2015/2016 Money Shield Thread

Cut down the tree at Warrawee Park?

Warrawee is more than suitable for lower grades, even with the tree.. it is bigger than half the grounds we play on now. (incl Research Park & Loyola - not bagging the grounds just comparing size)
It is the councils who will not let clubs from other councils ( say Creek vs NEW) play on that ground if at least one of the clubs is not from Banyule. but its not just Banyule, its all 3 councils.

What about Partingtons Flat.... apparently taken over by the soccer club. Thats fine, but when was the last soccer game played on a Saturday arvo...?

I guess the point is, there are grounds around. We just need to get access to use them.

Disgraceful proposal... How they (DVCA) can justify moving to 10 teams with the proposed format is beyond comprehension.
Supposed to be our Premier grade - and yet we will have a compromised drawing have to play 3 teams twice next year.
I understand the DVCA will try to grade the draw so teams will play 'equal' teams in the extra One dayers...
But this system is flawed. Year to year teams change dramatically.
2 years ago, Plenty were close to being relegated, yet nearly won flag last year, and now looking at relegation again.
Riverside, would have been happy to play them twice this year based on previous form, but not now...

I am not saying i know the perfect outcome - and we all know we have to fix the lower grades - but clubs should have been consulted on the new grading structure as it was originally planned to do so.
I have not spoken to one club that is happy with the new proposal.
I agree might have been too hard to chop from 12 teams to 8, but would be a fairer comp. or leave the top grade at 12 teams, with 2 divisions of 8 below.

Ex Prez couldn't agree with you more on all the points you make.
But a question you may be able to answer is why if all the clubs are unhappy with the proposal why aren't they doing something about it?
It staggers me that nothing is being said or done by the clubs that in reality are the DVCA.

Apparently it is due to a shortage of grounds in the Nillumbik area. Issue is only going to get worse as that is the growth area.
Clubs like Diamond Creek, NEW, Research etc who all having growing junior numbers, and therefore growing senior teams are causing the issues...
(not bagging those clubs, just fact they are 'lucky' to located in a growth area)
Council isnt going to build any new grounds in a hurry, so apart from restricting the size of a club ( ie max teams), cant see any viable alternative...unless the Banyule & Whittlesea councils agree to allow clubs from outisde their council zones to play on those grounds.

What is ridiculous about the ban on outside clubs is that the location of a club does not always align to where the members of the club live.

Take Warwick Todd for example - I live about 2km from my club, but over the council boundary. So the council where I live won't allow my club to play on a ground that I, as a ratepayer, pay for!

It needs to be sorted out.

Last edited:
What is ridiculous about the ban on outside clubs is that the location of a club does not always align to where the members of the club live.

Take Warwick Todd for example - I live about 2km from my club, but over the council boundary. So the council where I live won't allow my club to play on a ground that I, as a ratepayer, pay for!

It needs to be sorted out.

Maybe we should all run for our local council then. As Adolf Hitler said 'if you don't like a rule, just follow it, rise to the top then change the rule'.

Personally I dont have a big issue with the sunday round, i actually got to go see the ones play this week and vice versa couple of the ones came down to watch us play on Sunday.

Top 4 done and dusted before Christmas for money shield,now our attention goes down to the bottom half of the ladder.

I'm not sure it's that easy to say at this point of the season. We're not technically half way through the season yet and the fixture has been a little skewed so far. If you look at the top 4 from last season, Mernda went up to Barclay and North Eltham came down. That leaves North Eltham, Eltham, Banyule and Lalor as the top 4 ranked sides from last season. The only real change this season is that Lower Plenty have moved to the top of the table and Banyule are 5th.
But look at which clubs that these sides have played:
Lower Plenty - Montmorency (7th), Whittlesea (9th), Camrea (11th), Hurstbridge (12th) and Mill Park (8th) - Haven't played a side in the top 6
North Eltham - Camrea (11th), Montmorency (7th), Hurstbridge (12th), Whittlesea (9th), Greensborough (10th) - Haven't played a side in the top 6
Eltham - Whittlesea (9th), Hurstbridge (12th), Mill Park (8th), Montmorency (7th), Heidelberg (6th) - Haven't played a side in the top 5
Lalor - Banyule (5th), Greensborough (10th), Heidelberg (6th), Mill Park (8th), Hurstbridge (12th) - Have played the 5th and 6th ranked side
Banyule - Lalor Stars (3rd), Mill Park (8th), Greensborough (10th), Heidelberg (6th), Whittlesea (9th) - Have only played one side in the top 5
In the coming rounds the top 6 teams will be playing against each other almost every week and the bottom 6 teams will be playing against each other, so only one team will be able to take the points.
Hurstbridge have already played all of the top 4 sides in the first 5 rounds
Greensborough have played 4 of the top 6 sides in the first 5 rounds.
Whittlesea have played 4 of the top 5 sides in the first 5 rounds.
Mill Park have played 4 of the top 5 sides in the first 5 rounds.
For example:
This week sees 1st (Lower Plenty) playing 2nd (North Eltham) and 3rd (Lalor) playing 4th (Eltham)
At the other end of the table 9th (Whittlesea) play 10th (Greensborough) and 8th (Mill Park) plays 11th (Camrea)
I think the season is far from done and dusted.

I'm not sure it's that easy to say at this point of the season. We're not technically half way through the season yet and the fixture has been a little skewed so far. If you look at the top 4 from last season, Mernda went up to Barclay and North Eltham came down. That leaves North Eltham, Eltham, Banyule and Lalor as the top 4 ranked sides from last season. The only real change this season is that Lower Plenty have moved to the top of the table and Banyule are 5th.
Lower Plenty - Montmorency (7th), Whittlesea (9th), Camrea (11th), Hurstbridge (12th) and Mill Park (8th) - Haven't played a side in the top 6
North Eltham - Camrea (11th), Montmorency (7th), Hurstbridge (12th), Whittlesea (9th), Greensborough (10th) - Haven't played a side in the top 6
Eltham - Whittlesea (9th), Hurstbridge (12th), Mill Park (8th), Montmorency (7th), Heidelberg (6th) - Haven't played a side in the top 5
Lalor - Banyule (5th), Greensborough (10th), Heidelberg (6th), Mill Park (8th), Hurstbridge (12th) - Have played the 5th and 6th ranked side
Banyule - Lalor Stars (3rd), Mill Park (8th), Greensborough (10th), Heidelberg (6th), Whittlesea (9th) - Have only played one side in the top 5
In the coming rounds the top 6 teams will be playing against each other almost every week and the bottom 6 teams will be playing against each other, so only one team will be able to take the points.
For example:
This week sees 1st (Lower Plenty) playing 2nd (North Eltham) and 3rd (Lalor) playing 4th (Eltham)
At the other end of the table 9th (Whittlesea) play 10th (Greensborough) and 8th (Mill Park) plays 11th (Camrea)

Top 4 to come from the top 6. I wouldn't expect LS, NEW or Eltham to drop too many. Lower Plenty might lose a couple, but they have a 22 point gap on 5th and 6th, to that end I reckon the top 4 probably is done and dusted, Heidelberg and Banyule will need some outrights. Banyule's bowling might be capable of it but they've already played Mill Park and Whittlesea so the last two rounds of the season will be huge for them.

Fair play to Henkel as well, who is having an unbelievable year thus far.

I would see Eltham as vulnerable, they dropped a game to Mill Park and without Gibbsy their bowling attack looks thin. If they lose to LS this round they are back in the pack for 4th spot. Should be a cracking round though!!!

For example:
Must have a fair bit of time on your hands tgat!

The General Manager or his nominated representative will

monitor the Bureau of Meteorology “Viewbank” temperature by

dialling 1196.

Once it exceeds 38° Celsius, the General Manager or his

nominated representative will notify clubs by SMS. Play will

then be suspended immediately, and will not start or re-start

until the General Manager or his nominated representative

notify clubs that it is 38° or below.

continue to check at each 15 minute interval on and from the

hour (eg 1:00pm, 1:15pm, 1:30pm, etc).

If play is delayed for 1 hour in one continuous block of time

(not accumulative blocks), all play in all matches will be

abandoned for the day.

monitor the Bureau of Meteorology “Viewbank” temperature by

dialling 1196.

Once it exceeds 38° Celsius, the General Manager or his

nominated representative will notify clubs by SMS. Play will

then be suspended immediately, and will not start or re-start

until the General Manager or his nominated representative

notify clubs that it is 38° or below.

continue to check at each 15 minute interval on and from the

hour (eg 1:00pm, 1:15pm, 1:30pm, etc).

If play is delayed for 1 hour in one continuous block of time

(not accumulative blocks), all play in all matches will be

abandoned for the day.

38 too low for mine for the top grades. Played in hotter when I was younger. I reckon Heidelberg will declare at the start of the day and have a go at outright.
LP v NEW
&
MP v Camrea both might get a results before it hits 38 as well.

Back