1st ODI: India v West Indies

C

cleazer

1st ODI: India v West Indies

Lara won the toss and chose to field first.

Bradshaw to open the bowling against Gambhir and Ganguly.

Re: 1st ODI: India v West Indies

India 48-0 after 8 overs.

They got off to a super start taking 16 from Taylor's first over.

The big news is that Bravo really hurt himself in a hard collision with the umpire. He was down for a few minutes, and when he finally left the field, he looked dazed. I'm afraid he may have either twisted his neck or perhaps concussed himself. Either way it'd be bad news. I'd be surprised if he comes back to bowl.

India 91-0 after 14 overs.

Gambhir and Ganguly are just ripping through anything the West Indies bowlers can deliver! The outfield is very fast. Anything on the ground has a decent chance to go for four, and only the fastest if fielders have a chance to chase things down.

Wow, Chris Gayle finally comes on and breaks the opening partnership in his first over! It was a wicket maiden no less!

India 144-1 after 25 overs, still well on their way past 300.

Ganguly just hit a huge 6 over the roof! The umpires need a new ball.

India 183-1 after 31.

Gayle gets Tendulkar now.
India 215-2 after 37

In comes Dhoni, this could be exciting!

Ganguly run out on 98!!!

219-3 after 38.1

Tough luck for Ganguly, but that was a perfect throw from Dwayne Smith.
Ganguly gets a huge ovation from the crowd for his 98.

India finish 338-3

Absolutely fantastic partnership from Dhoni and Dravid! 119 runs from 11.5 overs, thats more than 10 per over. They hit 7 sixes, and were a real pleasure to watch.

One bright note for West Indies: Bravo came out and played at the end, and even had the misfortune to bowl at the very end (and thus give up a ton of runs).

West Indies remarkably fall 14 runs short. Chandepaul smashed an unbeaten ton but it wasn't enough. What a game.

Yeah, that was a fantastic match all right! Chanderpaul was brilliant, and I think West Indies probably would have pulled it off if Lara hadn't gotten himself stumped.

I'd be thrilled if the other three matches in this series are even half as good as this one.

Back