2014/2015 Money Shield

Gibbs, overrated player for longtime. Mernda Unlucky in that game I'm led to believe. Will still be Mernda and Lalor stars at years end!

Gibbs, overrated player for longtime. Mernda Unlucky in that game I'm led to believe. Will still be Mernda and Lalor stars at years end!
Really? looked a pretty clear cut loss from the score card, but for some late wickets it might have been a 5-6 wicket loss..
Those 3 sides and Greensborough look the early stand outs though.

Rather him on my team than against. Nothing from chrimes or kennel either then.. Banyule and Heidelberg getting outrights in round 3 is huge as they will be much harder to get later in season

Clearly too early to be calling. Boro and Stars were both flying at stages last year and both failed to make the GF
Give it a couple more matches to assess where most teams are at. Eltham looking the goods from what we've seen. Additions of Ryan and Donaldson improves there bowling depth and batting has always been strong. Already beaten Gboro and Mernda.

Another thing, that effort from LP is a disgrace, and I hope those guys are embarrassed. 5 wickets in the last 2 overs. Dunno how you pick it up from here, but they're lucky its only a 1 up 1 down policy.
Rumour has it they were offered to pull stumps when they were two down for 40 odd and said no we would like to bat on!!!!

Read tongs's comments re LP! How can club/players/members/supporters/volunteers be happy with club either not trying to win or caving in so easily as on weekend? Its 1 thing teaching young players to value their wicket and bat time but to not try to win (some games last year as well as this one) is a very different story. Dick emery is a well regarded person in the valley but surely competitors like Kelsey and zaraffa would be scratching their heads!

It looks like North Eltham Wanderers are out to prove that 2nd XI's shouldn't be allowed to be promoted to Money Shield.

Round 1 - Lost by 8 wickets
Round 2 - Lost by 8 wickets
Round 3 - Lost by 296 runs
Round 4 - Behind by 180 runs on first innings after day 1.

It looks like North Eltham Wanderers are out to prove that 2nd XI's shouldn't be allowed to be promoted to Money Shield.

Round 1 - Lost by 8 wickets
Round 2 - Lost by 8 wickets
Round 3 - Lost by 296 runs
Round 4 - Behind by 180 runs on first innings after day 1.
Unfortunately NEW appear to be putting quantity ahead of quality.

From their top 6 teams they have won only 4 games, with their H Grade forfeiting their last 3 games. No sledge on any club trying to give blokes a game, but maybe less is more.

M MSW Agree, Couple of years ago it felt like Money shield was bunching up, now it looks like the depth is going the other way. Both ex HDCA sides improving, Eltham, G-borough strong and recently relegated sides Stars and Mernda, the rest going backwards

I see some of us (me included) had a fair crack at Lower Plenty a few weeks ago. May have been deserved, but after a huge win over hurstbridge and a solid 1st day vs Heidelberg they may have made a few corrections to what seemingly from the outside looked like a poor game plan. Well done

Extremely interesting and intriguing score between eltham and lalor. While no one could question mark minney's ability or loyalty to eltham, I find 3 things very bizarre going only from the scorecards. 1- he carried his bat but the team could not win. 2- he hit no boundaries for the entire innings. 3- that steve kemp took 5 wickets as the 5th bowler! Now without knowing, maybe lalor ringed the boundary and gave skips a single to get the others on strike I don't know, but I find it hard to believe that the best bat in the comp could not reach the small boundaries at lalor once and that no one else could stay with him through kempy's bowling! Great bat kempy but a 5fa bowler?? Last season Ray Kelsey made 100 no out against eltham as an opener and they couldn't win. Not suggesting anything funny going on with averages (he'll win it anyway) but just has a bit of a lower plenty smell to it this one!!

I'm not sure how it has a Lower Plenty smell to it when a team gets bowled out with 25 overs left in the day with 12 to win. Questioning a bloke who is 80 not out while 5 blokes made Ducks is ridiculous! Agree on the Kempy thing.

Not questioning skips mate. Lower plenty reference was to an opener carrying his bat yet team not winning. Does he not slog more or take a chance? Scorecards may be wrong but no boundaries says he gets a single and puts heat on other bloke. If lose by 40 plus would be less weird. But by a dozen? That's the weird thing with lower plenty last year finishing close but opener still in. However take your point on team getting skittled. Again by scorecards says they batted 80 overs all up!! Just a bizarre looking game..

Yep, draught is bang on the money. There are 10 other blokes that should be questioned for the loss well before a bloke that was left stranded on 77* with plenty of overs to go. To suggest that Skips would care more about a batting average than a win is sheer stupidity. You wouldn't meet a bloke less interested in individual awards.

And just for the record, He also hit 5 boundaries I believe. So before you try to smear the name of a player, maybe get your facts right. Not only is it disrespectful to Skips, but also to Lalor and Kemp who quite obviously deserved the win.

How obvious you would talk such dribble tongs! No one smeared his name. No one suggested he was batting to win an average. Take your 1 eyed biased glasses off for a minute and read what was suggested. Your score cards were entered the way they were. Not my fault! I'm giving an opinion based on what I read and trying to ascertain what happened. We all know what skips has done and can do but to be 77no as an opener and lose is extremely rare and looks weird! Take a zanex tongs!!

the only people you talk about 2bob is sutcliffe gibbs kelsey minney and quinlan. You sound very similar to a few ex posters on here. welcome back steven. no umpiring this year?

Back