20/20 All Star Game - anyone know who is in the teams

mel

20/20 All Star Game - anyone know who is in the teams

Does anyone know which players are lining up for the two teams in the 20/20 all star game in brisbane this week?

Re: 20/20 All Star Game - anyone know who is in the teams

mel;279612 said:
Does anyone know which players are lining up for the two teams in the 20/20 all star game in brisbane this week?

Australian XI will be the Australian XI. I'd expect to see the majority of the guys who played in the Bangladesh series in Darwin making up the Australian team.

The other side will be a mixture of young players and also retired greats. Adam Gilchrist and Justin Langer are confirmed starters for the All-Star side and Dan Marsh from Tasmania has been announced as captain. David Hussey, Brad Hodge and Shaun Tait have also been rumoured to be playing in the game. Other than those names, no-one really knows, it's all been very hush-hush.

Will this be televised, do you think?

Tbh, its the first I've heard of it.

Big Man;279645 said:
Will this be televised, do you think?

Tbh, its the first I've heard of it.

On TV in Perth at 7:30pm on Channel 9. Other states should check their local guides.

Game begins at 5:35pm local time (5:35pm AEST, 6:35pm AEDT).

Televised in Brisbane at 7.30pm on Friday night.

This friday coming?

SOme quality viewing to be had.

Oh and welcome to the forum Mel :)

Squads have been announced. Australia are missing a number of players who have been rested or not considered due to recent recovery from injuries. The All-Stars squad is comprised of the standout players in the domestic arena this season as well as Gilchrist and Langer. The game also sees the return of Andrew Symonds into Australian colours.

Australia XII: Matthew Hayden (Qld), Shaun Marsh (WA), Michael Clarke (capt, NSW), Michael Hussey (WA), David Hussey (Vic), Andrew Symonds (Qld), Shane Watson (Qld), Cameron White (Vic), Brad Haddin (wk, NSW), Brett Geeves (Tas), Peter Siddle (Vic), Shaun Tait (SA) (12th to be named)

ACA All-Stars XI Adam Gilchrist (capt, wk, WA), Justin Langer (WA), Brad Hodge (Vic), Simon Katich (NSW), Rob Quiney (Vic), Michael Dighton (Tas), Dan Marsh (Tas), Ashley Noffke (Qld), Ryan Harris (Qld), Steve Magoffin (WA), Brendan Drew (Tas), Dan Cullen (SA) (12th to be named)

Surprising to see David Hussey in the Australian team and Katich in the All stars. I would have thought they would be swapped around.

Ljp86;280154 said:
Squads have been announced. Australia are missing a number of players who have been rested or not considered due to recent recovery from injuries. The All-Stars squad is comprised of the standout players in the domestic arena this season as well as Gilchrist and Langer. The game also sees the return of Andrew Symonds into Australian colours.

Australia XII: Matthew Hayden (Qld), Shaun Marsh (WA), Michael Clarke (capt, NSW), Michael Hussey (WA), David Hussey (Vic), Andrew Symonds (Qld), Shane Watson (Qld), Cameron White (Vic), Brad Haddin (wk, NSW), Brett Geeves (Tas), Peter Siddle (Vic), Shaun Tait (SA) (12th to be named)

ACA All-Stars XI Adam Gilchrist (capt, wk, WA), Justin Langer (WA), Brad Hodge (Vic), Simon Katich (NSW), Rob Quiney (Vic), Michael Dighton (Tas), Dan Marsh (Tas), Ashley Noffke (Qld), Ryan Harris (Qld), Steve Magoffin (WA), Brendan Drew (Tas), Dan Cullen (SA) (12th to be named)

Great to see Rob Quiney get a game. I'm surprised Doropolous from WA get a game. Saw him the other week on the box and i haven't seen the bloke hit the ball as cleanly as he did in a fair while.

Will be interesting to see how Cullen goes. Because we need a proper spinner in our team. Plus what happened to Bracken?

SweetLincolnsMullet;280430 said:
Will be interesting to see how Cullen goes. Because we need a proper spinner in our team. Plus what happened to Bracken?

Currently injured, pretty sure it's a shoulder injury, but not certain

All-Stars have announced their playing eleve. Victorian Andrew McDonald comes into the tea, after Ashley Noffke was ruled out with a back complaint.

The Australian team also has once change. Tasmanian player Xavier Doherty has been named in the 12 after Michael Clarke withdrew from the game due to a "severe viral illness". Clarke is expected to be fit for the first test against New Zealand which begins on the 20th. Mike Hussey has been named captain with Clarke unavailable.

Australia XII: Matthew Hayden, Shaun Marsh, *Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, Cameron White, +Brad Haddin, Xavier Doherty, Brett Geeves, Peter Siddle, Shaun Tait (12th to be named)

ACA XI: *+Adam Gilchrist, Justin Langer, Brad Hodge, Simon Katich, Rob Quiney, Michael Dighton, Dan Marsh, Andrew McDonald, Ryan Harris, Steve Magoffin, Brendan Drew, Dan Cullen.

Clarke out of Twenty20 with virus

A decent scoreposted by the All Stars.

Hodge and Langer batted realy well after a flurry of wickets.

Hayden and marsh gone and Australia are 19/2 chasing 204

good to see tait back in australian colours

thought macgoffin has started very well

hodge was himself. Awesome one day player, would be a god if he played for india ;)

I hate to say it but I miss langer :(

Back