Wrist Spin Bowling (part Five)

First four overs, looks pretty good. Lots of turn and bounce, though I would have liked to see it a bit fuller as I thought that's when you were most likely to get a wicket. Although this could be just an illusion, as the batsmen would play you off the back foot every ball lol, they seemed very tentative.

I would have given you another over too instead of taking you off, the batsmen were struggling.

First four overs, looks pretty good. Lots of turn and bounce, though I would have liked to see it a bit fuller as I thought that's when you were most likely to get a wicket. Although this could be just an illusion, as the batsmen would play you off the back foot every ball lol, they seemed very tentative.

I would have given you another over too instead of taking you off, the batsmen were struggling.

Nah I was bowling into 50kmh headwind

I was struggling to get it full enough. Because it was getting slowed down so much.

I think I need to work on being able to crank my pace up slightly because at the moment I feel like I give the batsmen too much time to sit on the ball.

Stream for my match today if anyone is interested.

We’re batting first and I’m at 10 so not much action for me until 2nd innings.

Beautiful pitch, very hard, even surface. A couple light cracks before match started so hopefully I have a few scars to bowl into.
Nice, I'll have a look.

I think I need to work on being able to crank my pace up slightly because at the moment I feel like I give the batsmen too much time to sit on the ball.
Yeah for sure. They definitely have. Too much time. One day you should check your bowling speed, last time I checked mine was 70km

Doc & I won today, spin turned the game around for us. Doc took 3-17 of 4 overs should have been 4 wickets there was an easy catch dropped. I got 2-11 of 4 overs. I brought Doc on right after the power play (49-0 after 6) Sudden loss of 5 wickets in 8 overs for only 28 runs crashed the opponents momentum (83-5 after 14) otherwise they were cruising to a win chasing 128(T20). Wasnt too happy with my length and the keeper but he was a part timer, our actual keeper will be back next week.

Doc & I won today, spin turned the game around for us. Doc took 3-17 of 4 overs should have been 4 wickets there was an easy catch dropped. I got 2-11 of 4 overs. Sudden loss of 5 wickets in 8 overs for only 28 runs crashed the opponents momentum otherwise they were cruising to a win chasing 128(T20). Wasnt too happy with my length and the keeper but he was a part timer, our actual keeper will be back next week.

Could have been 5, I dropped a caught and bowled (albeit quite difficult) just before that one you’re taking about.

Honestly, everyone was telling you to bowl slower but I think you were bowling quite a good speed in your 2nd over. It wasn’t enough pace for them to smack but wasn’t so slow that they could just wait for it.

You started bowling a bit too slow after that imo. Which can make it hard to control.

My bowling is tailor made for bowling quite slow, because I vary the amounts of topspin I use quite well, so we shouldn’t really both be bowling that pace.

Could have been 5, I dropped a caught and bowled (albeit quite difficult) just before that one you’re taking about.

Honestly, everyone was telling you to bowl slower but I think you were bowling quite a good speed in your 2nd over. It wasn’t enough pace for them to smack but wasn’t so slow that they could just wait for it.

You started bowling a bit too slow after that imo.

My bowling is tailor made for bowling quite slow so we shouldn’t really both be bowling that pace.
That was a pretty tough chance.
Yeah I slowed it down too much and got smacked for a 4 through covers that pissed me off, but I was really trying to entice the big shot. I agree I shouldnt be slowing it up too much. Plus you want variety in your bowling attack. Im still pissed off about that 4 haha I was hoping for a brainless shot but he somehow managed a good shot.

That was a pretty tough chance.
Yeah I slowed it down too much and got smacked for a 4 through covers that pissed me off, but I was really trying to entice the big shot. I agree I shouldnt be slowing it up too much. Plus you want variety in your bowling attack. Im still pissed off about that 4 haha I was hoping for a brainless shot but he somehow managed a good shot.

Got my hand to it though.

Yeah haha, tbh they were looking pretty hopeless from my end and then you come on and get flayed through cover.

Got my hand to it though.

Yeah haha, tbh they were looking pretty hopeless from my end and then you come on and get flayed through cover.

And yeah variety is very important.

E.g. there’s no chance I’m bowling someone on that pitch unless they miss a full toss, whereas you looked very close to a couple bowled/lbw.

And yeah variety is very important.

E.g. there’s no chance I’m bowling someone on that pitch unless they miss a full toss, whereas you looked very close to a couple bowled/lbw.
Yeah I think its because I bowl flat and push it through with pace. I also use the fake slider, it tends to stay low. I forgot to talk spin with you after the game, next time.

Yeah I think its because I bowl flat and push it through with pace. I also use the fake slider, it tends to stay low. I forgot to talk spin with you after the game, next time.

Yeah idk if you could see from long on but I was actually getting TOO much outswing on my arm ball lol, that was what I bowled for the one that got dropped. I was starting it down leg and almost going past the wide line

Yeah idk if you could see from long on but I was actually getting TOO much outswing on my arm ball lol, that was what I bowled for the one that got dropped. I was starting it down leg and almost going past the wide line
I noticed one somewhere whether in the nets pre game or during the game where I was thinking if you just bowled a stock leggy for the fun of it haha it all makes sense now

Back