Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

Not sure I like the new rule regarding 'Club Behavioural Policy'. If a club has 4 players in a season get a suspension, all senior teams at that club will lose 3 premiership points. Reminds me of dictatorial teachers at school who would give a whole class detention because one idiot kid threw a fit. Punishing players who had nothing to do with any of the suspensions is frankly, unfair. By all means increase the individual penalties for poor on field behavior, but I don't see how this rule will change anything, in fact, if a player is suitably annoyed, it gives them a chance to hurt the whole club.
As it should, if you as a club have 4 players get suspended in one season, losing half a game of points is the least of its worries!

So you're all actually supporting a policy that would punish players who had nothing to do with any infringement? So blokes in a sides 1's cause your teams 3rd's to miss finals because they lose 3 points despite having nothing to do with the 1's and you're actually ok with this?

Really? It's a clown world out there...honk honk...

So you're all actually supporting a policy that would punish players who had nothing to do with any infringement? So blokes in a sides 1's cause your teams 3rd's to miss finals because they lose 3 points despite having nothing to do with the 1's and you're actually ok with this?

I would not want to be part of a club that has four 1st XI players get suspended and I would hope the captain and committee get rid of these players long before anything happens.

I remember many moons ago Diamond Creek forgot to pay their DVCA subs on time and lost points in all grades. Bad luck. Clubs need to get themselves sorted.

How many times has it actually happened in the DVCA that a club has had 4 suspensions in a season? When was the last time? Its a bit of a nothing rule that would be lucky to happen once every 15 years.

How many times has it actually happened in the DVCA that a club has had 4 suspensions in a season? When was the last time? Its a bit of a nothing rule that would be lucky to happen once every 15 years.
I can only think of 4 incidents total at Bundoora since I returned in 1997. I'm probably overlooking one or 2.

A grade (2) - 1 x umpire abuse and 1 x vilification (which i sorted out with J Bubis via mediation in 1999)

B grade (1) dissent copped 2 matches in GF

G grade (1) fighting and swearing copped 8 weeks for throwing a punch and close to 16 weeks, 2 weeks for each time he swore.

Have 4 suspensions in one season I'm happy with whatever punishment they see fit to administer

Question:

If a cricketer plays 4 games in the 3rd XI, then works his way up to a Shield Grade, can he drop back to the 3rd XI to play in the semi-final?

Rule SA5 says that he can, "as he has played 4 matches in or below that grade"

The new rule SA4 would indicate he can't - "Shield Grade players cannot be dropped more than one team at a time during a current season, unless during finals if their club has consecutive teams playing. The exception will be if the player has been unavailable for at least 3 consecutive matches.”

And does Diamond Creek's 2nd XI in Mash Shield count as a "Shield Grade" for the purposes of the rule?

Back