not to do too many mammoth sessions maybe do 45 minutes at a time and two or three times a day once you've got the muscles. If your shoulder is sore I'd rest it if I was you. If you damage your rotator cuff muscles it'll take an operation to fix it if it's bad - you should check it out on the internet and see the potential for permanent damage.

my shoulder doesnt feel too bad, i could bowl another 400 balls with just my shoulder aching (not that im going to). i feel more strain in my back, sort of down the back of my right side from armpit to the bottom of my ribs. its not a pain, ive definitely not even come close to muscle damage. its just a typical ache where ive used a new muscle. im pretty out of shape physically which i do need to work on. points heeded on taking it easy though. it doesnt so much hinder my deliveries through pain, as it does through just physically not being able to move in the same way. my body just wont let me. and its not helpful at all to bowl an hour of poor deliveries so i just wont bother in future. best to spend 3 days excited about the next session than give in after a day and then come home feeling less than ecstatic about what just happened lol

sadspinner;356518 said:
I know it from bitter experience as I have chronic jnee pain for 1 year which I cannot shake off.

ive got pretty bad knees as well. i played basketball for a while and its brutal on the knees. im pretty sure thats somewhere that ive done permanent damage, il probably pay for it in 20 years time. i figure by then they should have bionics pretty much mastered by then, i can just have some robotic replacements :D

Paulinho;358695 said:
I've got a question that has been thinking about for sometime and was wondering if any of you had any thoughts on it.

Basically I understand totally how the position of the wrist on release determines the direction of the spin on the ball. But what I was wondering is if most people position their wrist before they start running in, or in the gather or if in fact most people have the wrist in the same position for each variation and rely on the flick in the delivery to deliver the angle of spin they want.

I hope that makes sense.

If you read Peter Philpotts book 'The art of wrist spin bowling' and read anything by Richie Benuad one of the things that comes across loud and clear is the necessity to be absolutely focussed on what you are doing, so I'd assume that like me as I position myself for my run in I'd have already analysed what had just happened and will then be thinking what to do next and part of that process is the position of the wrist. But having said that the wrist takes what position is required for the delivery - I think 'Right Googly next' but don't have to think about twisting the wrist round, it just happens. But if I'm not getting any turn off the wicket I then think in terms of twisting the wrist slightly one way or another.

Surely as you produce your flick, it's a product of all 'The levers' working - Fingers, Wrist, elbow and shoulders and in the process the wrist assumes it position as you bowl the variation?

Jim2109;356520 said:
my shoulder doesnt feel too bad, i could bowl another 400 balls with just my shoulder aching (not that im going to). i feel more strain in my back, sort of down the back of my right side from armpit to the bottom of my ribs. its not a pain, ive definitely not even come close to muscle damage. its just a typical ache where ive used a new muscle. im pretty out of shape physically which i do need to work on. points heeded on taking it easy though. it doesnt so much hinder my deliveries through pain, as it does through just physically not being able to move in the same way. my body just wont let me. and its not helpful at all to bowl an hour of poor deliveries so i just wont bother in future. best to spend 3 days excited about the next session than give in after a day and then come home feeling less than ecstatic about what just happened lol

ive got pretty bad knees as well. i played basketball for a while and its brutal on the knees. im pretty sure thats somewhere that ive done permanent damage, il probably pay for it in 20 years time. i figure by then they should have bionics pretty much mastered by then, i can just have some robotic replacements :D

Mate - I wouldn't count on Bionics as being the solution not in the current forseeable economic climate.

Who out there sets their own field during their spell? Where do you bowl - are you primarily 'Round the legs' bowlers or on the Off-stump attackers. How do you set your field?

someblokecalleddave;356524 said:
Mate - I wouldn't count on Bionics as being the solution not in the current forseeable economic climate.

not a lot else i can do about it now! the knee damage is done. i can however look after my shoulder and back

someblokecalleddave;359361 said:
EOW what you doing bowling seam up?

I know; I am a complete tratior. :)

Good news is that I fixed the arm thing in a pretty good net session yesterday. The turn wasn't really there; my release was wrong and my pivot was all over the place, but my action flowed much better thanks to the arm thing being fixed(both my leg-spin and off-spin).

Leg spin is all about relaxation and rhythm, 90% is in the head.

I'd recommend lying down, listening to music with a good beat, if things go wrong in the nets. When things go bad you tense and they get worse until the dam ball sticks in your fingers and squirts out to mid wicket.

In a game, do the same as I do in golf, before every ball big breath and relax/drop shoulders on exhale.

These routines also work for swing bowling, although I only ever was decent at legspin.

ps. Always have a man on the square leg boundary ;)

What made you change your bowling style? Did you yourself think I'm getting nowhere with this and not getting overs in matches or did your captain or someone suggest you bowl in a different manner because you were too expensive or not coming up with a result? I'm assuming for some reason that you're quite young between 14 - 18 years old and as far as I can make out this is the stage when cricket loses a huge amount of blokes completely or if they stay in the game they give up on Leg-Spinning because of the fact there's very little support at the clubs they play for and the captains and selectors don't give them a chance. This is why it's essential to maintain practice on your own and keep developing as a Leggie.

Good advice there from Frodo with regards fielding positions. I'm not at a point yet where I'm confident enough to set my field and I my captain does it for me but two or three times he's put a bloke there and it's resulted in a wicket. Funnily enough a couple of times it seems to have been down to a full toss slightly to leg-side in my first over and the balls been heaved out to either there Sq Leg Boundary or back of square leg in the more conventional position.

Oh, I haven't changed my bowling style at all. I've always done a bit of seam up. And a bit of off-spin. I just put a little bit more practice into my seam-up than usual lately. I'm still mostly a spin bowler. Don't worry, I'm still avid wrist-spinner.

I had a very good net session today. My spin was back. Plus it was much faster than the rather slow stuff I had been bowling before I had remedied the problem with my front arm. I'm now pretty much back to where I was before I sprained the middle finger on my bowling hand. It seems I had forgotten a lot in that four week lay off.

Just drop it short on leg or middle and leg, then watch it sail over deep square legs head :cool:

The guy that inspired me was Abdul Qadir. Wonderful loop and well disguised googly.
Warney was incredible though. I think hisstrength was picturing every ball before he bowled it, and he expected every one to take a wicket.

Field positions are really dictated by the batsman. If he covers everything outside leg with his pads you end up with a strong offside field.

One nice trick to look out for is a batsman taking a bad guard, say middle and off, or leaning towards the onside. A full ball fast down legside will get the odd bowled round legs. Even a ball or two round the wicket can rattle unless they change guard.

Ahh.those were the days.

I bowled rubbish today although the whole team played crap Wrist Spin Bowling: That wasn't good.... I think it was in part due to the fact that the pitch offered no assistance at all with bounce and the game was a lost cause from the outset. I'm slightly worried that the amount of turn I'm getting at the minute with my Leg Break seems to be disappearing, but again I just didn't feel like I was on form either so I'll just have to see what happens next week?

Don't you bowl any more Frodo? Sounds like good advice though, I might post that up on my Leg Spin blog. This is all good stuff for me as this is the part I'm learning now - how to recognise weaknesses and adapt your bowling to the batsman. What do you do with Left handed batsmen that are strong off the legs?

someblokecalleddave;359364 said:
If you read Peter Philpotts book 'The art of wrist spin bowling' and read anything by Richie Benuad one of the things that comes across loud and clear is the necessity to be absolutely focussed on what you are doing, so I'd assume that like me as I position myself for my run in I'd have already analysed what had just happened and will then be thinking what to do next and part of that process is the position of the wrist. But having said that the wrist takes what position is required for the delivery - I think 'Right Googly next' but don't have to think about twisting the wrist round, it just happens. But if I'm not getting any turn off the wicket I then think in terms of twisting the wrist slightly one way or another.

Surely as you produce your flick, it's a product of all 'The levers' working - Fingers, Wrist, elbow and shoulders and in the process the wrist assumes it position as you bowl the variation?

I've read that book I don't know how many times now so all the theory is stored in my head somewhere. I think my big problems are some sessions everything falls into place and I can bowl where I want with the ball doing what i want and then a week later my body forgets how to bowl and things go to pieces. my biggest frustration is my leg break which varies from no turn when I'm really trying to put revs on the ball to dramtic 2 foot + turn without me seemingly putting any effort into it other than making sure my palm is facing down on release (this is something I struggle with and I think I bowl top spinners most of the time unless I concentrate on this). I'm sure practice is the key but like someone once said to me Shane Warne gets more practice in a week than most club cricketers do in a season.

Hope your seasons are going well. I am having a slightly strange problem with my bowling and am hoping you guys can help.

My natural action is to bound in and really launch of the back leg and bowl quickish leg breaks and when it works, it works well with exploding leg breaks. However, what always happens is that after an over or two, I start getting no balled due to my back foot cutting the side crease on my second to last step. Its baffling to me as I had no idea I was doing it and could not see why I would.

To get round the problem I slowed down my run up, lessened the launch off the back leg and got more side on - and it fixed the problem. I am now bowling much slower leg breaks and although, I am taking wickets its not as satisfying for me as I know I am holding back - batsmen are actually playing my full deliveries of the back foot which they would never have done previously. On the otherside though I am getting alot more wickets through flight and stumpings then with my natural run up.
I am planning to return to my old bounding approach this Saturday and would like some suggestions to fix this strange backfoot problem. I did have a tendency off not getting properly side on when bowling this way - could this be the reason why my back foot went too wide? Have any of you had this problem?
Thanks

Starting to practice my leg spin bowling more now since the start of outdoor season is near. The only experience i have had is at indoor cricket bowling my leg spinners. Just recently fix my grip up from spinning with my middle finger to now spinning with my ring finger which has improved my revs on the ball. Currently I'm just working through my problems.

1. Run up: my double back foot jump
2. line and length i keep pushing the ball leg side.

There the main problems at the moment i need to fix. Not going to bother with other variations until i get my stock leg spin ball going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back